• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Blizzard

Banned
but i don't like sk :/

imo having this whole draft thing isn't specially fun and makes it so that groups are small (so we can't have one big neogaf league)

like i said before the fantasy league we have here in argieland is much easier with like everyone getting x amount of money to spend on players who's "salary" would be determined by rito according to how good they are expected to be. you then have to juggle between having a star and a few mediocre players, or a more balanced team, or whatever. same player can be on many people's teams, it doesn't really matter, and everyone builds their team at their own leisure

i like it better that way
I actually did the post-league survey and replied to Riot mentioning that system already. But, one issue with it is that if I recall correctly, Riot's system predicting points and which fantasy team would win each week seemed super terrible. If they used something similar to give each player a "salary", then you could end up with a bunch of really good players being really cheap. I wouldn't mind the idea of duplicate players but you could also have someone who just insists on perfectly duplicating someone's team every week, forcing a tie. Then you'd have to make other players' teams stealthed until the games actually happen, and so forth.

What other system would work? If it isn't a live draft then it'll take 2 weeks to finish.
This is also a great point. Draft was super slow with one person not being there, but it'd be much worse if it wasn't live. You'd have to constantly be pestering people to log on and do it.

NALCS as boring as ever:

• TIP will win against GV
  • TL will win against CLG
  • TSM will win against TIP
  • C9 will win against TL
  • TSM will win finals against C9
  • TIP will win third place over TL who ends split as no 4

nah zion will do this thing link will play nidalee mid and xmithie will camp bot and they'll collectively shit on piglet until he tilts which will cause IWD to tilt and CLG will win
...trust me lol

Edwardo

Ya they still have a lot of stuff to figure out when it comes to fantasy leagues. They just added the ability to trade players when there was only a few weeks left in the split. I'd love to be able to customize leagues more than choosing the number of players. It's pretty lame that there aren't playoffs either, but that and other things have a lot to do with the short 9 week split.

For draft length, ours took a while. If you compare it to other fantasy sports, it was actually kind of short. The 12 man fantasy baseball league I'm in took over 3 hours last week. I guess it's different though. For people to actually to make a good commitment to a fantasy league you usually have to have something on the line, otherwise you'll have a few members who just stop checking their teams after a while.

I won't be satisfied unless GV or TL ends up 4th.

It has to happen.

Edwardo

Challenger Series Playoffs - Semifinals

EU: LowLandLions White vs Gamers2
t1427817600z1.png

NA: TDK vs Team Fusion
t1427850000z1.png

Matches are best of three.

clemenx

Banned
I love seeing success out of teams like LLL in EUCS rather than a team full of old pros or players with some experience. There's something cool about teams from one country making it. I think they have a chance if they get to play against Giants.

Seraph's bruiser Nid made me whoop with delight. My first main, almost never seen in competitive since the Armor/MR nerfs. What a game. I was about ready to go to sleep when TDK were 10k gold down and decided to watch for 2-3 minutes more when Fusion began stumbling... but I never believed anything like that could happen. Game 3!

Best of series LoL with stuff on the line is so different to one off games in a league format. Pick/ban phases often get weird and particular, players get in each other heads, teams out mindgame themselves, mental resilience is tested when games are thrown. Ironic that Seraph should be the one to show such mental toughness and carry his team when he struggled so much on CLG. I think Kez is a great tactical player though, and had Nintendude's number almost the entire series (even when counter ganks went wrong, it was usually Louis stepping too far, he actually read Nintendude's plans fine).

zkylon

zkylewd

Edwardo

PrimeTime League + 2015 URFitational Grand Finals

Ye OIde League Organization vs The Society of Worth Assessing Gentleman
t1427925600z1.png

Challenger Series Playoffs - Semifinals

EU: Origen vs Reason Gaming
On now

NA: Enemy Esports vs Final Five
t1427936400z1.png

Matches are best of three.

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Leezard

to me dropping hai wouldn't make much sense

he's the team's shotcaller and these days i feel balls is much worse than hai

clg is a good candidate but they seem to like link so i dunno

isn't incarnation an eu player? maybe sk?

Meteos has taken over part of the shotcalling, he's doing the shotcalling when the team/Hai is behind. C9 did put a bid on Dade before after all.

Incarnation is an eu player but I think it is more likely that he goes to an NA team. SK could be a good choice for him if he does go to eu, but Fox performs well.

zkylon

zkylewd
Meteos has taken over part of the shotcalling, he's doing the shotcalling when the team/Hai is behind. C9 did put a bid on Dade before after all.

