• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

G2 carrying the spirit of CLG.eu five years on. I'm so proud.

Edit: That game was so fucking intense. Siege vs. turtle and scale for 50 straight minutes with a huge bearing on qualification. There were so many times where TSM threatened to overwhelm G2 and get too far ahead, and those few times when G2 sneaked a big objective (especially the baron when TSM went for the Infernal drake at 29 minutes after taking the outer mid tower).

lol win within 57 minutes to guarantee semis

edit: 3 scenarios

FW win-G2 is 3rd, TSM/FW playoff for 4th
GAM win under 57 minutes (57:32 to be exact): TSM/G2 play and loser is out, winner faces GAM for 3rd/4th
GAM win over 57 minutes: TSM/GAM play and loser is out, winner faces G2 for 3rd/4th

#3 obviously isn't happening

That was very enjoyable. It's cool to see these players play like it's a scrim and let loose, and to see Xiye give a masterclass on Lucian. Not that Faker will see it that way. Or Bang, who probably did more to throw the game for SKT by getting caught out of position repeatedly in teamfights than Peanut did by getting arrowed at the end.

lol win within 57 minutes to guarantee semis

edit: 3 scenarios

FW win-G2 is 3rd, TSM/FW playoff for 4th
GAM win under 57 minutes (57:32 to be exact): TSM/G2 play and loser is out, winner faces GAM for 3rd/4th
GAM win over 57 minutes: TSM/GAM play and loser is out, winner faces G2 for 3rd/4th

#3 obviously isn't happening

This is pretty lame. TSM gets punished for beating WE instead of G2 or FW a second time.

I do not believe for a second that TSM deserves to be in but it's still dumb to punish a team for having wins that are against "too good".competition. Especially considering it's not them that rolled over for G2 twice(only almost), but G2 gets rewarded.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Two things:

So is it just me or does the YouTube stream on PS4 take a dump whenever a big play happens? Sometimes it stops for over a minute and at that point you even miss the replay.

I like how the chairs the players are using look like comfortable chairs adults would use instead of LOLGAMERZZZRACERZZZZCHAIRZZZZBAWLZZZGFWL!

clemenx

Banned
I feel FW are messing up big time mechanically. TSM better make use of their windows. If ashe hits a good arrow is going to be bad for them.

As I'm watching this all I can think is Why the hell did TSM refuse to ever pull the trigger on G2 to not have to be in this situation?

How can you consider it a good thing to do absolutely nothing for 25 minutes against a scaling comp when you have the lead?

clemenx

Banned
Remember when Taliyah was revealed and a bunch of people weren't sure about the usefulness of her wall? Good times.

Maple basically won this game pressing R a bunch of times.

NSESN

TSM deserved to be eliminated by the simple fact they lost that game against G2. I don't know why they kept playing passive against Oriana+Cait.

This is all a ploy by TSM to backdoor their way to worlds finals!
wtf happened, I stopped watching the GAME vs TSM game when they were up 7 kills to 1, how the fuck they toss that game

Leezard

The state of every region in comparison to Korea is just sad right now.

At least the gap is closing between Wildcard teams and non-Koreans I guess.

TSM's tie-breaker draft has been getting ripped to shreds. They had two bans to go against Betty and got rid of Kog'Maw and Twitch, two champions he hasn't played all year, and left up his Ashe, by far his best. Sure, Kog/Lulu or Twitch/Lulu are dangerous, but in such a high pressure match you get rid of comfort champions first before strats they've never shown proficiency with.

TSM's tie-breaker draft has been getting ripped to shreds. They had two bans to go against Betty and got rid of Kog'Maw and Twitch, two champions he hasn't played all year, and left up his Ashe, by far his best. Sure, Kog/Lulu or Twitch/Lulu are dangerous, but in such a high pressure match you get rid of comfort champions first before strats they've never shown proficiency with.

pick and ban has been failing TSM for like 3 months now easy

Two things:

So is it just me or does the YouTube stream on PS4 take a dump whenever a big play happens? Sometimes it stops for over a minute and at that point you even miss the replay.

I like how the chairs the players are using look like comfortable chairs adults would use instead of LOLGAMERZZZRACERZZZZCHAIRZZZZBAWLZZZGFWL!

Pretty much. Avoid at all costs.

Leezard

Yeah, that shit was highly questionable. It's as if they didn't prepare at all or just went for a catch-all strategy, not even considering what opponents they face.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
TSM is consistently getting outdrafted game after game. I seriously hope they don't put the blame on the players first when it comes to fixing these problems. They have problems yes but the most important thing is that the players aren't set up for success because of these terrible drafts. TSM needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to their coach and analyst and figure out why they're so bad at drafting compared to every other region. If it means firing the incompetents then let them go. It's clear they are doing TSM more harm than good. The players can only carry out garbage drafts so far through sheer skill.

Kangi

I'll paraphrase Post League Time a bit. Blaming the draft is an easy go-to, but rarely that simple.

I don't think the draft was a problem in that last TSM vs. G2 game. If anything, G2's was; they drafted yet another late-game comp when nearly their every loss was them getting smashed in the early game. TSM played aggressive, they got a lead, then did nothing with it. Stood around, gave up Barons, watched Ori and Cait scale, all that good stuff. The last FW game, yeah it was a problem.

I think MarkZ was theorizing that the meta moved in a direction TSM's uncomfortable with. There's some unwillingness/discomfort in Bjerg playing meta assassins like Fizz/Ekko, either from Bjerg himself or the team. Last time I remember him doing so was that Kat game early in NALCS where he kinda fed. He also described how difficult a situation it is drafting for TSM; "our jungler keeps inting so gotta put him on like an Ivern", "gotta have Bjerg on a control mage because that's what the team's used to playing around", "gotta give Turtle a safe ADC or he's going to randomly die", etc.

So yeah. Maybe the blame roulette wheel just landed on Parth, but don't forget there's plenty to go around. The only reason Sven's not being called the worst player at MSI is because Trick exists and dear God, Trick.

But really the moral of the story is to watch Post League Time because it's great.

clemenx

Banned
Oh well you tried Flash Wolves, at least you made SKT work for it.

30 minutes in and all that shielding is already ridiculous.

Top Bottom