• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Looking at this Nunu with Azir-Jinx comp. Why have the Kogmaw comps disappeared with the tank meta? Wouldn't stuff like juggermaw be pretty good against tanks too with his W plus bork?
Because it's really easy to ban out / outpick Juggermaw

It's strong but it's risky. You can ruin your entire draft trying to get Lulu

clemenx

Banned
Well, yeah but that has always been the case. It has gone from a hard to pull but usable strategy to never being seen again.

Daamn. EDG going off on this game. MIght as well go ap Nunu at this point.

SKT should surrender this one tbh. Just pick yourselves up for the next games.

Well, yeah but that has always been the case. It has gone from a hard to pull but usable strategy to never being seen again.

Daamn. EDG going off on this game. MIght as well go ap Nunu at this point.
It's just that people got used to it and with Kog mid being a thing it has never been so easy to cut off Juggermaw since it's basically the only reason Lulu would be picked nowadays.

And no team wants to get stuck with a Lulu pick they didn't plan for lol

I think teams have basically set on Jinx as a better Kog'Maw. Less pure dps, sure, but the snowball potential, easy waveclear, much better kill pressure thanks to Chompers, and teamfight destruction makes up for it. Also the Juggermaw approach is better vs. squishies that have to run away from the T-Force empowered auto-attack - the likes of Maokai and Nunu will just walk forward into it.

CDiggity

This analogy has already been made, but I really think that Faker losing on LeBlanc is like the Undertaker getting his streak beat.

That said, LeBlanc was a totally horrible choice for that comp when you already see the cow and the tree.

janoDX

This analogy has already been made, but I really think that Faker losing on LeBlanc is like the Undertaker getting his streak beat.

That said, LeBlanc was a totally horrible choice for that comp when you already see the cow and the tree.

Faker believed on his own hype on LeBlanc and choked on it.

That's my boy PawN. Lets Faker take Leblanc in game 5, counterpicks him, and controls him. Clearlove goes for Eve when no one is playing her and pulls off flank after flank. Get in.

The first international title won by a Chinese team since WE at IPL5; the first time SKT T1's ever competed in an international event and lost; Faker's first ever defeat on Leblanc. The second international event in a row not won by a Korean team.

Kunan

Holy shit what an amazing tournament. Tons of upsets and some real swings. Loving it's introduction and can't wait for the summer split to start!

janoDX

It's funny how the two regions that never won anything in a long time against Koreans are now winning. NA and CN. EU's next?

Also, from reddit!
GMIcFyY.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If you guys haven't already I would highly recommend going to a live league event. The environment is so friendly and you can literally start a conversation with anybody. On, top of that you get to meet your favorite personalities and player and they're also super cool to meet. Being in the middle of loud ass crowd cheers and team chants is just something that can't be replaced by twitch chat and watching streams.

I'm highly considering going to worlds this year because of my experience at MSI. More cute cosplay and travel pics incoming soon.

If you guys haven't already I would highly recommend going to a live league event. The environment is so friendly and you can literally start a conversation with anybody. On, top of that you get to meet your favorite personalities and player and they're also super cool to meet. Being in the middle of loud ass crowd cheers and team chants is just something that can't be replaced by twitch chat and watching streams.

I'm highly considering going to worlds this year because of my experience at MSI. More cute cosplay and travel pics incoming soon.

Meet up with me and Lonzz again. We both had great times in LA and South Korea. We even had a university reporter (shout out to Chong Un) show us around for the entire time we were there.

Top Bottom