• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

brian!

tsm played super scared all game
maybe the oddone is sick and they couldnt concentrate..too worried about their homie...

If Bjergsen was on C9 NA would actually send a competent team to Worlds. No seriously how do you dominate mid that hard and get 5 drags and still can't win?

Oh and Balls is now 17-0 on Rumble in the NA LCS.

17 AND FUCKING 0!

HELLO!!!!

Edwardo

Great job Cloud 9. The gold difference between the teams was only really between the mid laners, so C9 was able to be C9 and just hold on til things got better ;)

Could this be the end for TSM, losing a dramatic game against C9. Can they recover mentally?

Yes, TSM losing to C9 in a relatively close game is so completely unprecedented that this will surely be a monumental event. They simply have no context for how to handle this situation; sure it happens literally every season, but this time is different because it's coming after TSM under-performed at an international event.

Oh wait.

brian!

Hey closer, it's good to see you again.

NA LCS is a great way to bring ppl together

hey mang
dam...what about eu lcs...

i dont think they were inordinately focusing mid, and he had jitters for sure, but I feel like he did what he was supposed to do and played correctly

im really surprised at how booty tsm played, like I dunno about bjerg's shotcalling even tho they were doing really well w/ basic things. their early top game seems really good now, they timed all their shit well w/ wards, santorin being in the area, etc.
they seem kind of passive/restless too, it's weird

their draft was similar, like i dont really follow league but it kind of seems that they just picked heroes that are strong in general while c9 went in w/ an idea that complemented their newness as a team and had really good synergy and options

also it kind of seems that c9 has internalized the whole scrape shit out of bad situations things that was attributed to hai's shotcalling, they dont seem to be suffering too much in macro shit w/ him gone, tho their comp wasnt that complicated either

hey mang

i dont think they were inordinately focusing mid, and he had jitters for sure, but I feel like he did what he was supposed to do and played correctly

Yeah, it's one of those interesting windows into how players think. He probably believed they were focusing mid, thinking there was a Rek'Sai and Thresh waiting in every bush, which explains why he fell behind so bad on CS. He was assuming he was constantly getting camped.

That's something his team probably needs to help him with. Meteos at least should have a pretty firm idea where everyone is across the map, he probably just needs to tell his mid to calm down and stop jumping at shadows.

Ambition

im really surprised at how booty tsm played, like I dunno about bjerg's shotcalling even tho they were doing really well w/ basic things. their early top game seems really good now, they timed all their shit well w/ wards, santorin being in the area, etc.

MSI traumatized them

Edwardo

hey mang

EU LCS is great too, but it doesn't get as much of a showing in here. Probably because it's during the workweek.

Ya, Incarnation did what he needed to do and that absolutely helped them stay in the game.

Edwardo

r3eRFGw.png

Yeah, it's one of those interesting windows into how players think. He probably believed they were focusing mid, thinking there was a Rek'Sai and Thresh waiting in every bush, which explains why he fell behind so bad on CS. He was assuming he was constantly getting camped.

That's something his team probably needs to help him with. Meteos at least should have a pretty firm idea where everyone is across the map, he probably just needs to tell his mid to calm down and stop jumping at shadows.

Reksai had an early gank that forced a flash mid. It made him noticeably more conservative after and TSM was keeping ward control on any wards he dropped after too. They also took control of C9s blue. So overall that is a lot of pressure on mid without even heavily diving him.

Reksai had an early gank that forced a flash mid. It made him noticeably more conservative after and TSM was keeping ward control on any wards he dropped after too. They also took control of C9s blue. So overall that is a lot of pressure on mid without even heavily diving him.

It's pretty mild pressure on a Kog'Maw considering how tempting of a gank target he is, especially for a team like TSM that tends to gank mid early and often. I mean, a Kog mid is grounds for a legit camp, not a drive-by gank or two.

I get why he was scared, but there is a point where you're giving up so much CS that you would have been better off giving up a kill if it meant keeping a lane presence. The entire reason he was losing his blue so much was because he had no lane presence to protect wards and prevent invades. That's what happens when you get scurred.

At some point you've just got to pat the Kog on the butt(?) and tell him to waddle back into his lane. Incarnation played pretty poorly, I'd say, he was just lucky Balls had a freakishly huge backpack prepared for that game. The Equalizers were carrying those teamfights, not the Kog.

TomShoe

Banned
TL is underestimating TDK mightily. Treating this like a SoloQ matchup against Diamond players.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand it's Quas time

brian!

