• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

jerd

The latest patch has put the game on it's head. Both damage dealing junglers like Vi, Nidalee, and Lee are in as well as tank junglers like Sej and Zac, Urgot became a big counter pick to Zed, Cho beats Urgot, ADC can be played effectively in the mid lane with Ez and Corki, supports are very diverse right now from Lulu, Janna, Leona, Naut, Thresh, and Morg. Might be the best League patch I've seen in many seasons.

Very cool. I'll need to go back and watch these games. I knew cinderhulk was really strong but had no idea Urgot had been popping up

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if this tanky mids are popping out because of how hard it is to kill junglers now so might as well just stack more tanks?

tho urgot and cho have things to get through tankiness i guess

competitive meta is kind of a mess right now

Blizzard

Banned
i wonder if this tanky mids are popping out because of how hard it is to kill junglers now so might as well just stack more tanks?

tho urgot and cho have things to get through tankiness i guess

competitive meta is kind of a mess right now
If "mess" = "variety" I'll take the mess, I think.

zkylon

zkylewd
If "mess" = "variety" I'll take the mess, I think.
ehh i feel like a meta is already being created which i don't find all that much fun and that variety will end when teams figure out what's op right now

personally i like zed vs lebonk better than urgot vs chogath

not that zed and lebonk disappeared or anything but i feel like that's the direction the meta is going which is imo a way lamer midlane meta

Nekofrog

Banned
my biggest hope to win my fantasy week falls on clg/tip. the only remaining players for summons, and they're up against each other. as long as it doesn't turn into another fnatic/uol points fest i'll be good.

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot just needs to work on AP/AD caster junglers. They really need a way to regain mana without buffing other types.
yeah

it's fine giving tanks their time to shine, no rush, but it's something for rito to look into in the future

also i guess eu and na have different styles for midlane, since eu is like all about the ahris and lebonks while na is cheese land this week

Blizzard

Banned
my biggest hope to win my fantasy week falls on clg/tip. the only remaining players for summons, and they're up against each other. as long as it doesn't turn into another fnatic/uol points fest i'll be good.
Considering you're ahead 97 points and your support is with my ADC, you have nothing whatsoever to worry about. Even if all 3 somehow had crazy 30 point games, your support would get 20-30 points as a result and you would still end up ahead.

There was a slight chance I could get first place all season, and I was first place twice, but the final two weeks of the season saw my players having some of their worst scores all season. Bad combination.

For example, Bjergsen had his worst scores all season in the last two weeks. Apollo has only had 2 weeks under 38 points all season...and he has 6.46 points after one game this final week. :p
*edit* Rush only had 2 weeks under 25 points all season, and he has 6.16 points after one game this final week, too.

Interesting seeing comps from season 2 come back as soon as tank junglers are good. Rumble/Vlad (or Kennen) AoE annihilation was big around the time TSM were winning all their LANs. Team8 were competitive for the first 15-20 minutes, then Bunny happened, then Vlad got too big (Rumble was already big because of the lane swap and the bad dive that gifted him first blood) and Team8 couldn't walk near Gravity. CC and invulnerability doesn't do much against their crazy AoE damage, topped off with Graves burst, and invulnerabilities of their own. Well played Gravity.

Team8 v Liquid, last spot in the playoffs, let's go. CLG can secure 2nd place against Impulse, who have literally nothing to play for, so I expect they'll do it. If they do, C9 will miss a playoff bye for the first time.

XwX still giving no Mundos about anything, introducing the world to Luden's Echo Corki. Oh, he also won (thanks primarily to Rush, what a great game from him on Vi).

Blizzard

Banned
i think i just won our fantasy league boys.
I'm kind of surprised you lost 3 times with the full-FNC team, but I guess even they had some bad weeks. I'm happy if I at least end up with second place, not knowing anything about LCS teams.

It made for a more interesting LCS to me since I actually had players and teams to root for. I probably watched more games this season than I ever had before.

