• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 1

t1435248000z1.png

Roccat vs Copenhagen Wolves
Unicorns of Love vs Giants Gaming
Origen vs Gambit Gaming
Fnatic vs H2K
Elements vs SK Gaming

Oh god, that hilarious over-pursuit at the Baron by Gumbutt. That's some garbage shot-calling, you can tell because they all chased as one and then all turned and ran like hell as one. That wasn't people running off doing their own thing, it's an entire team following an amazingly idiotic call.

I like the Olaf in this composition. You've got Sivir and Ryze, you basically just trigger On the Hunt and bumrush the enemy team, and there's so very little they can do about it. Ryze and Olaf with even more bonus movespeed are goddamn terrifying, they can run right across the Equalizer and just keep going.

"All H2K needs to do right now is wait." Yeah, sure, try to wait out this Fnatic team composition. Let me know how well that works out for you, Deficio.

Makareu

While I love how flashy Huni is, Febiven really impress me with the background work he is doing no matter the champion he plays.

Unless Fnatic completely implode in the back half of this split, this roster is surely only challenged by 2013-2014 C9 as the best LCS team ever. They're also on course to lay down the most dominant year of LCS competition ever if they can win the Summer Split (while "Old" Fnatic did win both LCS splits in 2013, they came 2nd in the league part of the Summer Split with a plodding 15-13 record and competed against some of the weakest LCS competition ever in the 2013 Spring Split).

Interesting that their composition today had absolutely no dashes in it - just a bunch of speed ups (Janna passive, Sivir ult, Olaf's Ghost/Ult, Jayce gate, Ryze ult).

Blizzard

Banned
I forgot to upload this last night, but I did screenshot it for once. I wanted to compared predicted versus actual fantasy numbers, since I don't think the site lets you go back and look at the predictions once the games happen.

Week 5 predictions:
prediction_week5gljpp.png

Edwardo

I forgot to upload this last night, but I did screenshot it for once. I wanted to compared predicted versus actual fantasy numbers, since I don't think the site lets you go back and look at the predictions once the games happen.

Week 5 predictions:
prediction_week5gljpp.png

Lol, I remember in week 1 it was predicted that i'd score like 335. I think I didnt break 200.

man KG Corn is stupid with his Viktor build. WE had a naut, scion and rei and he builds Lich before Liandry's Torment so can't do much to 3 out of 5 people

it pains me to see most people play him outside of Kuro, GBM, and Rookie

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 2

t1435334400z1.png

Fnatic vs Gambit Gaming
Roccat vs Unicorns of Love
Copenhagen Wolves vs Origen
Giants Gaming vs Elements
H2K vs SK Gaming

I'm about to get some points in my league. I've topped 300 the past two weeks because I scooped up a bunch of CLG guys but they have a really tough week this week. My EU LCS FNATIC and OG guys are doing well though. I have a win streak to uphold.

They still gave up Kalista and Gragas without getting anything that impressive out of it, though. Kalista's basically been free-farming the entire game, got a feeling this one's already done just by that alone.

Leezard

Gambit did remove Ryze/Olaf/Sivir from the table from Fnatic, even though I think Fnatic came out of champ select happy.

I don't know why they banned Rek'sai and left Gragas open at the same time, though.

I don't know why they banned Rek'sai and left Gragas open at the same time, though.

I guess to be fair to them Reignover's Gragas play has been really shite thus far. I don't recall his previous outings on the champion, maybe they actually scouted him as being not particularly good on him?

Fnatic's trying hard to throw with the terrible attempts to do flashy outplays, but I still don't seem them losing this. Their farm isn't being slowed down anywhere near enough to stop them from getting to the point where Gumbutt has no answers remaining.

Gambit did remove Ryze/Olaf/Sivir from the table from Fnatic, even though I think Fnatic came out of champ select happy.

They wanted to grab Gragas for Diamond, maybe? I dunno I missed pick order

Leezard

I guess to be fair to them Reignover's Gragas play has been really shite thus far. I don't recall his previous outings on the champion, maybe they actually scouted him as being not particularly good on him?

Fnatic's trying hard to throw with the terrible attempts to do flashy outplays, but I still don't seem them losing this. Their farm isn't being slowed down anywhere near enough to stop them from getting to the point where Gumbutt has no answers remaining.

I think he has performed well on Gragas before, though this game specifically he has indeed barely done anything.

I agree on the other part. Fnatic is the stronger team despite their mistakes.

They wanted to grab Gragas for Diamond, maybe? I dunno I missed pick order

Gragas was first picked by Fnatic. Gambit could have left both of them up and taken one.

Reignover actually had some of his best games on Gragas (back in Spring Split). Today Diamond read him extremely well during laning phase and punished him hard. Then Huni randomly killed him and Cabochard after they got greedy going for 2nd tower and Yellowstar rotated around the map with him to knock over Gambit's towers, sneak a baron, and buy time for Febiven to power up the pain train that is Jayce poke. Once the cannon was charged, Gambit's window was closed for good.

That said, there was some superb jungle pathing from Diamond in the first 10 minutes, and Betsy gave one of his best games on Azir. GosuPepper's godly Flash-Tibbers at bottom inner tower gave them another chance after losing the baron, but Fnatic was just too strong. They set a new EU LCS record for consecutive LCS games won, and the all-time record for games won before losing once in a given split.

The all-time record for consecutive LCS games won is held by C9 at 13.

Definitely looking at a (previous seasons) NA-style split in Europe: basically only performance against the top three (arguably, even top two) teams matters, and the rest of these games are just coin flips. Basically doesn't matter how good a team's record is otherwise, if they can't beat Fnatic and/or Origen, they just aren't legit.

One of the best games Ryu has ever played on a champion not named Kha'Zix (yes, I watched more or less every game he played during seasons 2 and 3 on KT B), and he lost because Loulex and Odoamne were relentlessly awful. Ugh.

On the plus side, this means Copenhagen Wolves are dead last, which given the antics of their management, is probably what they deserve.

I really think Gambit might be able to get back in to things and show up in time for playoffs. They went 0-2 this week, but it was against Origen and Fnatic. They certainly have the raw materials and hardened experience to push through the big best of 5s, and they're gradually getting the tactics right. If I had to guess, it'll be Fnatic going to Worlds as Summer champions, H2k going by circuit points and Gambit or Origen going as gauntlet winners.

Ugh Rush chose Nocturne. I really want to root for the Nocturne to win but my fantasy opponent has XWX so I need TIP to lose (or XWX to feed and TIP win)

First Monte's CLG Strategy Spinner, and now Blurred Lines' Rivalry Block. How many years are we off from CLG just having Trick2G come up on stage and flash his nuts at the camera?

sleepykyo

I wasn't sure who to root given that I dislike both ADC's but Quas is making a convincing case for TL.

Wow, Azir solo quadra. For Shurima indeed.

Top Bottom