• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Between this and the first set of games in the EU Regional gauntlet I keep thinking I've accidentally opened the client and clicked to spectate on a solo queue game.

Okay, that's not true, the solo queue games that get featured in the client aren't anywhere near as horrifically newbish as those Roccat vs. Giants games were.

9n2nJCT.gif

Better than Origen? Naaaaaaaaaaah
Origen almost got eliminated by fucking ROCCAT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite champion! I main as Vel'Koz, so I'm pretty rock solid to see him picked finally. That alone makes me want TIP to win.
Ok, this is going to be pretty awesome. Vel'koz needs more play.
Hell yeah, he does. His ult is absolutely destructive in a team fight. I hope we get to see it rock some fights.

Ugh, Karma over Alistar as the last pick when they just gambled on Vel'Koz. The opportunity was there to punish it with a roaming/ganking support during lane phase.

Good example of Hai's jungling inexperience there. Not so much that he facechecked Ekko by going across river at a dangerous time (but that too) as that he didn't instantly flash towards his mid laner when he realised.

No, Velkoz is a counter to Azir lane phase as a long range damage.
You're nuts. Azir is a great counter to Vel'Koz. His soldiers zone the hell out of Vel'Koz (as we can see from this match). Vel'Koz relies on a combo of some iteration with his E"which is very short ranged. Just to get that E off Vel would have to take multiple pokes from soldiers, and if the E doesn't land...well. You're dead.

And yeah. It doesn't help the Azir is a better player altogether than Vel'Koz.

You're nuts. Azir is a great counter to Vel'Koz. His soldiers zone the hell out of Vel'Koz (as we can see from this match). Vel'Koz relies on a combo of some iteration with his "E" which is very short ranged. Just to get that E off Vel would have to take multiple pokes from soldiers, and if the E doesn't land...well. You're dead.

Velkoz outranges Azir. That's all there is to it.

They even said it at the casting desk during the pick. Everyone knows it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Velkoz outranges Azir. That's all there is to it.

They even said it at the casting desk during the pick. Everyone knows it.

it doesn't really matter, velkoz's poke is a lot more conditional than azir's

with azir you just point towards velkoz and boom, damage. doens't matter if there are minions in the way or anything. it's really quick too and slows so you can get a lot of follow up damage, and also since it goes through minions you can also push him to turret and harass him there

with velkoz you have to land really weird skillshots and specially his q doesn't go through minions and it's what you max first so his main spell gets used for waveclear or for poke but can't do both at once and it's not even that great for waveclear (tho w and e help a lot)

i'd def give the edge to azir, range is only one variable and it's not like there's a huge difference like lissandra vs xerath or something.

Top Bottom