• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Ambition

VrjJzJD.gif

Hnnnnnngggggg

BShadowJ

OH MAN. Classic TSM. Give enemy advantage to then win through superior teamfighting. Lustboy went crazy there. As if I wasn't nervous enough ;_;

This is where everyone will realize the true best region in the world is NA. Or that all the regions are actually way closer than anyone would guess.

brian!

les b real though everyone playing like booty
i think my ideal worlds environment is where everyone is pretty bad at the game

Arion

This is where everyone will realize the true best region in the world is NA. Or that all the regions are actually way closer than anyone would guess.

Well WE is still the lowest ranked team in LPL. At least worlds this year will be more interesting as we can't just assume the NA teams are going to insta loose. You cal also attribute this to a lot of the Korean talent moving to other regions.

Exciting match. TSM winning game 1 is a good sign as that's usually their weakest game, they're a team good at adapting to the enemy's strengths in a best of series. They really need to get WE's top laner off Sion or Maokai though. They should ban Sion and take the Maokai for themselves.

Well WE is still the lowest ranked team in LPL. At least worlds this year will be more interesting as we can't just assume the NA teams are going to insta loose.

The old roster is. We have no idea where this roster would place. This roster is without a doubt stronger than the old one.

I think the volatility caused by The Great Korean Migration is making everything really hard to read right now.

Will probably have a clearer picture next split.

BShadowJ

I really want another world finals like in Season 2: two good teams having great matches where either could have won.
Or maybe it's the nostalgia speaking. I dunno.
I feel it's lame knowing from the start what team will win. :/ So yes, I hope this is the start of a very competitive season, where every region has a good chance to win it all.

I think the volatility caused by The Great Korean Migration is making everything really hard to read right now.

Will probably have a clearer picture next split.

Agreed, there are so many variables at play in this tournament. If it was the top 2 from each region with no bo1s it would give us a good picture, but as it stands it's hard to accurately gauge region strength.

Also, i'm surprised no one has picked up XWX's counter to Zed: Karthus.

EG and OMG is not in this tournament

I realize that. NA isn't best, but I think the top teams (CLG and TSM) are way better when playing at their peak than most people will give them credit.

It is interesting that the best Korean team can not be assumed to be the best team in the world anymore. I am really interested in seeing China's top teams against Koreans.

Blizzard

Banned
Huh, no Sion or Ahri this round even without bans. And TSM was apparently so concerned about not getting/playing LeBlanc that they banned her themselves.

I realize that. NA isn't best, but I think the top teams (CLG and TSM) are way better when playing at their peak than most people will give them credit.

It is interesting that the best Korean team can not be assumed to be the best team in the world anymore. I am really interested in seeing China's top teams against Koreans.

Yeah, it's kinda a product of the past though. Korea has been a strong region for so long that when a team like GE dominates they automatically get seen as the best in the world, while NA was fairly weak so when teams like TSM or CLG look really good people just assume it's because they're beating up a really weak region. Since the gap has closed this split (imo) teams like TSM, CLG, TIP, SK, etc. deserve respect.

Edit: I'm not a huge fan of Bjerg's Lissandra. I much prefer him on playmaking assassins. Lissandra means the rest of the team has to play well, he can't hard carry.

FireSol

The gap is still here, it not as huge as it was, tnx to kerean players and coachs(most importantly) migration.

brian!

eh he's doing ok

he can't keep cs pressure by playing more passively, and it's not like tsm aren't gaining better shit after dyrus dies, but it's pretty bad to allow maokai so much early mr in this comp

BShadowJ

Yeah I think a good strategy overall to win vs TSM is to camp Dyrus, but they are spending way too much time on him, it's costing them way too much.

Fake edit: And he's coming back anyway thanks to the rest of his team. Holy moly.

Dyrus has to have some mental fortitude to not be tilting after that early game. This match is over.
It's what makes Dyrus a good top laner. He does not usually tilt no matter how hard you fuck his lane up.

That focus on top singlehandedly cost them the game. Spirit is trading stuff like Blue buff for towers for fuck's sake

Top Bottom