• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Bacon

So what's the schedule like after this weekend? Playoffs start next weekend then there is playoffs for a few weeks then a break before summer split starts?

Edwardo

So what's the schedule like after this weekend? Playoffs start next weekend then there is playoffs for a few weeks then a break before summer split starts?

Ya, after the playoffs end there is a break when the Mid-Season Invitational takes place May 7th-10th. After that the summer split will start. Not sure about the summer split start date though.

Bacon

Ya, after the playoffs end there is a break when the Mid-Season Invitational takes place May 7th-10th. After that the summer split will start. Not sure about the summer split start date though.

Do the results of this split affect the summer split at all? First time following the lcs this season so I'm just trying to get my head around all of it.

Edwardo

Do the results of this split affect the summer split at all? First time following the lcs this season so I'm just trying to get my head around all of it.

1st-7th make it into the summer split. 8th and 9th face the 2nd and 3rd place challenger teams. 8th place gets to choose which of the two teams they face. 10th is automatically kicked out and replaced by the 1st place challenger team.

I think that's it.

Leezard

1st-7th make it into the summer split. 8th and 9th face the 2nd and 3rd place challenger teams. 8th place gets to choose which of the two teams they face. 10th is automatically kicked out and replaced by the 1st place challenger team.

I think that's it.

Did they add Circuit Points? From what I remember there was talk about adding it.

Edwardo

Did they add Circuit Points? From what I remember there was talk about adding it.

I don't think they did, but I just haven't heard anything about it lately.

NA LCS - Week 9 - Day 2

t1427655600z1.png

Winterfox vs Team Coast
Cloud 9 vs Team SoloMid
Team Dignitas vs Team Liquid
Gravity vs Team 8
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team Impulse

Blizzard

Banned
I guess Coast will go with a troll comp if they've nothing to lose?
I really wish. That would at least make it entertaining since they're being eliminated anyway, might as well have some fun champions.

*edit* Darn the game already started and the team is normal.

Leezard

What a bore. I guess that's what happens when you put the two worst teams in the NALCS against each other though. Wait, maybe TL is worse than WFX.

I'm fine with seeing a Cho v. Urgot mid lane.

The best part of the current meta is that none of them are uncommon.

zkylon

zkylewd

pretty sure they did

winner of second split (forget if it's summer or what, it's spring here :p) goes to worlds, then two teams with the most circuit points go too, with results of second split mattering more than first one

Leezard

pretty sure they did

winner of second split (forget if it's summer or what, it's spring here :p) goes to worlds, then two teams with the most circuit points go too, with results of second split mattering more than first one

Nice, that does mean that spring split is worth more.

Summer is the second split, yeah.

pretty sure they did

not quite, the team that wins summer split+the team with the most points remaining qualifies, then teams 2-5 in points play for the 3rd and final spot as follows:

qualifier.png

(this is pretty similar to Korea's isn't it)

zkylon

zkylewd
not quite, the team that wins summer split+the team with the most points remaining qualifies, then teams 2-5 in points play for the 3rd and final spot as follows:

qualifier.png

(this is pretty similar to Korea's isn't it)
oh right

thanks for correcting

cool format i think

Yep. Coast's W/L record set today may never be broken. 1-17, 5.56% win rate. May we never see a team this bad again.

If C9 beat TSM, they will have gone three splits without ever ending with a losing record against any team.

jerd

This is the first LCS game I've turned on all season but Kennen, Cho, and Nautilus what year is it. Cool to see a few picks that would have never happened last season.

I like how C9 picked all the no-skill point & click hard CC champions (Depth Charge, Assault & Battery, Frozen Tomb, Twisting Advance/Arcane Smash), while TSM were stuck with Cho/Leona/Kennen whose CC can all be dodged (and Rek'Sai). I noticed that I play every champion on C9's side too. Hmm.

This is the first LCS game I've turned on all season but Kennen, Cho, and Nautilus what year is it. Cool to see a few picks that would have never happened last season.

The latest patch has put the game on it's head. Both damage dealing junglers like Vi, Nidalee, and Lee are in as well as tank junglers like Sej and Zac, Urgot became a big counter pick to Zed, Cho beats Urgot, ADC can be played effectively in the mid lane with Ez and Corki, supports are very diverse right now from Lulu, Janna, Leona, Naut, Thresh, and Morg. Might be the best League patch I've seen in many seasons.

I like how C9 picked all the no-skill point & click hard CC champions (Depth Charge, Assault & Battery, Frozen Tomb, Twisting Advance/Arcane Smash), while TSM were stuck with Cho/Leona/Kennen whose CC can all be dodged (and Rek'Sai). I noticed that I play every champion on C9's side too. Hmm.

Funny I said the same thing about TSM at IEM:
Point and click, point and click everywhere.

Top Bottom