• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

That pretty much locked TL into 7th place unless they do really well today and next week. Maybe having a break will let TL improve as a team and not worry about playoffs.

Honestly Balls engaging on T8's desperation baron with TP lost C9 the game. Absolutely no need to do that and force Hai to walk in behind you leading to him getting hooked (okay, he could have dodged) and your team getting Aced. At most Meteos should have attempted a steal, but the easy play was just to wait for Sneaky, hold off, poke a bit, then engage once the baron was finished. Once T8 got enough damage to get through all the tanks C9 needed to pull off massive outplays to win teamfights, or do some patented Hai guerilla warfare (great thinking to line cut and sneak the inhib) to have a chance.

Fun game. Happy to see Cali playing the champions he enjoys. Not bad to have 2/3 of the promoted teams make playoffs, assuming Liquid doesn't knock either Gravity or T8 out. I don't think T8 are all that strong, but they perform very well under pressure (many of their wins have been topsy turvy games).

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly Balls engaging on T8's desperation baron with TP lost C9 the game. Absolutely no need to do that and force Hai to walk in behind you leading to him getting hooked (okay, he could have dodged) and your team getting Aced. At most Meteos should have attempted a steal, but the easy play was just to wait for Sneaky, hold off, poke a bit, then engage once the baron was finished. Once T8 got enough damage to get through all the tanks C9 needed to pull off massive outplays to win teamfights, or do some patented Hai guerilla warfare (great thinking to line cut and sneak the inhib) to have a chance.

Fun game. Happy to see Cali playing the champions he enjoys. Not bad to have 2/3 of the promoted teams make playoffs, assuming Liquid doesn't knock either Gravity or T8 out. I don't think T8 are all that strong, but they perform very well under pressure (many of their wins have been topsy turvy games).

balls has had a terrible split

C9 actually has a big week coming up from a "records" perspective, since they have never had a losing record against a team at the end of a split, and they play TSM and Gravity, who are both leading 1-0 against them. Lose a game and their 3-season long "unbeaten" run will end. I fear their record's gonna go. (I know, I'm the only person who gives a damn, but I do.)

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno why dyrus was so upset in the interview after teh game

i'm watching the first 20 minutes and it mostly feels like he got empty lane farm more than once but chose to push instead of endlessly freeze like zion (which at least so far didn't get them much)

might've been a team decision, but then he went to farm jungle camps so i wonder if he just messed up himself?

Avalon ended the game with a 4-2-6 score. You would assume he did good but reality was he was bad once again. Impact had so much more.. impact on the game (yes pun intended).

If it wasn't for XWX getting shitted on by Pob that game would of been straight murder.

The game where Avalon doesn't do terrible in lane, he gets caught out and ends the game for WFX anyways. At some point you have to think they will replace him even if it means losing Helios as well.

I would beg to differ. He let Impact roam top and kill twitch like 2-3 times WITHOUT even TPING. Hec literally walked his ass top kills twitch then walks back bot and still has TP in-case shit happens. And while doing all that Impact was down like what 20 CS? He traded 20 CS to make Twitch start the game 1-4. Then the one time Avalon tried to TP guess what? Thresh roams bot hooks him, Nidalee hits him with a spear and he dies waste TP for nothing.

That's why I said the 4-2-6 score is such fool's gold. Impact out played him that game. At one point Impact had 6 assist when the score was like 7-6 (majority of kills for WFX being solo kills with Zed) or whatever. Thresh only had 5 assist at the time. Impact was out roaming everyone on Hec.

The "no more Yasuo!" after the match made me laugh, I think XWX was just playing it to have fun.

Yes, Impact literally sat on top of Twitch for half the lane phase and only lost by 20 cs. Avalon might get competent with a year of experience, but right now he's a glaring weak point.

I'm pretty sure XiaoWeiXiao looked at who they were playing this week and said "Yep, I'm getting two games of Yasuo in. Have fun guys."

There is literally no reason to have Avalon on the team. He's not some diamond with a ton of potential just waiting to be polished, he's a incredibly poor top laner who will most likely, even at his best, be nothing more than a bottom tier top laner.

Yes, Impact literally sat on top of Twitch for half the lane phase and only lost by 20 cs. Avalon might get competent with a year of experience, but right now he's a glaring weak point.

I'm pretty sure XiaoWeiXiao looked at who they were playing this week and said "Yep, I'm getting two games of Yasuo in. Have fun guys."

