• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

brian!

Thoughts on Incarnation in his first game? He was dominated early, buy played really well late.

feel like he did his job and had a good idea of what his job was, i dunno how good he actually is but he should start showing more once he gets used to playing in the studio

i forgot pobelter was in the game, he did prtty good in lane i guess

Leezard

Thoughts on Incarnation in his first game? He was dominated early, buy played really well late.

Kog is a very weak laner early, and Incarnation got his flash burnt early. Viktor on the other hand is a strong laner, and Bjergsen plays him well.

It's hard to judge his abilities off of that. The matchup pretty much went as expected.

Pretty sure they were saying "Moooo" as in Aphromoo. Nice game by CLG. I hope they look that good against other teams. They had great map movements, but Dig had awful map so it was hard to tell how good they were.

Hoping he had first-match jitters, but some of his statements in the post-game make me worry. If he's planning to be a passive laner that might be okay for localized NA play, but even a cursory glance will tell you that teams with passive mid-laners don't win in other regions, especially Korea.

brian!

i remember watching tsm's reality show and they would talk about how if they wanted to win in lcs they would just default to scaling comps and win late, and how this kind of style wouldn't really fly against better teams, so maybe they were trying sum shit out against c9?

Edwardo

Ya we'll have to wait and see how the split goes for Incarnation. He even said himself that it's always been for him the he has to carry in order to win. Playing on a team will prob take a lil time to get used to. He did a good enough job today though. A win is a win.

Isn't that like 99% of league

You'd have to ask Aphromoo for clarification. I'm guessing he meant their composition itself was pretty good and their laning/CSing was okay, though I don't know how much I'd agree with the latter given the way they were shedding turrets. Maybe he was complimenting them on their ability to load in the game promptly and not keep everyone waiting?

Did XWX trim down? For some reason I remember him being more Scarra-size, but he's looking like he's at a healthy weight now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Today's games have been so sloppy, lol.

Not sure if it's just early split jitters or something else, but every team has some pretty big holes in their game so far.

that was a pretty sad comp by gravity

i still don't understand why mids keep playing fizz

Two huge blunders from GV on the last 2 fights.

In the 3rd to last fight (Where GV Won and got top inhib) Hec and Fizz double team Vayne. Killed Vayne... Sivir kills everything else they get top inhib.

2nd to last fight Fizz whiff his ult and then goes on Sej I think. Hec goes on Vayne (right call... but no Fizz to back him up in the 3rd to last fight), Vayne lives = NME wins.

Last fight Fizz goes on Vayne (Correct call again, but this time NO HEC) Hec decides to 1 man ult Rumble = Vayne lives = NME wins.

Like what the fuck. All they had to do was make sure Hec + Fizz ult Vayne at the same time. They did that in the 3rd to last fight won hard and took top inhib.

In the 2nd to last fight Hec goes in on Vayne, but no Fizz. In the last fight Fizz goes onto Vayne but no Hec.

Gravity Pls.

zkylon

zkylewd
Two huge blunders from GV on the last 2 fights.

In the 3rd to last fight (Where GV Won and got top inhib) Hec and Fizz double team Vayne. Killed Vayne... Sivir kills everything else they get top inhib.

2nd to last fight Fizz whiff his ult and then goes on Sej I think. Hec goes on Vayne (right call... but no Fizz to back him up in the 3rd to last fight), Vayne lives = NME wins.

Last fight Fizz goes on Vayne (Correct call again, but this time NO HEC) Hec decides to 1 man ult Rumble = Vayne lives = NME wins.

Like what the fuck. All they had to do was make sure Hec + Fizz ult Vayne at the same time. They did that in the 3rd to last fight won hard and took top inhib.

In the 2nd to last fight Hec goes in on Vayne, but no Fizz. In the last fight Fizz goes onto Vayne but no Hec.

Gravity Pls.

i duno, i didn't see the bans, but i think if you want to dive a vayne you can go like twisted fate or leblanc or even kassadin rather than fizz. kass and lebonk don't have so great waveclear but i still like em better than fizz.

This season I get XWX instead of Rush or Impact...and XWX only gets 24 points. I've been fantasy-robbed.

I'm going to be honest, I started Impact and when he first locked Yasuo I thought I had made a terrible, terrible mistake. Everything turned out better than expected!

Heck, between that and the LCK games, it almost looks like Yasuo might be playable again. I'm sure tonight's romp in solo queue will bring me out of that wonderful dream, though, if the Vaynespotting doesn't get too depressing first.

HORRORSHØW

NA LCS starts in 40 mins. On my phone rn, so I don't have a full list of the matches.
CGWas6BXEAAqb5P.png:large

What a messy game.

NA in general is a fucking shit show man. I haven't been impress by any team except CLG who was probably playing the absolute worst team in the league so that doesn't say much. They probably going to look like ass vs TIP today so in general all 10 teams in the NA LCS are trash.

The casters ask such weird leading questions in interviews. "Do you think your team will do well this season?", "Last season you also started 2-0 and then lost a ton of games. Are you planning to do that again?"

Maybe it's safe to just assume you already know how these questions are going to be answered as long as you aren't asking Aphro or QTPie.

Leezard

NA in general is a fucking shit show man. I haven't been impress by any team except CLG who was probably playing the absolute worst team in the league so that doesn't say much. They probably going to look like ass vs TIP today so in general all 10 teams in the NA LCS are trash.

Liquid really luck out this week playing against shit teams. Down 0-2 to both TDK and T8 who no idea wtf they were doing mid game.

Pretty much. I expected more from the top NA teams but they look bad even when playing against each other.

Bacon

The casters ask such weird leading questions in interviews. "Do you think your team will do well this season?", "Last season you also started 2-0 and then lost a ton of games. Are you planning to do that again?"

Maybe it's safe to just assume you already know how these questions are going to be answered as long as you aren't asking Aphro or QTPie.

They're taking a page from real sports interviews then. Completely braindead questions met with completely boring responses

Top Bottom