• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Leezard

Yellowstar played an insane Annie this game.

SmRWRzx.png

brian!

dam that leona anticipation by wolf
yellowstar looks scared as hell
lmao picked it anyway, they went too all in on those picks

brian!

it was like an insider trading draft, skt blew them out of the water with it

i believe tho...
potential play of the year with gragas knocking them into huni's clint eastwood squint

brian!

they'll probably be even more fun to watch next season with rekkles, i dunno how rekless plays, steelback being behind maokai on cs was pretty wack tho

brian!

I can still remember all those comments about Fnatic not having any tactics, only messy skirmishes and fights. :d

probably a dbz style situation where krillin and piccolo are like, yo gohan jus focus a bit man..

bang using the pause to get unlimited stacks on muramana...someone stop him...

brian!

i didnt watch a lot of lcs this split, but the fnatic games i saw always seemed like they had a particular idea and were trying to carry it out
i thought they were great in the playoffs

I can only imagine the salt if this game is remade, SKT ban Zed, and then roll over FNC 3-1.

im cool w/ this happening just for the worlds payoff
and then tsm beat fnatic in the finals
and then faker buys out tsm...

cHinzo

tbh their play was messy during the LCS. This is a whole new Fnatic!

I would say UOL were matching Fnatic's agression with their playstyle, so they end up in lots of fights trying to fight each other to take objectives and map control during the EU LCS Finals. I don't think Fnatic has changed their style much this tournament. They still go for early pressure for Huni. Then try to pick-off people in the jungle and win teamfights to secure objectives. When u look at Fnatic vs EDG, that game was also messy from Fnatic's part. Lots of action and teamfights, but also lots of deaths, because EDG is used to the agressive style of the LPL teams and can match it against Fnatic. With their superior teamfighting and laning (also getting an early fb helped) EDG came ahead quickly and the game ended in a stomp.

Fnatic is still playing agressive against SKT in these games, but the difference is that SKT is still playing their own style and following their gameplan.

Edit: damn the SKT defense is stronk with this comp. Looks like the Cassio pick isn't working right here.

Watching this is reminding me of my solo-q Zed games (with a lot more CS and mechanical skills), but in general get a lead in lane, and then become useless in team fights.

In season 3 you would just split push, death mark the other guy under tower and have your team play the 4v4. If they win you get drag/baron + tower, if they lose at least you still get tower and create pressure.

However in this meta you're force to back off the split group as 5 and then become useless in team fights unless you're super far ahead.

cHinzo

Fnatic cracked in game 3. Bang's Ezreal was untouchable in this team. Huni's positioning was really awful this game against the easy point and click lockdown from Maokai.

Bang is so good. It's easy to play the Ezreal with so much peel, but even when he wasn't backed up and needed to fend for himself he played flawlessly. Really good mechanics.

Febviven still doing what Bjerg should have done, play someone that can kill and just ignore the tanks who don't do damage til later

just too bad that Zed falls off a cliff without help

I did not believe this was possible. Fnatic have been rattling SKT in every game with their early aggression and pressure on Marin. If they win, it'll be only the second time in LoL history that a western team has beaten a Korean team in a best of 5 (Gambit's win at IEM was all Bo3s, but CLG.eu did beat Najin Sword in OGN Summer 2012 3-1).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Despite the first game, I've been super impressed with Febiven for a long time now.

Dude's got a career ahead of him.

Top Bottom