• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, what rank did your smurf get put on after placements? I mean you're already a great gold player so even if you placed Bronze 5 at the end of your placement, due to the sheer amount of skill you have over actual Bronze people, you will still eventually reach Gold after a bunch of games.

I wish Riot could implement an anti bot system of some sort. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bots just using the same type of things that scripts do but without actual player input? If they can somehow remove these bots from the game, they could also be effectively removing scripts. Which is pretty damn good. You'll never gonna improve yourself if you keep relying on bots and scripts anyway. Experience matters in League and as long as you haven't experienced those split second decision, strategic reactions and mechanical plays without the assistance of something not your own, you'll never be better. At least that's my take on it.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh against bot and script users but some of the games I played before League was literally ruined because of bots and scripts running rampant and I don't want it to happen on League.

Oh the smurf ended on bronze 4 going 7-3 in placements lol.

But it was so much fun!

killatopak

Gold Member
Oh the smurf ended on bronze 4 going 7-3 in placements lol.

But it was so much fun!

On my placements, I went 6-4 and landed on Silver 2 so there's definitely some other factor put in placements other than wins.

I actually have a level 11 smurf that I play whenever my connection turns to shit and the game firewalls me. I played it a few days ago and it really was a breath of fresh air. I could play it casually and relaxed that they were one of the most fun games I've had in a while.

In my region, even normals get played super serious and sometimes even more serious than ranked which I find quite good since it actually helps me improve while not feeling bad if I ever lose. It is quite good and all but I find it stressful the more I play because there are those games where the moment you do something wrong, it's like the flood gates were opened and it seems like you get blamed for everything that went wrong with the game. I dunno if it's just me but whenever I play ranked I get nervous and stuff. There's this anxiety because it's a competitive game and in ranked this was more pronounced. It's seeping into normals so I don't play much nowadays except when I get called out by my friends and they want to duo q.

Playing with my smurf account was a relief because you were basically stomping everybody or trying out the new champs in rotation though I feel bad for new players. Just a bit. Doing this relieves the pressure on my main account and then I go back there after I lost my anxiety.

killatopak

Gold Member
qiblhlx.jpg

Fuck this game. Morgana support doesn't buy sightstone or wards so I had to be the bigger man and buy it for them. Renekton DC'd twice within the span of 10 minutes leaving us to 4v5 at those times. Ashe earlier on wouldn't base even if she had 100 hp and the creeps are pushed to her tower making the Morgana mad and leaving her fending for herself. It's not like I didn't make any mistake like where I got counter ganked at mid and failed at peeling for our adc using my ult but when all these pile up in one game its hard not to get frustrated.

Newt

Fuck this game. Morgana support doesn't buy sightstone or wards so I had to be the bigger man and buy it for them. Renekton DC'd twice within the span of 10 minutes leaving us to 4v5 at those times. Ashe earlier on wouldn't base even if she had 100 hp and the creeps are pushed to her tower making the Morgana mad and leaving her fending for herself. It's not like I didn't make any mistake like where I got counter ganked at mid and failed at peeling for our adc using my ult but when all these pile up in one game its hard not to get frustrated.
The more you play this game the less you'll begin to care about normal matches. Basically shitfests.

jerd

Yeah normal matches are 100% about you. Just focus on what you did and if you're satisfied that you played as well as you're able that's cool but if you were able to learn a thing or to or improve something to then that's the best you can hope for from a normal match since your W/L doesn't matter at all

patchday

Hm, bout to start a match with Zed running mid using Teleport/Ignite. This gonna be interesting.

The road to Summoner L23 starts

edit: Yep and he fed just like I guessed he would

Fuzzery

Yeah normal matches are 100% about you. Just focus on what you did and if you're satisfied that you played as well as you're able that's cool but if you were able to learn a thing or to or improve something to then that's the best you can hope for from a normal match since your W/L doesn't matter at all

This is what your mentality should be in ranked too tbh

That way you have no stress at all np

COST 30/35/40/45/50 mana ⇒ 30 mana at all ranks
COOLDOWN9/8/7/6/5 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds at all ranks
DAMAGE 120/140/160/180/200% total Attack Damage ⇒ 140% total Attack Damage at all ranks
SLOW 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 90% at all ranks
SLOW DURATION 2 seconds ⇒ 1 second
What does increasing ranks in Darius' W even do lol

clemenx

Banned
Is there any mmr in aram? Because fuck. These past 2 weeks for some reason I've been playing aram only, just to relax a bit. It was fun at first but these past few days I'm playing against Fiddle/Nid/Sona and other Aram nuisances in almost every fucking game. And needless to say this poke shit has been more annoying than any trolling and feeding I've seen on the rift lol. Aram is dead to me.

Ppl who make aram accounts are scum.