If you pick Corki as your main source of consistent DPS into a Sejuani, you're pretty much committing to snowballing the game before 30 mins. Maple could pump his whole spell rotation into her and barely pop Quas' Lulu shield. Think T8 should've focussed on kiting back more and they might have had a chance if Fenix misplayed and they blew him up - Cali diving Piglet with two supports and no support didn't achieve much.

i really don't like that j4 mid but clg gotta clg

The J4 mid really had no impact on the game. It really could have been anybody that just body block and put out some sort of damage for Sneaky's Draven.

They even had a 2v2 (during that bot lane fight where Sneaky killed double between tier1/2 towers between Liss/Vi vs Zac/j4 and Liss/Zac ended up surviving but it was Zac that got the jump on Vi. So that was a nice sign for CLG but in the end it didn't really matter since no one was touching Draven.

brian!

check out this picture of regi

tumblr_n7533mLVMN1rfikaqo1_500.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
stop regi you're gonna hurt yourself

The J4 mid really had no impact on the game. It really could have been anybody that just body block and put out some sort of damage for Sneaky's Draven.

They even had a 2v2 (during that bot lane fight where Sneaky killed double between tier1/2 towers between Liss/Vi vs Zac/j4 and Liss/Zac ended up surviving but it was Zac that got the jump on Vi. So that was a nice sign for CLG but in the end it didn't really matter since no one was touching Draven.
yea, i feel like it was a bit of a yolo pick from c9 that ended up being neither good or bad. i can see cataclysm being a good way to create room between draven and the enemy divers and also a good counter in case doublelift picked his usual sivir, what with corki banned

but yeah, meteos, sneaky and lemon carried that game pretty hard, well played by them

and also i have no idea what the vayne pick was for

stop regi you're gonna hurt yourself

yea, i feel like it was a bit of a yolo pick from c9 that ended up being neither good or bad. i can see cataclysm being a good way to create room between draven and the enemy divers and also a good counter in case doublelift picked his usual sivir, what with corki banned

but yeah, meteos, sneaky and lemon carried that game pretty hard, well played by them

and also i have no idea what the vayne pick was for

My only guess is that maybe he was hoping they go even during laning phase then he hides in a side bush waiting for Sneaky to come farm. That's when he pops ult and solo him 1v1 with Bork. Then force 4v5 for objectives.

zkylon

zkylewd
my guess is he wanted to duel sneaky with their signature champions (or whatever)

unfortunately it never even got to that

Blizzard

Banned
Final results for the league:

fantasy3myur7.png

At least I got #2 despite nekofrog having more points. :D

Thanks for playing, made LCS more fun and interesting to watch. I'd join another league if there's a spot in the future.

Yeah fantasy LCS made me really get into the esports side. Great idea on Riot's part. I got second in my week, they had trades too late for me to trick my brother into giving me Huni.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be great if it was done in a less stupid system so that everyone actually gets to pick their players without afks or whatever

super upset about ending up with like sk and elementz players on my team because my building had a blackout :/

Blizzard

Banned
would be great if it was done in a less stupid system so that everyone actually gets to pick their players without afks or whatever

super upset about ending up with like sk and elementz players on my team because my building had a blackout :/
Elementz I could understand, but SK isn't so bad:

Lol, got more than 400 points this week in my Fantasy League. Talk about overkill. :p

af1a8d30b8.jpg

NALCS as boring as ever:

• TIP will win against GV
  • TL will win against CLG
  • TSM will win against TIP
  • C9 will win against TL
  • TSM will win finals against C9
  • TIP will win third place over TL who ends split as no 4

Edwardo

What other system would work? If it isn't a live draft then it'll take 2 weeks to finish.

zkylon

zkylewd
Elementz I could understand, but SK isn't so bad:
but i don't like sk :/

What other system would work? If it isn't a live draft then it'll take 2 weeks to finish.
imo having this whole draft thing isn't specially fun and makes it so that groups are small (so we can't have one big neogaf league)

like i said before the fantasy league we have here in argieland is much easier with like everyone getting x amount of money to spend on players who's "salary" would be determined by rito according to how good they are expected to be. you then have to juggle between having a star and a few mediocre players, or a more balanced team, or whatever. same player can be on many people's teams, it doesn't really matter, and everyone builds their team at their own leisure

i like it better that way

Top Bottom