• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why the fuck is Woolite still in the LCS?

Nekofrog

Banned
i think it's fantastic that the one consistent and abusable strategy of "stall until late game where woolite will inevitably woolite and win" vs roccat is a thing

Newt

cf982004cc9ac00541ba5271fb92145f.png

"NO ONE was ready for that!"

How about everyone should be ready for it to go wrong when you take a shit-on support and a mid-tier jungler past her power spike to gank a top laner who's ahead?

Blizzard

Banned
I may have picked a bad week to double up on CW. Freeze had 63.38 points the first week, 11.11 the second week.

Hopefully Dignitas will carry me with like 300 points tomorrow.

TomShoe

Banned
Looking forward to the CS Qualifier finals for both NA & EU, I believe they're all supposed to be fully casted this year.

Magnetic (Formerly TSM Darkness) vs. Misfits (Alex Ich & Friends)

CLG Black (Scarra & Co.) vs. Cloud 9 Tempest

Dignitas EU vs. Mousesports

Denial EU (Wickd's Team) vs. Ex Nihilo (Xaxus & Impaler)

Makareu

I would be hype for a Denial EU vs Elements in the qualifiers.

In the meantime, TIP vs TSM today should be interesting.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 2 - Day 1

t1433617200z1.png

Enemy eSports vs Team Liquid
Cloud 9 vs Gravity
Team SoloMid vs Team Impulse
Team 8 vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Dignitas vs Team Dragon Knights

Ahh, now I see. They wanted to cede all their lanes so that they could needlessly contest a dragon when hugely down in farm instead. The brilliance shines on.

Leezard

Ahh, now I see. They wanted to cede all their lanes so that they could needlessly contest a dragon when hugely down in farm instead. The brilliance shines on.

I refuse to believe that Hai was the only thing that separated C9 from these terrible strategies. They did not look this bad when Link of all people played with them.

Meteos is their shotcaller so why does he only powerfarm the jungle. :/

I refuse to believe that Hai was the only thing that separated C9 from these terrible strategies. They did not look this bad when Link of all people played with them.

Meteos is their shotcaller so why does he only powerfarm the jungle. :/

I guess they expected things to go differently, but I'm not sure why. I like Ryze as a pick for teams that have aggressive mid and bottom lanes, because it puts a Damocles' sword over the enemy jungler that says, "Go ahead and camp my Ryze, we'll just win the rest of the map."

Incarnation doesn't seem to be that guy, though. If he can't go aggressive on Viktor versus a TF, it's just not going to happen. Ezreal just isn't that aggressive of a laner, and Sejuani's pre-6 presence just doesn't hold up to Rek'Sai's. There was no way they could punish Gravity for focusing Ryze with the team they built, so of course he was going to end up ridiculously far behind, and then they're stuck hoping to stall for late-game scaling in a game where they have a poor damage split.

There's got to be as many coaching and planning problems as in-game shot-calling ones happening, honestly.

C9 would be 0-3 if not for TSM throwing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160784506&postcount=3141

With whom? There's really no one in NA that has stood up to Bjerg all split. At least Hai has chemistry with the rest of C9. Replace Hai and they lose their shot caller and have to start from scratch with going through all the growing pains again. If they are going to replace him they might as well wait for after Worlds because they are still good enough to get to Worlds. Replace him now and they might not even make it with him they are still #2 to #3 in NA.

..... Incarnation is going to make C9 better than they had with Hai but the problem is they are going to have to go through a lot of growing pains before they get there.

Leezard

I guess they expected things to go differently, but I'm not sure why. I like Ryze as a pick for teams that have aggressive mid and bottom lanes, because it puts a Damocles' sword over the enemy jungler that says, "Go ahead and camp my Ryze, we'll just win the rest of the map."

Incarnation doesn't seem to be that guy, though. If he can't go aggressive on Viktor versus a TF, it's just not going to happen. Ezreal just isn't that aggressive of a laner, and Sejuani's pre-6 presence just doesn't hold up to Rek'Sai's. There was no way they could punish Gravity for focusing Ryze with the team they built, so of course he was going to end up ridiculously far behind, and then they're stuck hoping to stall for late-game scaling in a game where they have a poor damage split.

There's got to be as many coaching and planning problems as in-game shot-calling ones happening, honestly.
It sure seems like it.

I have no idea why C9 didn't pick Rumble for Balls, instead.

Leezard

The decent teams in NA right now seems to be TL, TSM, TIP and CLG (so far). There's quite the gap between them and the low tier teams.

Top Bottom