• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Makareu

The magical journey of melee adc Woolite has ended. He has been replaced by MrRallez. One more chance for Roccat to live up to the potential.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Come at me Nekobro.

CcotOD0.png

Leezard

20 minutes 0-0

This is an Elements game all right

edit: nah just kidding they would have been behind many kills in a standard game, it's more like Froggen's dream game.

"This is the type of game Elementz has wanted to play..." but there was always another team in the game with them, making it difficult.

Edit: Steve's build is genius. Cinderhulk -> Frozen Heart -> Sheen. Why didn't I think of that? I could be losing games ten times faster than I have been.

Makareu

At the beginning of the split I thought there was a good chance to have a good level and entertaining EU split. That though is fading away quickly.
At least Fnatic vs Origen will be good no matter what the game looks like, just because of the narrative.
(shame on you Roccat, was your gameplan to make Elements happy ?)

Leezard

At the beginning of the split I thought there was a good chance to have a good level and entertaining EU split. That though is fading away quickly.
At least Fnatic vs Origen will be good no matter what the game looks like, just because of the narrative.
(shame on you Roccat, was your gameplan to make Elements happy ?)

H2K, UOL and Giants are looking all right though. H2K is looking very strong.

Roccat and Elements are just weak teams right now.

Makareu

H2K, UOL and Giants are looking all right though. H2K is looking very strong.

Roccat and Elements are just weak teams right now.

Obviously definitive conclusions will have to wait the end of the split.
But for now I think Giants are just over performing and will end up as a low / medium team.
UOL so far is lacking their last split madness. But you could argue that being deceptive is part of their kit.

So that leaves 3.5 teams out of 8 that feel like having the potential to be relevant.

Leezard

Yellowstar + Rekkles make the plays! Perfect Janna ult.

Obviously definitive conclusions will have to wait the end of the split.
But for now I think Giants are just over performing and will end up as a low / medium team.
UOL so far is lacking their last split madness. But you could argue that being deceptive is part of their kit.

So that leaves 3.5 teams out of 8 that feel like having the potential to be relevant.
It's possible, sure. But yeah, it looks like there are mainly 3 or 4 top contenders. Fnatic is really strong as per their showing in MSI, so I wouldn't expect many teams to be able to compete with them and that shows so far. I would be surprised and concerned for Fnatic if the likes of copenhagen wolves actually could hold their own against them.

Makareu

It's possible, sure. But yeah, it looks like there are mainly 3 or 4 top contenders. Fnatic is really strong as per their showing in MSI, so I wouldn't expect many teams to be able to compete with them and that shows so far. I would be surprised and concerned for Fnatic if the likes of copenhagen wolves actually could hold their own against them.

I agree, I didn't express myself clearly. I was not expecting more than 2 or 3 teams to compete for first place. But I was expecting the like of Gambit, Elements, Roccat to actually improve from last split so we could have 5-6 teams seriously competing for playoffs.

On a side note, why take Olaf instead of Jarvan ?

Leezard

Really good game.

I agree, I didn't express myself clearly. I was not expecting more than 2 or 3 teams to compete for first place. But I was expecting the like of Gambit, Elements, Roccat to actually improve from last split so we could have 5-6 teams seriously competing for playoffs.

On a side note, why take Olaf instead of Jarvan ?

Ah, I see. I can see Gambit/Roccat improve, but it's hard to predict right now. One of them might have been underperforming just like Giants might have been overperforming, but that's all just speculation.

Jarvan and Olaf are both niche picks right now so it's difficult to say.

Blizzard

Banned
I switched in Roccat in a brilliant plan because they were playing bad teams. *edit* Even worse, I lost Dyrus because I thought everyone hated him, but it turned out Pancakes is clever.

Little did I realize that Roccat could easily manage to do worse. :p I shouldn't have followed Ghost's strategy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I switched in Roccat in a brilliant plan because they were playing bad teams. *edit* Even worse, I lost Dyrus because I thought everyone hated him, but it turned out Pancakes is clever.

Little did I realize that Roccat could easily manage to do worse. :p I shouldn't have followed Ghost's strategy.

No, I'm stupid because I bet on Roccat. I figured they would do well against a 1-6 team like elements but nope.

zkylon

zkylewd
that mic check thingie at the end in the fnatic game

rekkles: i can pull u (kalista ult)
yellowstar: pull pull pull pull
huni: no no... can we do this?
reignover: yes we can, of course we can!
all: pull pull pull pull go go go go niceeeeeee

so cool haha

Tomorrow Fnatic can equal the LCS record for the team to have gone furthest before losing their first game of the split. Curse went 8-0 in the LCS Spring 2013 before losing to Dignitas and so did SK in LCS Spring 2015 before losing to Fnatic. C9, in their exceptionally dominant 2013 Summer Split, went 13 consecutive games without defeat, but this run started on Week 4.

HyperOne

Banned
Oh, how will CLG manage to crush my dreams this year...

The TSM game still has me concerned, even if they faceroll everyone else. Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, stop putting Zion on tanks.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 4 - Day 2

t1434729600z1.png

SK Gaming vs Roccat
H2K vs Giants Gaming
Copenhagen Wolves vs Fnatic
Gambit Gaming vs Unicorns of Love
Origen vs Elements

Pancakes

Yea I bet on them too since they were up against the worst teams...

I turned away for a minute after that first four man gank bot lane, and thought it was a replay when I turned about around to see the second one. Pretty sure Vayne got headbutted into exactly the same spot on the wall.

NA and EU swapping roles. Now NA's the region where no one looks good enough to be worthy of being called the champion, and EU's the region where no one's giving the champion a worthy challenge.

Fair enough, I wonder if TSM will allow him.

I think they're learning, somewhat. You can't afford not to have a top laner in this meta. You can practically hang your ADC out to dry and get away with it, you can run a slow-burn farmer in the mid and get away with it, you can even have a "farm to 6" support jungler and get away with it, but you just can't win without top lane right now.

Edit: Jesus that Gumbutt game was a ridiculous stomp. Up until the fountain trolling their ADC and top laner both had zero kills and zero assists.

Top Bottom