• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Moments hunter

Neo Member
Please keep in mind that Riot asks players to trash talk for those mini-videos. You can never be sure whether it is a legit trash talk and player's behavior, or some PR bullshit that Riot encourages for "storylines".

This seems to me like TSM own video. Not Riot's one.

Leezard

Please keep in mind that Riot asks players to trash talk for those mini-videos. You can never be sure whether it is a legit trash talk and player's behavior, or some PR bullshit that Riot encourages for "storylines".

It's a TSM-made and published video though, not Riot made. Nobody else did the whole crash and burn talk, either.

AffectionateNeedyDrever.gif

CGwizz

NA and EU trash talk , " who is best region ? " and fans trash talk is so stupid, guys NA and EU are both mediocre compared to china and korea.
And that quote from Darrius? He just told what EVERYONE was saying. The 2 teams i always liked are TSM and Fnatic.

TSM need some serious roster changes AND more important mentality changes, that shit of leaving top alone is stupid, and Santorin barely showed up in this tournment and those picks and bans? holy shit those picks and bans... Lustboy and bjegsen cant carry games all the time.
Fnatic needs more time together , young roster, they will have Rekkles again right?

I hope at worlds they both performe better.

Really the big story of this tournament so far, IMO, has been AHQ. Taiwan fell off dramatically after Season 2 Worlds once TPA fell apart following internal disputes, but in Season 4 Worlds they showed a marked improvement, with AHQ taking a game off EDG to force a tie-breaker and TPA taking a game off SK (with Gilius). At this year's IEM Worlds yoE Flash Wolves knocked C9 and SK out before losing 1-2 to TSM in a close series, and now AHQ have qualified to the bracket stage of MSI in third place, beating both EU and NA champions and giving SKT a real fight.

Looks like splitting off Taiwan from the rest of South East Asia has helped them advance and they might remain serious contenders from here on.

Early red pot for Huni. He wants faker this time lol.

This game is going to turn on either Huni or Faker. Both are going towards the Trinity Force and whoever can make better plays in that window right when they get it is going to turn this game for their team.

cHinzo

Damn this game is great. Lots of players trying to outplay each other with 1 vs 1s and map plays.
Edit: damn the ability to react to those skillshots and situations is fcking impressive.
Edit2: sadly SKT is winning every fight. :d Febiven really need some damage so he can blow those carries up before they can dish out too much damage. I blame this loss on Febiven's lack of damage!

Wow, hopefully the rest of the series is like this. This is much closer then I was expecting.

You can do it Fnatic, put up a fight!

Being an ADC for SKT must be so fun. Literally no one focus you at all cause everyone going balls to the wall for Faker. Corki was like I'm just sit back and take all the kills.

brian!

does korea not play annie
skt keep serving up these annie plays on a platter
yellowstar is like, im on a diet but i can eat right now tho

Nekofrog

Banned
yellowstar was the real hard carry of that game

huni was good, but it was mostly off the back of the support

this is how a support carries

I guess SKT forgot how to play against Rumble. They try to dive him at level 6, feed two kills, and he grabs a Needlessly Large Rod first item. Then they try to teamfight Fnatic at 20 minutes and group up to get Equalized. Then they get Equalized again under their tower. Then they charge on top of Huni when he doesn't have TP, he pops ult and Zhonya's, and Fnatic collapses. Great stuff.

Leezard

Is this a BO5 or BO3? edit: BO5.

After a loss? Doubt it, because that would tell us Faker is only human.

They kept it just as you expected. Faker was not really a factor they lost except for that terrible top lane dive.

Bang's avarice blade was a terrible buy.

cHinzo

I'm guessing this game was a fluke but oh man that was awesome

Wut? All the games from Fnatic vs SKT were close. They had a 6k lead during the round robin game, before they lost the game. They were close, but slowly losing the second game (Faker on Ezreal just didn't get hit by any skillshot) and they took a small lead and snowballed it into a big one with those teamfights, winning the third game.

Top Bottom