• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

Wait, I tabbed away because I was sure FlyQuest had lost the game. Then I tabbed back and saw the draft screen for FlyQuest v TSM and was so confused. For reference, I tabbed away with the top and bot inhibs down for Fly.

P1 vs C9 game 1:

Zig actually read the map really well about 10 minutes in. Contractz sitting in brush with Impact and Zig just kind of sat by turret, even though he had no wards to warn him about the gank.

Kalentan

Wtf is going on with Cloud 9?

It's insane to think but I do sometimes wonder if teams are paid off to win/lose cause it's like it's not even the same people. I don't get how Cloud 9 can just start playing so fucking badly.

It's the same everything single time. Cloud 9 starts off strong and then starts to fucking suck.

That game was on Impact. Counterpicking his top lane matchup only to get completely stomped by Rumble left his team in a terrible position - they lost both top and bot outer to very easy ganks and couldn't teamfight until late game against a fed Rumble and Curtain Call. They almost managed to scramble a win thanks to P1's stupid attempt to dive nexus towers and Sneaky's good Ezreal play. Crazy statistic from the analysts after the game that C9 are averaging a gold deficit at 15 minutes despite being 8-1 in match score.

Kalentan

Get fucked Cloud 9. Like holy shit what a let down. Happens every fucking time.

If there is one thing these last 3 games have proven, even the one against FlyQuest is that the current Cloud 9 gets by through sheer luck and not by skill. Otherwise they're no better than Bronze teams at many points.

Wtf is going on with Cloud 9?

It's insane to think but I do sometimes wonder if teams are paid off to win/lose cause it's like it's not even the same people. I don't get how Cloud 9 can just start playing so fucking badly.

It's the same everything single time. Cloud 9 starts off strong and then starts to fucking suck.

Really? Every single time? Jump off the hyperbole train. This is literally the first week all season they even had a match loss.

Kalentan

Really? Every single time? Jump off the hyperbole train. This is literally the first week all season they even had a match loss.

If this was their first season all time, then I wouldn't be angry, but this happens. Happened at worlds as well. They start off strong and then begin to falter. It's literally their status quo.

It's just because I want them to do good at worlds and when I see this begin to happen against teams in their same region, it makes me think that, once again, they will not be ready.

If this was their first season all time, then I wouldn't be angry, but this happens. Happened at worlds as well. They start off strong and then begin to falter. It's literally their status quo.

It's just because I want them to do good at worlds and when I see this begin to happen against teams in their same region, it makes me think that, once again, they will not be ready.

Korean teams aside, teams that show up to Worlds with amazing regional win records actually tend to perform remarkably poorly.

And even for the Korean teams, the correlation between their record in their own region and their performance at Worlds isn't really as clear-cut as you'd probably expect.

Calvero

Banned
copypasta from reddit comments

Liquid112 just basically confirmed it on Facebook live
Key points:
Tryout process this week, want to have a set roster by Sunday
They are trying many permutations of roleswaps and new players
Goldenglue > Link in all aspects; unanimously agreed upon by the team
Arcsecond is still contracted and will be considered
Signing new players is a possibility, but difficult due to import rules and small free agent pool
Possible they keep the exact same lineup after the tryouts
They have not contacted Shiphtur, sounded like Liquid112 has never even considered it (wasn't even sure if Shiphtur is contracted). Surprising to me since he sounds like an obvious choice.

i hope i see some roleswaps

zer0das

Banned

It's almost like regression to the mean is a thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel at some point they should do something about iem, there's always issues, pauses and delays, lots of advertisements (thankfully this one was a lot better but massive GILETTE ad every replay is annoying af) and very little competitive worth (they gave perkz an mvp award before the finals were even played, and also the finals were bo3s...)

like teams are straight up making up excuses not to go

international tournaments are awesome, it feels like a big waste that, with time for tournaments being as limited as it is, iem has rarely been able to rise up to the occasion

it should be much better

i feel at some point they should do something about iem, there's always issues, pauses and delays, lots of advertisements (thankfully this one was a lot better but massive GILETTE ad every replay is annoying af) and very little competitive worth (they gave perkz an mvp award before the finals were even played, and also the finals were bo3s...)