Incarnation is an eu player but I think it is more likely that he goes to an NA team. SK could be a good choice for him if he does go to eu, but Fox performs well.
i also don't know how worth it would it be to switch hai because of how c9 is structured

meteos will camp balls or power farm while sneaky and lemon will take turrets fast and group

it's a style of play that needs hai to sacrifice farm to roam and help the other lanes get further ahead, and leaves hai in a difficult position compared to other mids

it's like saying dyrus needs to go cos santorin is always mid/bot

i think c9's problems have a lot to do with balls not adapting well to these weak-top laner metas and not allowing the team to play other strategies. not playing lulu or sion for instance and letting hai get first pick or counterpicks himself

Leezard

i also don't know how worth it would it be to switch hai because of how c9 is structured

meteos will camp balls or power farm while sneaky and lemon will take turrets fast and group

it's a style of play that needs hai to sacrifice farm to roam and help the other lanes get further ahead, and leaves hai in a difficult position compared to other mids

it's like saying dyrus needs to go cos santorin is always mid/bot

i think c9's problems have a lot to do with balls not adapting well to these weak-top laner metas and not allowing the team to play other strategies. not playing lulu or sion for instance and letting hai get first pick or counterpicks himself

Personally I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to swap Hai, but C9 did put a bid on Dade earlier this split so they have been thinking about it.

Hai has definitely been both an asset and a bottleneck for C9 since they might be forced to firstpick something for him due to his shallow champion pool.

Leezard

Oh, look at this!

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-jack-etienne-cloud9/

Nicolaj "Incarnati0n" Jensen has agreed a deal with North American organization Cloud9, according to sources close to the organization and the player. Jensen, who had been serving an indefinite ban from competitive play, had his suspension lifted on the last day of March and becomes eligible for competitive play on May 11, in time for the next LCS split. [...]

Richard Lewis is usually spot on for players joining new teams, even if it is not an official confirmation yet.

It's first of April I guess, but I dunno if they would make it up.

There have been previous articles about the relationship of C9 and Incarnation:
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-cloud9-jack-etienne/

TomShoe

Banned
EDIT: Dafuq? LLL just got rid of their entire team. Consider me lost. Does that mean Origen automatically qualifies for the CS? Do LLL keep their CS spot? Are they going to find a new team soon?

Oh, look at this!

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-jack-etienne-cloud9/

Richard Lewis is usually spot on for players joining new teams, even if it is not an official confirmation yet.

>Dropping Hai

C9 can't possibly be this stupid.

Leezard

Meteos is doing some trolling it seems.

eQxGDHi.png

EDIT: Dafuq? LLL just got rid of their entire team. Consider me lost. Does that mean Origen automatically qualifies for the CS? Do LLL keep their CS spot? Are they going to find a new team soon?

Wasn't there talks about CW picking up LLL? I have no idea how it's going to work though.

I find it ironic that Hai was the captain and leader mid laner who came along and showed Regi, once a dominant force in NA LoL, and undoubtedly the force of personality within TSM, how far behind he was, reducing him to desperate picks he couldn't play in the S3 Summer Split final, when one year previously he'd destroyed all his domestic opponents. Regi fell back from the first team and took on a full-time ownership/PR/management role within TSM. Now, 18 months later, Hai might be accepting his inadequacy as he once forced Regi too, and may make the same move to a backroom position (albeit that he doesn't own C9 like Regi does TSM, and the legal relationship between him and Jack isn't clear, I very much doubt if he doesn't have a secure future within the organisation he helped establish).

Elfstruck

NALCS as boring as ever:

• TIP will win against GV
  • TL will win against CLG
  • TSM will win against TIP
  • C9 will win against TL
  • TSM will win finals against C9
  • TIP will win third place over TL who ends split as no 4

TSM over C9. Let me think about that.....nope, not happening again.

Leezard

Returning to facts, Origen looked really shaky in their series. Unless they improve they might become a Roccat/Elements level disappointment.

They should be really worried. RG weren't even especially good, all of them losing lanes in every game and TakeFun getting caught repeatedly in the late game, Xayoo feeding first blood in game 1 for free and missing most of his Sej ults, questionable drafts in games 2 and 3 - Zed first pick before attempting to go full teamfight with Rumble/Sej/Kog/Nami, Irelia last pick (game 3) into an absolute ton of teamfight lockdown and AoE CC, albeit Kubon played it well enough (think if they picked a tank like Mundo, they probably win the series, since TakeFun wouldn't get himself blown up diving on his own in the ~50 min baron fight).

Top Bottom