• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

As soon as I saw that Zac pick I knew bad things were gonna happen for that Cloud 9 comp. 2 immobile damage dealers against a Zac is just asking for trouble and this start is unsurprising for me.

Edwardo

At least they're spreading the deaths across the board......

Dig will go for a baron and ruin everything they've ever wanted. The question is when..

Leezard

Dig has 3 towers AND a successful baron. What's up with this.

Edit: at this point I can't see Dig throw it. Dig got 0 towers to CLG, C9 got 0 towers to Dig.

Twookie

what a hilarious game
NA in general is a fucking shit show man. I haven't been impress by any team except CLG who was probably playing the absolute worst team in the league so that doesn't say much. They probably going to look like ass vs TIP today so in general all 10 teams in the NA LCS are trash.

this so much

Elfstruck

Wow, I cant believe I'm saying this but Meteos is a nonfactor and useless in this game. Zero fucking pressure on Reksai, did he copy Santorin's style?

Leezard

Wow, I cant believe I'm saying this but Meteos is a nonfactor and useless in this game. Zero fucking pressure on Reksai, did he copy Santorin's style?

C9 played 3 scaling lanes, and Meteos only afk farmed. Maybe they only scrimmed TSM and got zero jungle pressure every game?
DIG: 11 towers, 1 baron, 4 dragons, game won
C9: 0 towers, 0 baron, 0 dragons, game lost

Who would have predicted that.

They even got 2 barons.

DIG: 11 towers, 1 baron, 4 dragons, game won
C9: 0 towers, 0 baron, 0 dragons, game lost

Who would have predicted that.

They got some good hits in though, right?

I don't even know what the deal was with Sneaky. I know he's been running Corki for a while now, but he used to be an Ashe player, including during a time when Zac was a thing. I guess it's been too long for him to remember how to not get bounced on every five seconds.

zkylon

zkylewd
what if dig is the american fnatic but they needed one more split to show it

a whole rookie team built around kiwikid the american tyellowstar

take skt to game 5 for sure

I think it might be that Cloud 9 actually just played really, really badly. There were a few pure "bad luck" moments (like the Gnar 'rang stealing dragon), and Azingy was certainly putting on a clinic, but I'd mostly put it down to just shit-tier play from C9, especially Sneaky.

Elfstruck

C9 played 3 scaling lanes, and Meteos only afk farmed. Maybe they only scrimmed TSM and got zero jungle pressure every game?

Yeh thats probably why lol...But seriously, Meteos always play bad or suck on reksai. If C9 continues to play like this, they might place 4-5 at the end of split.

Wow, Impulse forces Fizz and Yasuo bans. They should get a really good pick/ban rotation off this, especially since they're blue side. Yep, there' Ali and Hec already.

Edit: LeBlanc, too. Though they did give up Kalista, Sej, and Azir. Feeling like it's time for those four bans, Riot.

Wow, Impulse forces Fizz and Yasuo bans. They should get a really good pick/ban rotation off this, especially since they're blue side. Yep, there' Ali and Hec already.

Edit: LeBlanc, too. Though they did give up Kalista, Sej, and Azir. Feeling like it's time for those four bans, Riot.

I like CLG picks too though. Azir can just wall off hec and Kalista is hard to catch. I agree with Kobe that Hec should of went Ignite/TP over Smite/TP especially against Kalista. And Azir just does so much more damage in team fights than LeBlanc who's better off in 1v1, 2v2 and random 3v3 in the jungles.

Xmithe still can not land Sej ult.

So far this game

Impact > Zion
Pob > WXW
Double/Aphro > Apollo/Adrian
Rush > Xmithe

This should be a good game. CLG winning bot and mid, while TIP is winning top and jungle.

Edit: Smart fight there for Zion, just got BC while Impact was still sitting on gold. You don't see that mistake much in pro games, but all the time in SoloQ.

how many weeks til CLG start their tilt? i'm guessing 6

Week #4 they get into a fight on who should be playing mid. Week #5 they get mad cause Xmithe does something stupid and lose them a game.

After that it's a roller coaster of mid/jungle combo not working together. Zion goes to sleep on his island, and Double/Aphro eats chiptole on their own island.

RIP CLG Golden Age.

I forgot Trick2g is also CLG's analyst now.

Blizzard

Banned
Just after the nexus went down:
postgamew7um4.png

Having 1 CLG and 1 TIP player each made that last match extremely close. I'm kind of expecting a manual adjustment by Riot to fine-tune/fix fantasy points will swing the balance and make me lose this week.

Week #4 they get into a fight on who should be playing mid. Week #5 they get mad cause Xmithe does something stupid and lose them a game.

After that it's a roller coaster of mid/jungle combo not working together. Zion goes to sleep on his island, and Double/Aphro eats chiptole on their own island.

RIP CLG Golden Age.

I forgot Trick2g is also CLG's analyst now.

Xmithie really impresses me almost every time I watch him. Besides the few Sej ults missed in the playoffs he is strong mechanically. He also has fantastic vision control over jungles, there was some statistic of how many more wards he had cleared than other LCS junglers, and it wasn't close. He is a top 3-4 jungler in NA for me.

Pobelter looks good so far. Zion is playing well. Then we got Double and Aphro doing their thing. I was nervous when the inhibitor turret fell top, but the rest of the game seemed well thought out.

That Shadow Isles RP team. TSM needs to play the Demacia team for manners.

Aw, they fucked it up by going Morgana instead of Thresh, though. (Also don't actually like Morg into Ali.)

Xmithie really impresses me almost every time I watch him. Besides the few Sej ults missed in the playoffs he is strong mechanically. He also has fantastic vision control over jungles, there was some statistic of how many more wards he had cleared than other LCS junglers, and it wasn't close. He is a top 3-4 jungler in NA for me.

Pobelter looks good so far. Zion is playing well. Then we got Double and Aphro doing their thing. I was nervous when the inhibitor turret fell top, but the rest of the game seemed well thought out.

That's how I felt a long time watching Link. It's like they do everything correctly then playoffs come and everyone just falls apart. I don't know if it's a CLG thing or what. Everyone just always looks great in regular season and then look like shit.

That's how I felt a long time watching Link. It's like they do everything correctly then playoffs come and everyone just falls apart. I don't know if it's a CLG thing or what. Everyone just always looks great in regular season and then look like shit.

Yea, as a CLG fan I'm just hoping their new coaching contingent can help quell any mid-late season organizational problems. Otherwise they have "potentially" the most solid line up top to bottom in NA, which is why they can start out strong most seasons.

TSM looked a little shaky again but held up against NME. NME made a few wrong mistakes and got punished for them, would have been nice for them to spread their kills off of the Hec though.

Top Bottom