Rumble ults were the hot, but i think kog did well outside of laning. He probably could have been more consistent w/ cs and bjergsen was getting kills worth of money but feeding kills to tsm makes them like nba jam on fire so it's good to prevent that. Additionally the rest of the map was doing fine, he just needed to get stacks and ride it out to his item spike

As far as i can tell it's really hard to cs against a viktor who doesnt have to be afraid of ganks w/ kog but i dont really play anymore

I think everyone was surprised how much they left kog alone, thibk tsm psyched themself out w/ how good of a target it was -> c9 probably has a plan for this, but tsm had good wards and a lot of info; theres also the temptation to extend a favorable laning situation at mid but thats dum if you consider the comps

Also it seemed like tsm freaked out everytime they got poked i dunno if they are used to playing against kog

I guess it's to be expected when you don't get any bans, but god what a catastrophic draft for TDK. Gragas, Cass, Kalista, and Gnar. If they gave up an Alistar too it would have been the LCK fantasy come true.

Edit: "Let's do an open-ground dragon fight against a team where every single member has AoE CC," said no one ever. Not that TDK really has any options outside of trying to kite back with Azir across the entire map.

I haven't watched LCS in a while, but is it normal for both junglers to get Sightstone and Locket of the Iron Solari?

It's pretty normal for Cinderhulk junglers, yeah. Rek'Sai might go Warrior's Enchant instead, in which case she generally needs more tank stats sooner than Sightstone provides and would need to go Randuin's or something, but Gragas is pretty much a pure tank jungler these days.

To some extent it depends on what your top lane and support want to build (you might want a Righteous Glory if neither will build one, and you might be able to wait on the Locket if your support isn't building Mikhael's early), but Sightstone into Locket is super common.

Blizzard

Banned
I think there was a slight miscalculation on that tower-killing attempt. The Dark Knights will live on for another minute or two.

I think there was a slight miscalculation on that tower-killing attempt. The Dark Knights will live on for another minute or two.

TDK had a legitimate shot to win this game, until that dive. Let Quas get huge and carry hard the mid game. Piglet probably had the easiest job in the world just right clicking when Quas is literally 1v5ing.

Really like pick and ban for Dig. As long as they don't feed early game I think they gonna all over CLG in the mid game.

Problem is CLG has a good early game or had last split anyways. The Annie just makes Sej job so much easier to lock someone down and Hec will just run wild in the back line while Azir dps.

brian!

Both comps r prtty good, dig has the ability to muscle in on clg and wombo advantage so theyll be able to win fights even when behind which they probably will be.

Is ashe's ult still that arrow

Yeah, she still does the Arrow to the Face. Probably expect to see it mostly as a counter-engage to buy Alistar enough to time to get in and disrupt the Dig wombo-combo.

Then again, it's Doublelift, He'll probably waste it constantly trying to snipe kills cross-map like it's a Jinx ult.

TomShoe

Banned
Yeah, she still does the Arrow to the Face. Probably expect to see it mostly as a counter-engage to buy Alistar enough to time to get in and disrupt the Dig wombo-combo.

Then again, it's Doublelift, He'll probably waste it constantly trying to snipe kills cross-map like it's a Jinx ult.

You say that like it's a bad thing :^)

brian!

what is the cd on it, he smacked azingy with it and it's almost halfway off cd
o prtty normal cd

ashe + ali seems like such a great combo

what is the cd on it, he smacked azingy with it and it's almost halfway off cd
o prtty normal cd

Like a minute and a half or so, I think? I don't think they changed her ultimate at all, just her passive and Frost Shot really.

Love playing Alistar into Annie so much now that her AA range is trash. She's just toothless against the cow now.

Yea CLG early game is just too strong lol. 6 Turrets to 0.

Both comps r prtty good, dig has the ability to muscle in on clg and wombo advantage so theyll be able to win fights even when behind which they probably will be.

Pretty much. I mean it just survive the early game for Dig but they couldn't even do that. Zion bullied out Gamsu so Zion had TP advantage the whole time. Azingy went bot to gank and they decided to chain CC Aphromoo on Alistar.... so it doesn't do anything. Just absolutely abysmal early game and rotations play by Dig. Pobleter out csing Azir with Kog, I don't know this match up well but they mention that Azir should of been up by at least 10 but instead Kog was up.

I worry for CLG when they play C9, TSM and even Liquid/TIP at this point. And I worry Dig might get relegated lol.

Top Bottom