• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

CLG fans now like

f80.jpg

Calvero

Banned
darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what darshan i don't what

Calvero

Banned
what roster move do you guys think clg does for the summer split. i could see new players coming in for any of the top half of the map honestly. huhi had a fine split, but he really doesn't have consistent carry potential outta the mid lane. darshan is off and on (mostly off over the last year). xmithie had a mediocre split tbh, but i dunnno

what roster move do you guys think clg does for the summer split. i could see new players coming in for any of the top half of the map honestly. huhi had a fine split, but he really doesn't have consistent carry potential outta the mid lane. darshan is off and on (mostly off over the last year). xmithie had a mediocre split tbh, but i dunnno

I think Xmithie potentially gets benched because he definitely had an off split.

Calvero

Banned
I think Xmithie potentially gets benched because he definitely had an off split.

that PLT episode brought up some good points about roster changes. 3 splits where results have consistently come down (1st, 4th, 6th). they talked about either retooling or rebuilding. talked about who would be untouchable (stixxay) and when scarra mentioned aphro being one of them, Mark brought up how if you keep your main shot caller and leader, how much of the team are you really changing? i could see them rebuilding the team around Stixxay honestly and most likely keeping aphro and the top half of the map introducing new member and maybe maybe keeping some of the current squad as subs

i wonder if they use any of their CLG Black players or potentially use the import slot they have open?

The way Huhi completely collapsed in games 3-5 was unacceptable. If you want to win titles that can't happen. Darshan did throw game 5 with a terrible error but he was actually dominating his matchup before that (and Stixxay made several errors that were very costly in that game too; only Aphro came through strong). I'd like to see at least one change if there's talent available, but it wouldn't surprise me if they stuck with the roster for next split.

One of the games Huhi got legit camped and I feel like he didn't get a lot of help from the team or pressure on other areas of the map to compensate. I think that was his game 4 syndra? Though he also fucked up on his own a couple times that game.

FlyQuest I seriously doubt will take down TSM. P1 I still think could take down TSM but after their matchup in the last week I consider it way less likely than I did before playoffs. C9 probably has the best chance, at least based off the only mismatch that immediately comes to mind. TSM's botlane has been top 5 all split, but I don't know if it's really been top 2. Sneaky & Smoothie on the other hand have looked good all split. Bjergsen is back to form after having a relatively 'meh' split (based on his usual standard of play). Hauntzer is looking real good, but C9's top lane has also been pretty solid all split so I don't know for sure if that advantages one team or the other. And in terms of Jungle matchup I probably give it to Sven. So, tl;dr: C9 has the best shot, followed by P1. I don't realistically see FLY taking their series.

Ever

Banned
Not going to predict the FNC - G2 series since we're already a ways in.

TSM 3 - 1 FLY

C9 3 - 1 P1

UOL 3 - 1 MSF

clemenx

Banned
They need to stop trying to burst Camille. Maybe start using Gragas and Sol ults more defensively.

Really good of G2 to adapt to Fnatic.

NSESN

I think if they picked karma they would win, so many times rekkles needed a shield. The last fight he was one auto from poping Expect GA

clemenx

Banned
Disappointed in Fnatic. Thought they would be more adaptable.

I think P1 can beat both teams but Arrow and Ryu need to be godlike at the same time.

Leezard

Please don't let mid Lulu come back

After numerous patches of "nerfed into the ground" and without any solo lane buffs Lulu appears to be viable again. Who could've thought. Maybe it's a designated Leblanc counter if we're lucky.

clemenx

Banned
Welp, hope Unicorns can do something vs G2. They were fun as always.

Good to see Jhin do well in a shit patch for him.

NA playoffs being more boring than EU by a country mile sure is something.

C9 - TSM better deliver.

The NA Semis were very one-sided. As bad as the old best-of-3 days when C9 were stomping everyone in record quick time. Final itself might well be a classic though. TSM going for the 4th title in their 9th consecutive final appearance and C9 going for their 3rd. Every player on TSM is - obviously - a former NA LCS champion (Hauntzer (1), Svenskeren (1), Bjergsen (3), WildTurtle (2), Biofrost (1)) while for C9 only Sneaky (2) is a former champ (Impact is a 2-time OGN and World Champion though, that counts for something). C9 are a strong match for TSM on the top side of the map. Should be intense and exciting, unlike their matches so far.

Fnatic had a real shot at beating G2 but blew their advantage in game 2 despite an unorthodox lane swap start that caught G2 out. Not surprising that G2 won the next two games after that with methodical play. See them as favourites over Unicorns, but top lane should be to their advantage so they definitely have a chance.