like teams are straight up making up excuses not to go

international tournaments are awesome, it feels like a big waste that, with time for tournaments being as limited as it is, iem has rarely been able to rise up to the occasion

it should be much better

It was pretty incredible that the tournament ended up having some real excitement and drama (G2 v ROX, H2K v FW) despite inept organisation and all the pull-outs. It's also probably the biggest win in the Flash Wolves history. They had to show some serious steel to come back against H2K, down 1-0 after a heartbreaking throw and with Karsa feeding them into a large deficit in game 2.

clemenx

Banned
I'm just happy Karsa and Maple have a trophy to their name. They're pretty awesome. Both semis were pretty fun despite the delays.

Yeah, fuch IEM. Riot, give a license to literally anyone else. Lolesports needs another big tourney.

clemenx

Banned
SKT vs KT was insane.

I don't care about a skill gap but the enjoyment and entertaiment gap between Korea and everything else is what's increasing the most

Just to update for those who might have missed it: Piglet moved to the mid lane and a midlane main moved to ADC for TL. :|
f59d55fc6b3d62bf35531010fc308a5656523954_hq.gif

Truly counter log... wait.

KT v SKT game 3 is a good early bid for match of the year. The first two games were high level and enjoyable, with some insane moments (Smeb's TPs & Faker's Shockwave) but game 3 was an instant all-time classic. Features some of the best Equalizers ever from Huni, the most defensive AD build Deft's likely ever gone, one of Mata's best-ever roams, Score's supreme Graves, a flawless game from Bang, Pawn's daredevil Jayce, and Faker somehow making Zed relevant against massed GAs. I'd say they were telling everyone to get on their level, but we all know no one can.

In theory SKT and KT could have 7 series this year (2 in Spring, 1 in Spring finals, 2 in Summer, 1 in Summer finals, 1 in Worlds). I think we might get them. Next one's this Sunday.

Calvero

Banned
lol i don't think IMT botlane smashing TL's should be used as a display of LCS caliber bot lanes

seriously, this is the same botlane that last LCS week lost bot tower against CLG at 5 minutes...twice

Calvero

Banned
Steve "we had to do something, as long as we keep Piglet"Arhancet

Piglet did alright, but taking Youngbin out of challenger or whatever and giving him one week of time together with his support went about as well as expected.

wasn't he back in University. he previously had time in TL Academy.

they must have been so desperate if it's true that they actually asked QT

Steve "we had to do something, as long as we keep Piglet"Arhancet

wasn't he back in University. he previously had time in TL Academy.

I'm not sure. I meant challenger in the sense of the challenger ladder, but I assumed he was on a challenger team too.

It's rare to see a player as raw as Youngbin dumped way out of his depth into the LCS nowadays. Used to happen quite often - especially in EU - back in season 3, but with challenger series and Korean imports it doesn't happen much now. TL must be in desperate straits.

Piglet looked pretty alright in games 1 and 2. Taken with a grain of salt given that he's playing against POB

Weird. Who would've expected the world class ADC player would be good at a champion that relies on kiting effectively to reach maximum potential.

He did better than alright in games 2 and 3 IMO. His flanks on Ahri were deadly and he was able to roam effectively (albeit dying once trying to dive Flame's Poppy) and he had a lot of presence in siege situations without ever getting caught out. His Cass just hard carried after IMT made repeated silly dives on bot lane to fall behind. Shame that it's hard to influence the game like that at AD carry right now.

Yeah his skillshot accuracy was a bit wonky for part of his Ahri game, but I was impressed at how he was always first to roam out of lane.

I'm ready for that world famous Xmithie Rengar.

Edit: THAT FAMOUS XMITHIE RENGAR WITH THE FEED INTO KILLING TWO TEAMMATES.

Was C9 just holding Meteos back? He wasn't nearly this good-looking during his last stint on C9

zkylon

zkylewd
series like those really makes u appreciate dardoch's role as a heel

he's so hateable that it feels SO GOOD when he gets dumpstered

piglet looked pretty good as mid but pobelter is trash so idk :p

Top Bottom