• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

Newt

EU logic: damn, we're down 2k gold at 25 minutes. Better hide in base while they slowly extend their lead, surely we can comeback.

NA logic: Their entire team is alive and ready? Fk it, lets baron.

Fuck me, I'm weak.

I went on Youtube to watch SKT and KTR recent winning games. Didn't watch anything else though. I also used to watch Individual player streams, such as anyone from the very top teams, such as SKT and KTR.

Youtube speeds at 1.5x and 2x.

Akira

Is there anyone here who watches TOO much LoL professional esports games (NA LCS, EU LCS, China, KR)?

I watch many games and they are time consuming, though I have never played a minute of LoL.

This was like my habit since Season 2 World Championship, when TPA won Worlds.

It has been a week since I watched these games, but they are affecting my dreams.

How do you guys stop thinking of esports?

That's really interesting. I wonder what is the percentage of people who watch Pro League and don't play the game? What made you want to watch? Why hasn't it made you want to at least try playing once?

That's really interesting. I wonder what is the percentage of people who watch Pro League and don't play the game? What made you want to watch? Why hasn't it made you want to at least try playing once?

Watching good teams is entertaining. I know I suck at gaming and I like to watch gamers who are much better than me. I like watching fast playthroughs of good games, such as Lucas Arts Adventure games, Telltale Games, Undertale, Uncharted 4, The Last Of Us, Resident Evil 7, and NIOH recently.

There are a few games that I love to play, such as Dark Souls (died so many times to Biggie Smalls), GTA V and The Witcher 3, though I spent a ton of them on those. I probably would've watched other gamers blaze through.

UoL what the fuck was that. Nobody deserves to win that game.

I'm legitimately upset about the way that game ended. UoL wasn't up against a timer or anything? Why the fuck would you all in for the nexus when you're down a game in a Bo3? Save that for the 'oh shit stuff is falling apart' moment.

Faridmon, if you want a clown fiesta, I believe the second half of G2 vs UoL qualifies for it in spades. People getting caught out, stupid baron calls, a completely nonsensical all in for the nexus where some flashes and heals are still up.

What the fuck happened.

I went for something to eat looking forward to game 3 lmao

UoL forced for the Nexus while all 5 members of G2 were up. All we saw on the screen was Csacsi teleporting into the G2 base and the UoL making a mad dash to the nexus to hit it. Like, that was so stupid I just decided I'm done with the EULCS today.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah I saw the replay. I'm so dumb. Never going to trust a team again.

LOL UoL. EU is fucked. I really hope G2 aren't an embarassment again internationally.

In all seriousness, assuming this isn't just Inori getting shitcanned (which I don't think it is based on gameplay, even if he had a bad week last week) I hope he is able to deal with his personal issue. I wonder how well Meteos will fit in another roster given that we've only ever seen him in C9.

Yeah the first MSF vs VIT game was brutal. It was a combination of boring to watch and really good macro. VIT mostly just got out-visioned.

clemenx

Banned
Maokai needs to die forever.

Change that passive. He shouldn't have that much sustain with that ulti. He ruined this game for me.

Newt

Yeah, out of all the assassins in League, Maokai is the most boring.

Nautilus is another boring assassin.

Newt

02accec18ba7d1add4523954a7223a06.jpg

I used to watch an unhealthy amount of League in seasons 2 and 3 (I saw virtually every game a decently big team played, and almost every OGN game from Summer 2012 - Frost winning - through Summer 2014 - KT Arrows winning) but now I just follow the big teams in NA and KR, and watch playoffs/internationals. EU is my own region and had my favourite teams to watch when I first started playing and watching, but has became less and less compelling to me since so many of its best players have either retired or moved to NA. Odoamne and Zven are the only two players I really care about in its league now. Even the best Korean imports have all moved on (Reignover, Huni, Ryu - and you know Kakao will get a ton of offers for next season if he keeps doing well).

Flyquest with a troll draft in game 1. Deservedly punished by Dignitas, but will be much tougher the get the 2nd win no doubt.

Edit: Damn Hai is determined this Jarvan is going to work. Jarvan/Rumble combo is pretty crazy if it works, but won't be easy to execute vs. Maokai and Zyra.

NSESN

I will sure miss Mao'kai after the nerfs. It can be a broken champion, but is always hilarious it taking a whole 3 seconds to a full damage team to only pop his GA.

clemenx

Banned
I used to watch an unhealthy amount of League in seasons 2 and 3 (I saw virtually every game a decently big team played, and almost every OGN game from Summer 2012 - Frost winning - through Summer 2014 - KT Arrows winning) but now I just follow the big teams in NA and KR, and watch playoffs/internationals. EU is my own region and had my favourite teams to watch when I first started playing and watching, but has became less and less compelling to me since so many of its best players have either retired or moved to NA. Odoamne and Zven are the only two players I really care about in its league now. Even the best Korean imports have all moved on (Reignover, Huni, Ryu - and you know Kakao will get a ton of offers for next season if he keeps doing well).

Flyquest with a troll draft in game 1. Deservedly punished by Dignitas, but will be much tougher the get the 2nd win no doubt.

Edit: Damn Hai is determined this Jarvan is going to work. Jarvan/Rumble combo is pretty crazy if it works, but won't be easy to execute vs. Maokai and Zyra.

Yeah. It's a shame. I've been watching religiously since season 4 and liked both LCS regions all the same but last 2 seasons EU is just boring.

It's crazy, I actually feel that "the gap" grows every season. Every season I find LCK way more fun to watch than anything else.

Memeos saves the day!

Wow. Dignitas botlane getting smashed. Piglet/Matt took first turret w/o any jungle interference and got a solo kill in lane. Now Piglet has a CS lead and a cull, so he's going to hit that 3-4 item spike pretty dang early.

TSM over extended, but it speaks well for C9 to capitalize on it. Maybe not the part where they fell behind in the first place though.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, Svenskeren basically threw when he got into almost nexus turrets chasing someone alone. They never should have fougth there.

Top Bottom