• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

TomShoe

Banned
Bad is an understatement.

i tried.

vdXGmvO.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Lord Newt is 23 points away from defeating Ghost is Bad's fantasy team, with 3 people left to play.

Ghost is undefeated with the complete set of FNC team members. Newt started the season 0-3 and a belief that Cop would carry. I guess POTENTIAL is an appropriate team name after all, though Cop isn't doing the carrying this split.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah NA has turned out super boring. The only interesting thing every week is whether or not TL has put it together.

At least H2K, GMB and CW stepped it up in EU and it improved in the last weeks.

Btw I'm a fan of the auto relegation. A team going 1-17 having a chance to stay with thanks to a good series sucks. At least it can bring change to the next split.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So many freebie positioning. Unbelievable. On another note, the problem with this game for TSM was that their tanks didn't do as much damage as TIP's frontline.

zer0das

Banned
Apollo used to be known as WizFujiiN , he was Coast's ADC when they were going up the challenger circuit the second time, and played a split with them. That was about a year ago.

Whereabouts did Apollo come from? I'm right in thinking he's the only non-Asian on the team?

Apollo is WizFujiin with a new name. He played a split for Coast, not doing too much to build a name (but was very, very good in challenger before they got promoted, and apparently had issues with nerves on LAN). Adrian used to be called 10q, a prominent support in the NA LCS challenger split during 2014. He is American, though I assume of Chinese descent since his surname is "Ma".

zkylon

zkylewd
the way fenix played zed is super interesting

and clg can't teamfight for shit

seems like teams should just play them like old dig, even if you lose early game stay 4-5k gold behind and wait until they throw

zkylon

zkylewd
piglet gonna get niq'd

ed: tbh he's getting carried every game, but if that style of play works better nothing to do about it. if piglet can play that way there's no reason to put him on since it's not like keith is doing anything other than doing well

Newt

piglet gonna get niq'd

ed: tbh he's getting carried every game, but if that style of play works better nothing to do about it. if piglet can play that way there's no reason to put him on since it's not like keith is doing anything other than doing well
Piglet can't even play at like Apollo's level, lol.

I like how Team Liquid gave up on their original strat - the Zed splitpush - when CLG kept picking Fenix off or pushing through before he could threaten their towers, so they swapped to using Zed as a kind of distraction for Jinx and relying on Keith to hero mode to victory. Exciting game.

The day has been redeemed after two shockingly bad watches to start off. Thank you TiP, TSM, CLG and TL.

Blizzard

Banned
I will say that while I don't watch the in-between match stuff often, I think the coats, vests, and ties are great for making the whole presentation feel more professional.

zkylon

zkylewd
Piglet can't even play at like Apollo's level, lol.
well keith hasn't demonstrated he's any better either, outside of personality/language issues

keith's been losing like every lane and been riding on really good games by quas, dominate and in this one fenix

I will say that while I don't watch the in-between match stuff often, I think the coats, vests, and ties are great for making the whole presentation feel more professional.
i'm biased towards the korean style

rw0Vwnd.png

Bacon

The whole production feels very professional overall to me. They definitely put on a good show.

Noshino

while i like the effort, they really need to learn how to dress professionally.Many of the coaches seem like they have never dressed well given the awful tie knots or the saggy looking shirts and blazers.

god the coach from wfx specially, whoever picked his clothes for saturday's match needs to be fired.

The whole production feels very professional overall to me. They definitely put on a good show.

yup yup, i like it a lot better

I do feel they need to get better tools for replays, something like the technology used for (american) football replays would go a long way to make it even better.

Top Bottom