• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Leezard

Has there been a hard carry Ekko yet in pro play? He's been really underwhelming thus far.

Nope, so far the typical case for Ekko is that he gets a couple of kills early but fails to have an impact and won't carry.

I find it difficult to call him overpowered right now, despite the fact that many people call him broken.

edit: And as I write this Bjergsen just gets blown up and TSM loses the game hard.

So if it wasn't for Kiwi 5 man and 4 man alistar knockup in game #5 they would get relegated to getting 0 towers vs CLG in week 1 to being #1?

Alright...

#TotallyMakeSense

Nope, so far the typical case for Ekko is that he gets a couple of kills early but fails to have an impact and won't carry.

I find it difficult to call him overpowered right now, despite the fact that many people call him broken.

edit: And as I write this Ekko just gets blown up and TSM loses the game hard.

Basically the new Corki/Ezreal. There's a window for you to win once it past... good luck (Unless the other team pick really bad scaling).

That was an exciting game! It looked really well played too.

Edit: I was just listening to the beginning part and tuned into watching at the second Baron. Maybe it wasn't so well played.

Godan

Good game from DIG.

I can't be the only one who thinks that the casters are biased for TSM right?

It#s like everything they do is so good.

clemenx

Banned

edit: And as I write this Bjergsen just gets blown up and TSM loses the game hard.

This has been how I see it since launch. I think he's viable and fun but nowhere near overpowered. Yeah the passive numbers are a bit on the high side but he's melee AND squishy. If you get hit by his ult and/or stun I'm afraid it's your fault, they're super telegraphed.

Omnicent

Zirene so salty GZUS
FUUUUCK I'M GONNA LOSE TO SUMMONS NOW!
=P
Pretty much
wMX7jAR.png

Leezard

This has been how I see it since launch. I think he's viable and fun but nowhere near overpowered. Yeah the passive numbers are a bit on the high side but he's melee AND squishy. If you get hit by his ult and/or stun I'm afraid it's your fault, they're super telegraphed.
Pretty much my experience as well. He's been getting some small nerfs and I think he's probably fine until it is proven otherwise. As you say, everything is telegraphed.
FUUUUCK I'M GONNA LOSE TO SUMMONS NOW!
Princess Nami hype

Macattk15

Da fuck was Turtle going in that last engage when Santorin and Lustboy peeled south .... why the hell did he run off by himself?

Completely threw the game with his shitty positioning. Nothing new really.

Bjerg probably shouldn't have dove in there but it wasn't his fault they lost. He did get blown up before he could react though.

Lol they are so salty they don't even talk to DIG after the game.

To be fair, if they're just going to say, "I think we won because we have more Koreans" there might be entirely different reasons they don't interview them.

Not sure I care for this Corki pick, but I guess with what we've seen out of Ekko trying to set up a team to ride his mid-game spike might be the way to go about it.

Oh, Dominate's going full tank Ekko, and it looks like Quas might be going full tank Hecarim, even with Ignite? Yeah, I definitely don't like this team composition, especially since they're letting LeBlanc get put behind. Where's the damage? Throw up some magic resistance and call it a day.

Edit: Ahh, okay, maybe Quas is just going Black Cleaver first, that'd be a lot better.

clemenx

Banned
Lmao I love TP Homeguard Heca.

Tank Ekko seems useless tbh :/ he's trying to be a stun bot but that shit is hard to hit.

LOL TL.

Yeah, I would have rather seen Dominate try Nidalee-style Magus jungle and let Quas be the tank, but in terms of player personalities and playstyles I suppose it makes more sense for Quas to be the carry.

Quas the only NA Hecarmin going Iginte/TP over stupid smite. I love it I don't get why they all are throwing away his power spike. His late game is okay but it's not scary as to oppose of some of the other top laners. Late game fizz is way worst to deal with (look at TSM vs DIG same matchup, not only that but Dyrus had a gigantic lead and couldn't snowball the game). So why not go Iginte and take advantage of the point where you're much stronger than fizz, and help your mid/adc get ahead?. Even if Fizz is stronger late game you build an 1 item advantage you're still better off with like 5 items vs 4 items or 4 items vs 3 items.

Holy shit Quas is a monster top laner

This is what I've been saying for so long. I feel like he's the only top laner in NA next to Impact that thinks about his picks, and builds. He maps out exactly a window where he wants to be strong then he groups during that window. There was so many times Quas could of TP bot in that game but decided not to until he hit his Trinity. He does the same thing when he play top lane Ryze or whatever. Every other top laner especially Dyrus just looks at Korea or China and copy what they do without trying to figure out why they do what they do.

Meteos owners must be livid. The guy went from a carry-style, hard farming jungler on a winning team to... whatever the fuck this thing is now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Dragon Knights man, jesus christ get your shit together

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching Santorin play Nidalee jungle is a revelation, he get so fed most games

can i now be worried for c9? or is it still just a warming up thing

You can worry. They aren't just losing, they look like dog shit in the games they're losing. That's pretty different from just losing a 50/50 at Baron or otherwise dropping a game that easily could have gone differently.

At least Incarnation looked halfway decent this game, and as a result Meteos was able to get some jungle pressure. They didn't actually do much with it as a team outside of a couple of early dragons, but if Meteos had been on a ganking jungler it could have resulted in something more substantial.

Mr Cola

I remember when Incarnation came over he wasnt streaming and was getting handled by mid lanes in alot of games (watching other streamers play v him), he never really seemed to carry games, back when Bjerg came over I remember him bringing Riven mid over and shit-stomping the whole scene for a few weeks.

Im not sold on Incarnation

Top Bottom