Nekofrog

Banned
ive reached a special level of aram elo hell where EVERY GAME the enemy team has Soraka.

seriously, permaban this champion from that mode rito, pls.

or give each team 3 bans and then once the bans are done the champs are rolled.

Leezard

The Nami buffs are interesting. I think it might be worth it to consider a new item build to utilize her buffed passive. Even 100 AP means you will give 80 ms on regular spells and 160 ms with ult.

What does increasing ranks in Darius' W even do lol

apparently it should be COOLDOWN: 8 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 9/8/7/6/5 seconds instead of the other way around.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Nami buffs are interesting. I think it might be worth it to consider a new item build to utilize her buffed passive. Even 100 AP means you will give 80 ms on regular spells and 160 ms with ult.
i think getting to 100 ap with like upgraded fqc + zeke/banner + runes should be doable?

didn't do the math in my head but sounds about right

you'll be short on mp5 and fqc is pretty bad but u know

Leezard

Morellos/Liandys/Rylias/Mejais build vindicated.
With 600 AP your passive will give 180 ms, ult will give 360 ms. It will be stupid fun in an aram.

i think getting to 100 ap with like upgraded fqc + zeke/banner + runes should be doable?

didn't do the math in my head but sounds about right

you'll be short on mp5 and fqc is pretty bad but u know
I really don't like FQC on Nami. It delays the build so much. :/
FQC is like 50 AP, Zekes is 40 or 50 AP I think.

Let's take the opportunity to think about builds.

Before I wanted max cdr, enough mana and tankiness on Nami. This gave me a relatively flexible FH/Mikaels/Locket build, where Locket/FH could be replaced with Banner/Zekes depending on the game. Coin start means I'll get a Talisman whereas spellthief start means I'll sell it for a quicker FH/Mikaels/whatever item I want.

Now it seems like we want max cdr, enough mana and some AP. Considering the FH nerf and Nami passive buff it might be reasonable to forego some tankiness for some AP. Banner is really expensive now so I don't think we will get it as often, especially considering the Aegis nerfs. All of our tanky items were nerfed, pretty much.

Some paths to max cdr:
10% from runes/masteries:
  • Talisman/FQC + Mikaels + Zekes/Locket/Banner
  • FH + Locket/Banner/Talisman/FQC/Mikaels
  • Morello/Athenes + Zekes/Locket/Banner/Mikaels/Talisman/FQC

5% from runes/masteries, either you get one more 10% cdr item or you get Lucidity boots. For Lucidity:
  • Lucidity + Mikaels/Zekes + Talisman/FQC
  • Lucidity + FH
Mobility boots rule, so we kinda need enough movespeed anyway. Maybe Lucidity + Talisman is enough. We still really want Mikaels though. Spooky ghosts might be an ok buy if we go for lucidity, Nami struggles at face checking in the late game anyway. It's probably not worth it to go lucidity though.

Mikaels is still a core item. You could skip it by rushing FH, but rushing FH will become less common. Mikaels + Morello might not be a terrible buy if you go spellthief and do not finish FQC.

edit: this went on to become longer than I expected.

nah if you really wanna optimize namis build you need to have mikaels, locket, and ionian boots. those give u 40% cdr and any other item u build past those are probably gonna be some form of defensive stats like randuins or if ur a fkn troll thornmail.

Newt

nah if you really wanna optimize namis build you need to have mikaels, locket, and ionian boots. those give u 40% cdr and any other item u build past those are probably gonna be some form of defensive stats like randuins or if ur a fkn troll thornmail.
Core item ardent cencor.

Leezard

I'd rather stick to the old mobility, mikaels, FH in that case. 10% cdr from runes + masteries is too good to skip and you will miss out on the mobility boots mobility.

Lucidity + Talisman + Mikaels might be ok though for those cases you want to start coin.

I think Kalista needs nuking some more.

You'd run out of mana way before you would get full use out of the 40% CDR. Proper boots and FH is a much better buy, both literally and value wise.

zkylon

zkylewd
so skins are zed, fiora, lucy and then maybe leona (it's only a shield so could be braum?) and mystery person

would be cool if it was a new champion

tho not assassin and not support and wields a weird sword means it's gonna be something lame like a bruiser

yuck

just build mikaels.
that's what i generally do with nami, was just entertaining leezy's idea

i don't like the idea of building morellos or athenes on nami cos i don't like building items on supports that have zero utility on them, but maybe?

last time i went coin+zeke and felt pretty good on mana so i dunno 100% how core mikaels is, but i don't play much support lately so can't really say ofr sure. obviously a lot worse than having mikaels, but it wasn't like sona or whatever.

also i feel lucidity is just not a great idea, boots 5 are too good to even consider anything else i feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom