• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Will be very interesting to see who C9 pick to replace Hai and how they do in the summer. They weren't far ahead of Team Liquid and Team Impulse as it was, so the fight for Worlds may prove extremely tough for them.

Hai Steps down 5 months too late and they have to panic to get top 3 (assuming TL and/or doesn't get top 2) if whoever they get to replace him doesn't work quick enough

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/hai-the-retirement-interview/2300-6424574/

Hai gave an in depth interview with Travis about his retirement and his time at C9. He states that he didn't step down because he was bad or mechanically weak, but because the team environment was bad, there was disagreement over how to play the game (he explicitly mentions that he thought the meta required more focus on the mid lane) and his wrists were limiting his solo queue time.

Edwardo

EU LCS Summer Promotion

Best of Five

Giants Gaming vs Reason Gaming
t1429963200z1.png

Roccat vs Copenhagen Wolves Academy
t1429974000z1.png

Edwardo

I hadn't seen Elise in so long, but had one on my team last night and now CWA is using her. The spider lives.

Doesn't look like there are going to be any new teams coming to the EULCS except for Origen.

Ya looks like it.

Hopefully peke will save us all.

CRS

I will shed a tear if Dignitas loses today.

#DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN #DIGWIN

I have always been a big fan of Nien, hoping Fusion can pull it out over Dignitas. Dig has become one of the most stagnant and boring teams to watch, and they just have never risen above mediocre status. It is time that they are kicked out and allow new blood into the LCS.

Leezard

This series showcases the difference between amateur teams and pro teams, even though Dig has appeared to be consistently bad in the LCS the resources they can use to practice is that much more than any challenger series team. I think it was probably a good decision to allow the first place challenger team to get auto-included.

edit: Not like FSN necessarily deserves to get into the LCS, their last baron play out-dignitossed dig.

I'm so glad I got my free 500+ LP from Hecarim before the nerfs are going to destroy the pony.

#ThankYouPony
#RIP-Pony

There's no way Hec is going to survive the next patch.

Bad plays on both side. Really bad plays.....

Shipter on that 3v1 dive...
ChunkyFresh on all those caught out...
Huhi on those bad split pushes....
Dig on not sweeping Baron.....
Dig on that bot lane inhib....
Azingy botch E's (yes multiple) on Zac....
Nitentdude whiff Sej Ults.....

Leezard

Dig gives Hecarim to FSN?

Dig is playing with their relegation here. Considering the quality of the last game I can't believe they let Heca go.

Leezard

Well J4 is a snowbally laner so maybe they just have that much confidence in Gamsu.

Fair enough I guess, but I think J4 will have a difficult time against Heca unless he snowballs really hard. Once Heca gets his Frozen Heart J4 should not be able to touch him, even if J4 is a kill or two ahead.

Fair enough I guess, but I think J4 will have a difficult time against Heca unless he snowballs really hard. Once Heca gets his Frozen Heart J4 should not be able to touch him, even if J4 is a kill or two ahead.

I believe the thinking is that Hec is going trinity force into FH. That's about 6.9K in gold. Then you have to home boots + homeguard in there so you have about an 8.5K window to kill him before J4 becomes useless. That's a good window... but it's a moot point because they 1v2 lane swap LOL.

Leezard

I believe the thinking is that Hec is going trinity force into FH. That's about 6.9K in gold. Then you have to home boots + homeguard in there so you have about an 8.5K window to kill him before J4 becomes useless. That's a good window... but it's a moot point because they 1v2 lane swap LOL.

The problem is that it's viable for Heca to get FH as his first item, or at least get some armor before he gets Trinity. Then again, this Heca used Smite and buys FH after Cinderhulk..

But yeah, the lane swap pretty much rendered J4 useless.

The problem is that it's viable for Heca to get FH as his first item, or at least get some armor before he gets Trinity. Then again, this Heca used Smite and buys FH after Cinderhulk..

But yeah, the lane swap pretty much rendered J4 useless.

Yea I totally forgot he went smite/tp I personally go ignite/tp just because I like to carry ^_^. (I found it better for that first TP fight to secure kills around level 6-9). Smite might be better once you hit like level 16+ but whatever I hope the game is pretty much decided by then.

But yea this is a huge problem for dig because 100% of the kills on Fusion is on Jinx/Heca. The damage and the tank... good luck Dig.

Edit: And as I type that Hec chase a Kass who lived on blinking red..... see ignite would of finished him off!

Game 5 B O Y S

Edit: They can't throw this can they?

Of course this is... it's NA.

J4 probably my favorite champion in League, but holy crap he's so useless right now.

This series really should have been Dig winning 3-0. I mean they had a 9-1 Hecarim on 6 items versus Rumble with 3.5 items in game #3. Somehow threw that game to bad warding and decision and now they are going to a game #5 where they might get relegated.

Holy crap that one single ward in Baron could be the deciding factor of having a job or not.

It's not. Nien is too far behind to get resets and now with LB, Hec, and Alistar no way he survives team fights as Jinx. They are going to dive him so hard.

This game is over unless Dig throws at Baron.

And one thing I've always said about beating Hec is an AP Top force him to delay his FH, but with Sion... HEC went Ninjas and now FH is coming... there's just 0 way Nien's Jinx is going to get the pony off him in team fights. It's over.....

Oh man Janna just save the game for Fusion. Really disagree with Gamsu going Spectral Cow before finishing the FH.

Top Bottom