• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

zkylon

zkylewd
838s1YV.jpg

bokn

Banned
Apparently the Korean teams only came in the day before IEM. The mid season international will be pretty interesting.

Lustboy's blog about conditions at the tournament was interesting - definitely a throwback from season 2 in more ways than one. Maybe Katowice is the right place to take on the Koreans.

Dexter will sub for in for Elements this week, replacing Shook. Looks like panic is setting in for the Elements team as, with a 5-9 record, they sit two wins behind UoL and CW (both 7-7), who share the last playoff spot. They play H2K and Gambit this week - two teams in excellent form - and if they can't at least split 1-1 their playoff hopes will almost certainly be extinguished. Go 0-2 and they may well be in real danger of facing a relegation match, depending on how Roccat and Giants do.

clemenx

Banned
I think Shook's still playing though? At least for next week. They just got him for sub since the deadline for players you can use in the playoffs is this week.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel bad for elements, but their own hubris kinda got to them and they made the mistake of fixing what wasn't broken, even tho they did so bad at worlds

tbh at this point it feels like froggen and rekkles are the problem rather than everyone else, but how do you even bench those players

Oh, misread the Reddit thread. Dexter's just a sub for now. Elements not quite as panicked as reported!
They will be when they lose to H2K and Gambit.

clemenx

Banned
That H2K game made me angry. It seemed like they were just waiting for Elements to push for the win.

It also seems like Gnar is way too hard to pull off now with the reduced mega window.

That H2K game made me angry. It seemed like they were just waiting for Elements to push for the win.

It also seems like Gnar is way too hard to pull off now with the reduced mega window.

It reminded me so much of CLG.eu. Double tank comp, falling behind early due to cross-map pressure and loss of vision, Froggen barrelling into late game by 25 minutes with supreme farming, grouping early and controlling the game till the 40 minute mark when their excellent teamfighting skills and superior comp allow them to roll over the other team. If tank junglers really are legitimate picks now, and there's no easy answer to Karthus/Viktor "hold lane and teamfight" mids, I don't see much reason for Elements not to move towards strategies revolving around getting Froggen and Rekkles to the late game and winning teamfights.

Blizzard

Banned
My fantasy luck ran out. This had to be the week that FNC figured out how to play again so Ghost gets lots of points.

I think I'm still guaranteed third place though, even if Newt goes 6-0 after the first 3 losses.

fantasy2gesh8.png

Top Bottom