• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Edwardo

LCS Spring 2015 Playoffs - Quarterfinals

Best of Five

EU: (3) H2K vs (6) Copenhagen Wolves
t1428159600z1.png

NA: (3) Counter Logic Gaming vs (6) Team Liquid
t1428174000z1.png

Full Playoff Brackets:

clemenx

Banned
Yawn, when is Maokai getting nerfed? He's been the most boring champ for me to see ever since he was buffed into toplane. He he's almost 100% pb again.

Going to break down each playoff game into which of 6 reasons why, in my opinion, it was won. Reasons being "individual play", "team composition", "objective calls/vision/preparation", "laning phase", "teamfighting", "rotational play (includes splitpushing and poking/sieging)". Individual play includes games won due to mistakes (e.g. Woolite getting caught recalling in Roccat/CW at ~42mins) and due to item build errors.

Game 1: H2K v CW
Won because H2K controlled objectives extremely well (4 dragons at 26 mins, all outer towers early, rushed baron) and Ryu played very well on Ahri, especially when Hjarnan got caught out.

0.5 to "individual play"
0.5 to "objective calls/preparation/vision"

Game 2: CW v H2K

CW won the laning phase hard, with a big edge in bot lane, peaking near 100cs, a solo kill in top lane and a kill on H2K's jungler. Kalista/Annie soon began jumping on to Kog'Maw whenever he came to lane and CW got multiple turrets and dragons with their advantage, leading to a 7k gold lead at 25 minutes. forcing desperate engages from H2K, who teamfought well and hung in. I think there may have been a compositional edge for CW in this game, since their comp had a ton of dive potential against a fairly unprotected Kog'Maw (give or take Lulu support), but they never took advantage of it since they teamfought poorly, not pressuring Kog'Maw. CW's vision control and an aggressive baron call got them ahead again, but the game was won by H2K's superior teamfighting, twice engaging on CW while they were grouped at dragon and getting to Freeze quickly and decisively.

1.0 to "teamfighting"

Game 3: H2K v CW

H2K's bot lane falls behind again, but Loulex sneaks a dragon, taking advantage of poor vision control from CW. CW pull further ahead with continued good laning and get first blood on Maokai. Unfortunately, Soren gets solo killed by Ryu and H2K quickly turn that into mid outer and second dragon, pulling them significantly ahead in objectives. H2K dominate the game from then on, reading Airwaks' gank on top lane and turning it 2-0 by having Sejuani and Zed collapse on it. Maokai TPs bottom and double kills the bot lane, before Airwaks walks in blind to his jungle and dies again. Putting this down as objective control/vision/preparation and not rotations as I think it happened more due to reading CW's plays and blind spots, made possible by Ryu's huge advantage, than a conscious plan from H2K. Airwaks later ults Sejuani to start a stupid teamfight which ends the game as a contest.

0.5 for "individual play" (partly Ryu, partly Airwaks' tilting)
0.5 for "objective calls/preparation/vision"

Totals:

1 - Teamfighting
1 - Objective calls/preparation/vision
1 - Individual play

One-sided victory by H2K, though it could've been very different if CW didn't throw away their lead in game 2 with sloppy teamfights.

Glad Jatt and Rivington are casting instead of Phreak + whoever. I used to dislike Rivington but he's really improved. Very little nonsensical casting like he used to.

And Jatt, my man.

clemenx

Banned
I feel TL has too little waveclear.

They actually have none. They can easily lose this without even fighting.

They are soooo pushed. This is painful to see. They need to force some fights.

The CLG choke is real.

I think it's more of Link. Zion had a huge advantage top, and piglet had a advantage bot, but Double lift went with the greedy early avarice blade. During that mid game even though Piglet had higher kill over double lift they had the same items because of the early avarice blade.

When I was watching I notice doublelift and piglet had same items. And Zion had advantage top and CLG only needed mid to go even but Link dropped the ball.

And Jatt pointed out by CLG running 1-3-1 it starved Doublelift level being 14 to Piglet 17 so that mean Link got the solo lane free farm/exp. However even with that he still at best of equal strength to Fenix's Urgot.

TL:DR Link negated Zion's advantage and CLG sacrifice Doublelift exp/gold for Link who still somehow behind Urgot despite getting solo lane exp/gold. CLG funnel their solo lane exp/gold to Vlad/TF while Liquid to Graves/Rumble. And TF really dropped the ball.

This game is playing out pretty similar to game one. Zion winning the lane swap once again with big advantage, Double out farming Piglet. It just can Link not drop the ball he's losing by like 10 - 20 CS, but that's better than last game.

This game is more of Xmithe missing ults. Miss his last two Sej ult hitting a grand total of 0 people. Link actually has had decent Karthus position in team fights despite losing in CS.

zkylon

zkylewd
also liquid having two great pick and ban phases in a row whic hthey had trouble with for most of the split

really nice seeing piglet finally vindicated

also liquid having two great pick and ban phases in a row whic hthey had trouble with for most of the split

Yea very transparent picks. Like this pick is obviously protect Kog. There's no and but or ifs about it. Everyone knows their roles and job.

Zion Spartan is probably the saddest person in the world right now. I don't know what else he can do, CLG is falling apart while he's not only winning but smashing in the top lane.

Analyst saying pretty much everything I've been saying.... Link choke game #1, Xmithe chokes game #2.

Holy shit I hadn't noticed how those Sej ults were bad

Jesus Xmithie after the second one I'd just flash point blank ult or something

That too, Liquid's comp in this game was absolutely disgusting

janoDX

Zion Spartan is probably the saddest person in the world right now. I don't know what else he can do, CLG is falling apart while he's not only winning but smashing in the top lane.

He's bad luck Darshan, always playing good in any team, the rest of the team however...

Holy shit I hadn't noticed how those Sej ults were bad

Jesus Xmithie after the second one I'd just flash point blank ult or something

That too, Liquid's comp in this game was absolutely disgusting

Yea I don't think he got a single good ult all game... out of like what 10 tries? And about 4 of them were very crucial team fights.

Top Bottom