• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

Ever

Banned
LUL DARDOCH LUL WAS LUL THE PROBLEM LUL

After this split, TL needs to cut bait with Piglet and get a new Mid/ADC.

NSESN

Story of every TSM series
Game 1: Sven feeds and TSM loses.
Game 2: Sven still feeds but Hauntzer/Bjergsen saves the day.
Game 3: Sven plays well and TSM stomps.

EDIT: How predictable it can be

LUL DARDOCH LUL WAS LUL THE PROBLEM LUL

After this split, TL needs to cut bait with Piglet and get a new Mid/ADC.

Dardoch wasn't a problem player, he was an attitude problem. But I'm not really against this. Piglet looked good against Pobelter, but he's looked poor against most everyone else.

Akira

C9 crumbling in the last half of the split. They actually look like a bottom tier team, if not last in terms of current form.

Can we bring back B_N VL_D already?

Probably still a bit early. Give it the rest of the week in competitive first and we'll have a decent sample size.

Edit: I also want to reference the guy that fucked up the Wheel of Fortune puzzle with only one letter missing so I'D LIKE TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE!

Bin Vlid.

TheFlow

Banned
TL vs TSM game 1 was so hype. That is how they should of been playing. also Taliyah is a bad pick. people can rarely make her effective.

C9 should of lost to Dig last night. Dig clearly rekted them both games early but then C9 did a couple of teamfights and tilted them.

TSM got tricked into that slaughter with that TL Olaf pick, everyone trying to do extra to make up for Olaf doing old school Mundo play of just running up to ADC whenever he pleased

ok i think TSM is tanking this game. for how great hauntzer has been on Naut and key playing to just give em over in hopes TL doesn't do the Naut/Rengar combo TSM does so well. then the Ashe pick again..so guess where Rengar going to go for repeats

TSM = Lets fight! comp

TheFlow

Banned
TL WON TL WON TL WON

Holy shit. I am glad I watched the first and last game. YAS! Doublift was amazing but so was the toplane.

fuck piglet. they need to trade him or tell him to play someone other tahn taliyah.

That was quite the throw from TSM there. Had Piglet tilted and miles behind, had a large gold lead and overwhelming map pressure, then Turtle gets picked and they commit to a stupid 4v5.

TheFlow

Banned
LOL won lane so hard the vayne raged quit! holy shit. We won of course.

Also it feels so good to say I am gold. and I hit it so early in the year too! Plat is now something I can work towards.

clemenx

Banned
Damn, Akali hardcarried a series. What a time to be alive.

Kinda sucks both football orgs failed to even try and qualify for LCS

So, huh. What happened this patch that Top is Mao - Naut every game again.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn, Akali hardcarried a series. What a time to be alive.

Kinda sucks both football orgs failed to even try and qualify for LCS

So, huh. What happened this patch that Top is Mao - Naut every game again.
Because they are still strong, can get super tanky, and provide great cc/peel

NSESN

I think the problem is that there's only 3 viable tanks right now. There's nothing that a random tank can do that Naut or Maokai can't do better. Shen gets a pass because of his ult.

TheFlow

Banned
Tl deserves to be relegated. Too many chances.

doublelift on Echofox could of been a playoff team.

I love watching LCK the most because even the bottom teams are good and can pull an upset or game off SKT. NA is just good for the player stories.

I think the problem is that there's only 3 viable tanks right now. There's nothing that a random tank can do that Naut or Maokai can't do better. Shen gets a pass because of his ult.
new tank meta will be out in summer split. So expect to see some things change up.

just hope it doesn't become like season 5 where tanks were everywhere.

TheFlow

Banned
Kongdoo Monsters beat KT Rolster last week which was almost the same as Team Liquid beating TSM.

Also holy shit these guys wear dress shirts and ties in matches. LCK has the best players, team logos, and even fashion.

UoL vs Splyce is probably going to be the most interesting match to watch in EULCS this week. It's already pretty interesting.
Edit: Oh, #EUProductionValue
IS THIS THE TRUE COST OF BREXIT?!

G2/FNC game 3 was well worth watching. G2's winning (and unbeaten) streaks in desperate danger in a game with no tanks at all and lots of tense fights. Zven played terribly.
Fnatic had the chance to close out the game after getting two kills with G2's nexus exposed, only for Caps to jump back to his clone and let Expect solo kill him to save the game (after using Chum the Waters to kill super minions). G2 are now one series away from back to back unbeaten splits. The season before that they finished 1st with a 15-3 record, back when the EU LCS still had individual game scoring. If they win the playoffs, they'll become only the 2nd team to win three consecutive NA or EU LCS seasons, after Fnatic.

Expect completely fell apart in those games. Got solo killed in game 2 then basically threw game 3 by trying to do what Phaxi did and failing. All credit to Roccat for ending the streak - basically makes them the P1 of 2017, except they could sneak into playoffs.

TheFlow

Banned
Tuning in for game 4

So how does this work for summer promotion. Doesn't two teams make it to summer out of this?

Sol Mori

Tuning in for game 4

So how does this work for summer promotion. Doesn't two teams make it to summer out of this?

Today
TL vs GCU: Winner to the LCS, Loser Plays Tomorrow
NV vs EUN: Winner plays tomorrow, Loser is out.

Tomorrow: Loser of TL vs GCU vs Winner of NV vs EUN for the final spot into the LCS.

Essentially only the teams that win two "Best of Fives" is into the LCS.

TheFlow

Banned
Today
TL vs GCU: Winner to the LCS, Loser Plays Tomorrow
NV vs EUN: Winner plays tomorrow, Loser is out.

Tomorrow: Loser of TL vs GCU vs Winner of NV vs EUN for the final spot into the LCS.

Essentially only the teams that win two "Best of Fives" is into the LCS.
Ty so much.

I want GCU to reach LCS status. TL won't doublift in summer so it is hard or root for them.

Happy about the nami pick

Top Bottom