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Everyone looks so serious in TL :x

No reason to be happy with beating the last place team give and their standing kinda sucks right now. They wish the 4th place curse was in effect.

Look at TSM's vision against CLG before the Baron lol.

Oh7mXXc.jpg

Zed at the time was 2 levels on Ahri and basically CLG playing catch up from there for the rest of the game.

Blizzard

Banned
It's kind of funny statistically how my fantasy team turned out this week. A few highlights:

• My team had 3 of the top 5 scoring players from last week.
  • My team has had 249 or more points every win this season (6 out of 8).
  • I wouldn't have beaten Ghost's scores anyway, but the only two games under 249 points have been when I was matched against Ghost, who has the all-FNC team and has been in first place most of the season. I lost both those weeks.
  • This was the second worst week for my top laner all season.
  • This was the second worst week for my jungler all season.
  • This was the WORST week for my mid laner (Bjergsen) all season. Not close either, but worst by 17+ points. His second worst week was against Ghost's team.
  • This was the second worst week for my ADC all season.
  • This was the WORST week for my support by 8+ points.
  • (My new flex laner was the only player who did well.)
  • This was the third worst week for my current team pick, Gambit.

In summary, 5/6 of my players had either their worst or second worst week, simultaneously, on the week that I was matched against the highest player in the league besides me.

idlewild_

Man, tuned into EU CS just out of curiosity. See a Zac, Olaf, Teemo, Varus, AP Kog, and Jax all in the same game. Pretty crazy ending to the game too, lol.

The EU CS game (mouz v Gamers2) with Teemo, Varus, AP Kog'Maw etc. Starts at ~3:56:00

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/641360866

The ending to that game is the most humiliating way for a team to lose ever. They think they've won, and then, well...

Teemo traps them with the age old passive + shroom ambush, under his own crumbling nexus towers, kills them all, and wins the game for his team. Amazing.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 9 - Day 1

t1427389200z1.png

Copenhagen Wolves vs Roccat
H2K vs Fnatic
SK Gaming vs Meet Your Makers
Giants Gaming vs Elements
Unicorns of Love vs Gambit Gaming

According to the schedule it starts an hour later than usual.

Leezard

EU LCS - Week 9 - Day 1

t1427389200z1.png

Copenhagen Wolves vs Roccat
H2K vs Fnatic
SK Gaming vs Meet Your Makers
Giants Gaming vs Elements
Unicorns of Love vs Gambit Gaming

According to the schedule it starts an hour later than usual.
Really? It's the usual time for me. I think it's because NA has switched to daylight saving time, NA LCS has been starting one hour earlier than usual for a week or so for me.

Edwardo

Really? It's the usual time for me. I think it's because NA has switched to daylight saving time, NA LCS has been starting one hour earlier than usual for a week or so for me.

That's what I thought too. I just went on the stream and it's starting in 45 mins.

Amzin

The EU CS game (mouz v Gamers2) with Teemo, Varus, AP Kog'Maw etc. Starts at ~3:56:00

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/641360866

The ending to that game is the most humiliating way for a team to lose ever. They think they've won, and then, well...

Teemo traps them with the age old passive + shroom ambush, under his own crumbling nexus towers, kills them all, and wins the game for his team. Amazing.

I don't think I'll ever see that passive used more effectively than that, even if I played another 5 years. I could see it coming too, I was thinking "they aren't thinking about that at all are they"

Kat and Jungle Grag. Interesting picks.

9 weeks in, and I'm still not liking the casting of this Pyro Techniq (sp?) guy. He seems to be struggling to coherently do play by play.

Amzin

The throws. So throws.

This is the Roccat I liked before they got into LCS even though, slightly off-mainstream picks. Wish they'd kept it up all split.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My opponent for fantasy has Freeze. FML.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 9 - Day 2

t1427475600z1.png

Copenhagen Wolves vs Giants Gaming
Elements vs Fnatic
SK Gaming vs Gambit Gaming
Meet Your Makers vs Roccat
Unicorns of Love vs H2K

elements shitting the bed
i hope they win for krepo
but i hope they lose since i bet so heavily on them in fantasy early on and have struggled to recover as a result
luckily i picked up huni

TomShoe

Banned
GG Elements

EDIT: They didn't make playoffs because of that game, but because they allowed themselves to be put into a situation where they could be knocked out because of that game.

Top Bottom