The reports of KT's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Six consecutives wins over MVP and Samsung and the third edition of 2017's Telecom Wars is booked. I'm still predicting 7 of them this year.

clemenx

Banned
Globaly most of the playoffs have been 3-0 stomps by top teams. Even in the lesser regions the pattern is there. I wonder what's about lol that there's such a divide between top and lesser teams. Upsets in long series are almost unheard of now.

Both LCS and LCK finals look to be way closer, it seems. LMS will likely be a FW stomp... I haven't seen China this year so I don't know what can happen.

Leezard

Globaly most of the playoffs have been 3-0 stomps by top teams. Even in the lesser regions the pattern is there. I wonder what's about lol that there's such a divide between top and lesser teams. Upsets in long series are almost unheard of now.

Both LCS and LCK finals look to be way closer, it seems. LMS will likely be a FW stomp... I haven't seen China this year so I don't know what can happen.

Is it not mostly an indication that the macro play of the top teams is good enough in relation to their region that they make few game-costing mistakes?

Organisations are getting better coach/analyst/support structures every year which helps with coming up with better macro play.

idlewild_

The NA Semis were very one-sided. As bad as the old best-of-3 days when C9 were stomping everyone in record quick time. Final itself might well be a classic though. TSM going for the 4th title in their 9th consecutive final appearance and C9 going for their 3rd.

TSM is going for their 5th title, they've won either spring or summer every year so far. Have a chance to tie Fnatic for most splits won.

You're right. I got mixed up because I forgot Bjergsen was only around for 3. Oh for the days when Jintae lead GGU to the LCS final (and he did lead them, his Ori was devastating).

Is it not mostly an indication that the macro play of the top teams is good enough in relation to their region that they make few game-costing mistakes?

Organisations are getting better coach/analyst/support structures every year which helps with coming up with better macro play.

To an extent it's definitely better support, but I also think there's simply an increasing concentration of elite talent in the top teams (except perhaps in China). Korea has definitely condensed from the days when each org had two teams, and I'd argue NA and EU have done likewise (the weaker EU teams have simply declined to irrelevance). So you have the double effect of the best players largely playing for the best orgs, where they receive the best support to develop and play the best strategies.

I also suspect that in LoL the cost of having one weak link is very large. If you have one player who's clearly weaker than his counterpart - not likely on a top team which can afford to buy only the best, but likely on challengers - then you have to draft and play to protect him, which limits the strategies you can employ. Take a look at Samsung getting ripped to shreds in lane against KT when they had CuVee try to play carries against Smeb. Once you have that kind of advantage in elite pro play, the game is usually over.

Leezard

To an extent it's definitely better support, but I also think there's simply an increasing concentration of elite talent in the top teams (except perhaps in China). Korea has definitely condensed from the days when each org had two teams, and I'd argue NA and EU have done likewise (the weaker EU teams have simply declined to irrelevance). So you have the double effect of the best players largely playing for the best orgs, where they receive the best support to develop and play the best strategies.

I also suspect that in LoL the cost of having one weak link is very large. If you have one player who's clearly weaker than his counterpart - not likely on a top team which can afford to buy only the best, but likely on challengers - then you have to draft and play to protect him, which limits the strategies you can employ. Take a look at Samsung getting ripped to shreds in lane against KT when they had CuVee try to play carries against Smeb. Once you have that kind of advantage in elite pro play, the game is usually over.
Yeah, that should certainly be a factor as well.

clemenx

Banned
I just want UOL to take a game or 2 and not to be completely stomped.

UOL: "I wonder what will happen if we all stand on th same pixel vs Ashe arrow, equalizer and Gangplank ulti."

OMG inhib.

NSESN

I think FNC is the second best right now, they won game 1, and almost beat them game 2. It was the first series that G2 had to actually adapt to win in Europe.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I think FNC is the second best right now, they won game 1, and almost beat them game 2. It was the first series that G2 had to actually adapt to win in Europe.

yeah summer split should be a lot more competitive in EU at least

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Forgot how frustrating it could be to watch EU LCS. Player skill can just be so low sometimes (which negatively impacts the draft) and the shot calling is really just not there at all. Caster set is kind of just painful too...

Forgot how frustrating it could be to watch EU LCS. Player skill can just be so low sometimes (which negatively impacts the draft) and the shot calling is really just not there at all. Caster set is kind of just painful too...
I mean, to be fair it's not like Quickshot and Deficio have much to work with

There's so many times you can sound unimpressed at a garbage play in a 50 minute game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean, to be fair it's not like Quickshot and Deficio have much to work with

There's so many times you can sound unimpressed at a garbage play in a 50 minute game.
Maybe don't make "arrow to the knee" jokes...or have anything to say about why fights played out the way they did other than talking up how well a player did. Tons of huge things happening with just no commentary on them.

Kalentan

Come on C9. Not like this.

Edit: Like holy shit it wasn't this bad the last time C9 played against TSM.

TSM makes C9 looks like a Bronze team.

Top Bottom