• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Nekofrog

Banned
tbh tsm really needs to address its top lane issue

i'm not talking about the player (though dyrus' champ pool needs to be more diverse), i'm talking about how they see and treat it in game.

literally every game you know how it's going to start when there's no lane swap, dyrus dying to a gank.

hey tsm guess what other team did that? they were called clg and they said "fuck top lane". guess where they are

if tsm would allocate the jungler for a pre-5 counter gank toplane that they know is coming, there would certainly be situations where they get something from it because right now all they do is let dyrus die and then not get anything in exchange for it.

TomShoe

Banned
This sucks for Gnar mains like me tho:

1. People see Koreans play Gnar

2. Everyone and their mother jumps on to him and pretend that their good

3. A few people eventually get good with him

4. Reddit & the boards complain

5. Rito nerfs Gnar to oblivions

6. Everyone gets their pound of flesh and leaves

7. I'm just sitting here with the broken remains of my champ

Blizzard

Banned
The fact TSM lost to Fnatic might keep em out of the Semi finals ..... unfortunate.

I do believe TSM could play better than they are showing against this SKT game .... this has been a complete mess and they are doing nothing they did all season long.

Dyrus is shit. And he needs to retire after this year.
Dyrus actually did pretty well in the normal season (whatever corresponded to the fantasy league). He would be camped, would typically die several times early, yet would virtually never tilt so he caught back up later in the game due to the rest of the team not being camped.

I don't know if something changed for the worse, but his not-tilting was pretty noticeable in the LCS games I watched.

Macattk15

Dyrus actually did pretty well in the normal season (whatever corresponded to the fantasy league). He would be camped, would typically die several times early, yet would virtually never tilt so he caught back up later in the game due to the rest of the team not being camped.

I don't know if something changed for the worse, but his not-tilting was pretty noticeable in the LCS games I watched.

But he was just playing so fucking far up in lane for absolutely no damn reason. Just stupid stupid play.

Dyrus is the Yamcha of League of Legends.
cell-jr-kick-yamcha-oreua7.gif

TSM Dyrus requests assistance

Omnicent

cell-jr-kick-yamcha-oreua7.gif

*Warning, Contents of the linked post contains large amounts of Ether. Reader discretion is advised*
EmCeeGramr post in the Yamcha thread in OT right now kind of fits..... not completely, but well enough. Also Dyrus is not quite Yamcha/Sakura tier (Kishimooto must hate the poor girl. She has just about surpassed Yamcha tier.... I thought I would never see that happen in my lifetime). The team just never allocates resources to him, which I guess is what Stone means (its early and I'm not thinking straight)

Omnicent

Incarnati0n to C9 is just
C9 = Bulma, Incarnati0n = Vegeta, etc, so Yamcha Tier.

No one is Sakura Tier worthy (unless you have not read the new series that is going on after Part 2 has ended).

Sakura is raising someone else's kid/Orochimaru experiment (the latter is likely at this point, but the first point is still possible. Heck it could be both lol).
put it in spoiler tags because I don't want to get bodied. Not much of a spoiler if you the OT threads though.

Anywyas, once the synergy of the new roster comes together, it should be scary (I hope). C9 may even take the summer split.

Pobelter is the relegation king. Has any other mid laner been relegated as many times as he had?
Only one I can think of is Alex Ich and he doesn't even come close lol

Incarnati0n to C9 is just
C9 = Bulma, Incarnati0n = Vegeta, etc, so Yamcha Tier.

No one is Sakura Tier worthy (unless you have not read the new series that is going on after Part 2 has ended).

Sakura is raising someone else's kid/Orochimaru experiment (the latter is likely at this point, but the first point is still possible. Heck it could be both lol).
put it in spoiler tags because I don't want to get bodied. Not much of a spoiler if you the OT threads though.

Anywyas, once the synergy of the new roster comes together, it should be scary (I hope). C9 may even take the summer split.
Sakura is just... lol

Also NA mid lane next split should be pretty damn hype
as long as Bjerg doesn't choke and Link fucks off and Pobelter gets a new team

Pobelter is the relegation king. Has any other mid laner been relegated as many times as he had?

He's been in relegations a lot but hasn't he only been relagated once? IIRC this is the first relegation match they've lost. I think Cris has been relegated the most, he's dropped from the LCS twice.

Leezard

He's been in relegations a lot but hasn't he only been relagated once? IIRC this is the first relegation match they've lost. I think Cris has been relegated the most, he's dropped from the LCS twice.

Ah, that's true. I was thinking of relegation matches.

"Us here at TSM are moving away from our Mid Carry strat b/c it works too much and we need more stuff in International play. So that's why we didn't give Bjerg any carries and lost 2 important games. Smart right?!" - fictional interview

why don't teams ban kalista lol

it's been shown over and over again that kalista bullies out almost every other adc in the game during laning phase. we saw it again when deft just took a massive shit on steeelback and we saw it yesterday when bang took a giant shit on deft.

cHinzo

Steeelback got dumpstered by Deft (no surprise) that game. I guess there won't be a shitstorm when he gets replaced by Rekkles. :d
Reignover always plays well though, great jungler.

Leezard

I like TSM's comp, except for the Chogath pick. If only Dyrus won't get completely wrecked again they might win.

edit: then again AHQ's comp is not bad either.

TSM choked hard during this event. Don't really see them beating AHQ, who looked way better yesterday. The draft for AHQ is also waaaaaaay better since the TSM team just lacks the sustained damage necessary to deal with the Urgot/Maokai/Rek'Sai/Nautilus tank squad unless they get a good pick.

They have an opportunity to run over the AHQ team before they get too tanky when Kalista and Hecarim get their item spikes but they have to snowball hard off of tower takes and get all of the dragons if the game extends, which means that they absolutely cannot lane swap. There's also the same problem that TSM had vs SKT with the Urgot in that Hecarim cannot flank.

and of course they send Dyrus bot.

what the fuck

Top Bottom