• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 3 - Day 1

t1434038400z1.png

Orgen vs Unicorns of Love
Roccat vs Giants Gaming
SK Gaming vs H2K
Fnatic vs Elements
Copenhagen Wolves vs Gambit Gaming

UOL gets Ryze.

It will be interesting to see if Origen can deal with it.

Ryze, Cassiopeia, and Kalista. Woof, if Origen pulls this out I'm going to be impressed. I feel like their team composition is uninspiring, too; there's no wombo, no real siege, only half a dive. The only thing they do well is picks, and UOL's comp is arguably better at even that.

Leezard

Ryze, Cassiopeia, and Kalista. Woof, if Origen pulls this out I'm going to be impressed. I feel like their team composition is uninspiring, too; there's no wombo, no real siege, only half a dive. The only thing they do well is picks, and UOL's comp is arguably better at even that.

Origen really needs to pull off the midgame properly, and abuse the Sivir ult engage to get an advantage. If it goes late, I don't see their comp standing up to UOL.

Origen really needs to pull off the midgame properly, and abuse the Sivir ult engage to get an advantage. If it goes late, I don't see their comp standing up to UOL.

They're making the picks work for them and out-rotating UOL, so that's something. I'm not sure if they're slowing down the Ryze or Cass enough, though. They not only have to win fast, they have to win fast while keeping all of UOL's carries from accelerating.

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter how good your comp is if you're just going to trickle in one-by-one like the Bronzest of losers.

Omnicent

They're making the picks work for them and out-rotating UOL, so that's something. I'm not sure if they're slowing down the Ryze or Cass enough, though. They not only have to win fast, they have to win fast while keeping all of UOL's carries from accelerating.

Doesn't seem like this is a problem. OG knows how to press the gas peddle.

Makareu

I am both impressed by OG and disapointed with UOL.

edit : especially impressed with how they closed the game without hesitation

How to counter Ryze:

Have every other lane win.

ggez

Wasn't really the lanes. Almost entirely happened on the basis of grouping up and making team plays (picks and rotations). UOL's lanes were in an acceptable state, which is why Origen went to such lengths to completely end the laning phase as soon as possible.

Kind of an awkward game for Giant's jungler. There's really nowhere he can go other than top lane. I mean, it's lucky he even got as much out of the camp as he has.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Woolite's diary

Day 347: They still have not yet realized I'm a terrible ADC.

This late game Mundo's going to be unkillable. Sivir just can't punish him for building the super greedy Regen/MR Monster Mundo build sufficiently.

Edit: Ahahaha, the Vaynespotting is too easy today. CandyPanda couldn't last more than two seconds in a team fight.

They've been focused on creating new champions that offer unique gameplay options, so I don't mind it. None of the champions in question are just superior versions of existing champions.

My bigger problem is that some of them show a certain lack of commitment to making a few of the lamer "classic" champions visually and conceptually interesting. (How's Zilean ever going to not be completely lame if Ekko exists?)

Blizzard

Banned
Ekko was good, but couldn't really carry despite getting quite strong early.
I'm of course WAY below tournament players in skill, but I had the same sort of problem in ranked silver. I might do okay mid lane with him, but I had trouble helping the team if the other lanes are losing.

Explain please

Tremor sense and her mobility.

Most junglers lose some combat stats right off the bat if they invest in early vision, but not RekSai. Also destroying her tunnels grants vision of the destroyer.

With rotations being so important, Reksais unparalleled mobility makes her perfect. Not to mention you can't really punish her when she can be anywhere at anytime.

I have no problem with RekSai in solo q. She's balanced there, but competitive she's an absolute beast. I'd put her and Nunu in the same boat. Good in solo q and monsters in competitive team play.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of agree about reksai

i love the idea of her tunnels and tremor sense and her ult, i think that's the correct way to design a jungler (make the champion about map movement-vision-utility), but i think her combat stats are very unreasonable for the amount of utility in her kit

clemenx

Banned
What combat stats? Her Q has been nerfed to almost having no scaling and you almost never hit he E with the bar full.

I think what makes her OP is definitely tremor sense, for competitive.

What was the best game from today? From the scoreboards I kinda want to see H2K's

Leezard

What combat stats? Her Q has been nerfed to almost having no scaling and you almost never hit he E with the bar full.

I think what makes her OP is definitely tremor sense, for competitive.

What was the best game from today? From the scoreboards I kinda want to see H2K's
Part of what makes her strong is that her ult does nothing for her combat - she is always at full combat effectiveness and can skirmish often.

What exactly is Viktor's build path right now? I tend to just complete a mana regen item then buy 1-2 core upgrades (E-Q) then leave the rest.

I should have accepted Ghost's trade for Freeze. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. He scored so many points last season. =(

I don't do a lot of Fantasy LCS, but I'd be too concerned about the consistency of EU players if I did. Like, Peppinero probably raked in a ton of points today, but can you even begin to expect him to perform that well tomorrow? Next week?

It's just such a brutally feast or famine region in terms of performance. I guess the way it works is that you just try to trade around bad weeks for those players, but it's not like they're even consistent about who they decide to throw games to...

Newt

I don't do a lot of Fantasy LCS, but I'd be too concerned about the consistency of EU players if I did. Like, Peppinero probably raked in a ton of points today, but can you even begin to expect him to perform that well tomorrow? Next week?

It's just such a brutally feast or famine region in terms of performance. I guess the way it works is that you just try to trade around bad weeks for those players, but it's not like they're even consistent about who they decide to throw games to...
Cop was such a god in fantasy last season it wasn't even funny.

Top Bottom