• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Makareu

He completely quit the playing role and is "chief gaming officer" now

Thx.
As others said it is too early to write C9 off and they may need need time to mesh together, but their macro play is really questionable so far. And losing against Dignitas and Gravity does not bode well.

Thx.
As others said it is too early to write C9 off and they may need need time to mesh together, but their macro play is really questionable so far. And losing against Dignitas and Gravity does not bode well.

They will find their groove and work well together my problem is "how long until they do"?

I just don't see them becoming world class for worlds if they even make it. Maybe in 2016 they will have to figure it out, but not for 2015.

Leezard

They will find their groove and work well together my problem is "how long until they do"?

I just don't see them becoming world class for worlds if they even make it. Maybe in 2016 they will have to figure it out, but not for 2015.

Seems likely, unless they make huge progress. C9 is pretty much Elements right now.

Yeah, it's too early in the split to completely write off teams

There's plenty of time for C9 to get their shit together
and for CLG to choke and go into demotionland

Leezard

BEJiMH2.jpg

Damage in the C9 game. A shut down Ryze is not a beautiful think.

Incarnation did more than I would expect.

Two support bans and ADC first pick. I wonder if they're trying to bait Doublelift and Aphromoo into a bad lane match-up by appealing to their pride.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 2 - Day 2

t1433703600z1.png

Cloud 9 vs Team Impulse
Team Liquid vs Gravity
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team SoloMid
Team Dragon Knights vs Enemy eSports
Team 8 vs Team Dignitas

brian!

i think my stream is lagging where the audio doesnt match up with the mouth movements so it looks like everything is dubbed, pretty great

I don't think C9 was wrong to contest that dragon, really, they just played it absolutely horribly. As Jatt said, Incarnation either needed to be with the rest of the team, or the rest of the team needed to not be getting themselves plugged up in the pit. (My pick would be the latter, though, I'm not sure if The Emperor's Divide would have actually kept them from eating most of The Equalizer and Sivir damage that killed them.)

Makareu

I dont know. They were ahead at the time plus they had a decent range comp against a team fighting comp, and they put themselves in a trap (and do individual mistakes on top of that).

I dont know, they were ahead at the time, they have a decent range comp against a team fighting comp, and they put themselves in a trap.

Yeah, they just needed to be able to kite back and stay off The Equalizer, and they couldn't do either. The Emperor's Divide only would have done so much to help with it if they were backed into the dragon pit, so in my mind they should have either pulled the dragon out and been ready to run up-river or not been doing it to begin with.

Jatt's plan of "back into the pit and plug the opening with Azir" might have let a few of them get out the back by hopping the wall, though. I guess if Lucian, Azir, and Gragas got out then Impulse at least would have been unable to rush Baron.

Edit: Zirene confirmed higher elo than Incarnation.

I think C9 kept getting forced into bad/risky/pressured calls because XwX had tremendous pressure with his LB splitpush. They needed to adjust their draft to head off that threat before it was picked.

I think C9 kept getting forced into bad/risky/pressured calls because XwX had tremendous pressure with his LB splitpush. They needed to adjust their draft to head off that threat before it was picked.

Not giving up two shit-tier kills to the LeBlanc to get her started would have been good, too. Like Sneaky and Balls haven't seen one in so long they've forgotten what she does. "Oh right, LeBlanc! The one who makes me lifebar go away if I just stand around someplace I shouldn't be."

clemenx

Banned
Meh, it seems dealing with Ryze is super anoying unless you put it so behind like he was on C9 yesterday. Not worth dealing with. Better pick it.

zkylon

zkylewd
the vision control by gravity was pretty nuts

pink on every side of midlane against flashless cassiopeia is so painful

There's no excuse then, I can't believe they picked Rek'Sai over Ryze.

Yeah, the absurd focus on Rek'Sai/Gragas/Sejuani honestly just shows a lack of versatility on the part of the LCS junglers. There are plenty of other Cinderhulk junglers, and while some of them are situational because of problems playing into certain compositions (Amumu, Volibear, etc.), there's almost always at least one that will work and isn't banned, and most of them are stupid easy to learn.

The only one of the "top tier" junglers I actually consider worth the hype is Gragas.

Leezard

Phreak says no nerfs for Ryze planned for 5.11, they are planned for 5.12.

Yeah, the absurd focus on Rek'Sai/Gragas/Sejuani honestly just shows a lack of versatility on the part of the LCS junglers. There are plenty of other Cinderhulk junglers, and while some of them are situational because of problems playing into certain compositions (Amumu, Volibear, etc.), there's almost always at least one that will work and isn't banned, and most of them are stupid easy to learn.

The only one of the "top tier" junglers I actually consider worth the hype is Gragas.

Pretty much. Gragas is insane right now, but Sejuani is not as ridiculous after the nerf. Move knew how to play Jarvan at least. They are nothing close to Ryze at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
meddler already talked about ryze nerfs in the works yesterday, basically they're removing the permasnare because, you know, it's pretty unbelievable that shit got through testing...

5.11 is pretty much locked for next week tho i don't think anyone would mind if they pushed it one week more and got the ryze nerfs in :>

what happened to ryze

There was a "remake", but it mostly just ended up shifting his power around in ways that weren't particularly well-advised. (He scales more on ability power than before, but he also now gets free tankiness from mana, so he doesn't need to build as many tank items anyway. He doesn't scale off CDR as well anymore, but now he just gets unlimited CDR instead, so he doesn't need to build that either...)

They put potentially huge MR shred on his E, too, so he gets away without even building much Magic Penetration. This all in exchange for making his Q one of the easier to hit skillshots. (Particularly considering in lane you can usually just ult and spam it into the minion wave instead of actually aiming.)

Leezard

I don't know if I would trust Dyrus with Ryze (or trust TSM with Dyrus's Ryze), but TSM should not allow ZIonSpartan to get Ryze I think.

edit: first ban for TSM, smart TSM.

Can someone explain to me the yasuo ban?

edit: bard pick makes me happy

Yasuo top is actually pretty strong since they un-nerfed his passive shield, he can bully the hell out of a lot of the meta top picks like Gnar.

TSM winning the hearts and minds with the Bard pick.

Top Bottom