• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here currently playing with pings below 80? If so, I'm jealous.

I regularly play with 52 or 54 ping. I'm down here in Tijuana, BC.
So if Trump were to play League, he would be mad af right now.

I'll weep when they switch the servers since I definitely improved twenty times mechanically wise once I went down from 90-100~ regular to 50-60~ regular. I'll probably either stop playing much much less or play like two champions since I would feel devastated every time I wouldn't be able to perform a sequence of abilities and movements as I know I would normally be able to.

I remember the day my ping went down to 54 I went ahead and gave Azir a revisit. I fell in love with the game all over again.

Bacon

What's a good for rengar the few games I played with him I never got to late game.

In jungle I go machete - hydra - Warrior. From there if i'm super fed I'll grab a brut and sit on it until later when I upgrade it to Youmoos, or just go tank and skip the brut.

It's probably a bit of a risky build but whatever if I'm playing Rengar I want to fuck around and yolo

patchday

oh btw I saw they released the Sept list. I saw a couple of things it would be nice to have- Dragonblade Talon & Debonair Vi. Wouldn't mind Irelia as well

wat

corki takes 0 skill

ezreal has to land like 30000 skillshots to do 12 damage to anyone.

say what its time to take Corki for a spin soon then. Still haven't played him even tho I've always owned him (since hes a starter pack hero)

kenbo

Cait has the purest form of adc mechanics in the game

Not many pro players are that great at her and it's really a testament to how hard it is to maximise her laning and her mid game

Definitely one of the hardest adcs to really play

People talk about how draven and Kallista are so hard but the reality is that if you're merely proficient with their mechanics then you get free lanes and free mid games

Cait has to maintain auto spacing and but also utilise every single auto because she doesn't get bullshit scaling or random spells like other adc to make up for not auto attacking

----

Pants are dragon juggernaut rework impression is that everybody is stronger in team fights and weaker in lane. Morde is ok bot lane just max W. Metagame will now be ad focused

Also, Darius gets 200 bonus ad on 5 stack or ult kill? That sounds way too much. Killsteal the tank kill and then righteous glory and give the carries

Newt

Cait has the purest form of adc mechanics in the game

Not many pro players are that great at her and it's really a testament to how hard it is to maximise her laning and her mid game

Definitely one of the hardest adcs to really play

People talk about how draven and Kallista are so hard but the reality is that if you're merely proficient with their mechanics then you get free lanes and free mid games

Cait has to maintain auto spacing and but also utilise every single auto because she doesn't get bullshit scaling or random spells like other adc to make up for not auto attacking

----

Pants are dragon juggernaut rework impression is that everybody is stronger in team fights and weaker in lane. Morde is ok bot lane just max W. Metagame will now be ad focused

Also, Darius gets 200 bonus ad on 5 stack or ult kill? That sounds way too much. Killsteal the tank kill and then righteous glory and give the carries
I wouldn't say Cait is tougher to play than Draven, because they both have to effectively bully their lane, but it's true she has a very high skillcap.

Darius only gets 200 bonus AD at level 18 and he lost some base damage so it shouldn't be that bad

Also you can actually itemize against him now since he no longer does all types of damage anymore. RIP ADCs if he has flash tho

jerd

And he has even less way to get to the back line than before assuming they didn't add the move speed back in on his passive

faridmon

Time your E so you use it to speed out of the way when you see him throw a move, all his spells are pretty telegraphed. My finest ever Sona moment had me 1v1 a Xerath as I literally ran circles around him while he missed all his spells.

Hm, I'll try this advice for next time. Believe it or not I have played Xereth twice in a day with Sona. He counters her or something?

how 2 play darius

dont play him
My version of how to play Darius:
Darius%20Victory_zpssbk0a0i9.png

zkylon

zkylewd
so apparently changes coming to zyra in 5.17

cool

i hope the changes make her more fun midlane, i need someone to get me out of the depression of the inevitable cinderhulk ignite lissandra or whatever monstruosity comes out of that shitty buff they're giving her ;_;

drawkcaB

so apparently changes coming to zyra in 5.17

cool

i hope the changes make her more fun midlane, i need someone to get me out of the depression of the inevitable cinderhulk ignite lissandra or whatever monstruosity comes out of that shitty buff they're giving her ;_;

The change is evidently even smaller in scope than the MF changes. Which is a shame because as much as I love Zyra the whole "natural infestor" vibe she has going on is undercooked. I'd love to see a passive change that let's her and/or her plants better interact with the terrain of the rift.

Also, I'd love it if they ditched the CDR on W but in return significantly increased the time a spore can stay active before needing to be sprouted. It would really cement her counter initiation role if she could plant a small farm of spores prior to an opponents engage.

patchday

^^^ Did I read that right Lissandra is getting buffed? I might have misread

I saw Zyra is on sale but her kit doesn't look too exciting to me. Waiting for her to hit free rotation. At the moment I actually feel like I have way too many champions. Cant possibly ever master them all with as long as these Summoner Rift matches go.

And ARAM kept putting me on Riven back-to-back lol

zkylon

zkylewd
lizzy is getting a non-buff that will only hurt her chances of getting a real buff so don't get too excited :/

The change is evidently even smaller in scope than the MF changes. Which is a shame because as much as I love Zyra the whole "natural infestor" vibe she has going on is undercooked. I'd love to see a passive change that let's her and/or her plants better interact with the terrain of the rift.

Also, I'd love it if they ditched the CDR on W but in return significantly increased the time a spore can stay active before needing to be sprouted. It would really cement her counter initiation role if she could plant a small farm of spores prior to an opponents engage.
yea, i think she'd be a bit more fun if plants lived longer and her gameplay revolved more around them, maybe add some ways of directing who plants are targeting might be nice

like, right now zyra feels a bit like she's bursty for the sake of it, but meta is favoring consistent dmg mids so if they tweaked her out to be like a plant azir i wouldn't mind so much. take some burst away from her ult but maybe make it give her plants like double hp or something

killatopak

Gold Member
And ARAM kept putting me on Riven back-to-back lol
Best champ. <3

lizzy is getting a non-buff that will only hurt her chances of getting a real buff so don't get too excited :/
I actually bought Zyra. Tried her out mid and thought she has subpar wave clear but can easily delete champs.

Support for her is much better. I think I'll use her as my counter engage supp. I liked her so much I bought her fire skin.

zkylon

zkylewd
two months until worlds, plenty of time for rito to casually buff mordekaiser until he suddenly takes over the meta <3

I'm kinda hoping that the Worlds patch is such a spaghetii piece of shit that they cancel worlds because they were such huge drastic changes that nobody can recover by rolling back to a previous patch.

killatopak

Gold Member
5.16 will be the most drastic patch until worlds end so that ain't happening. The next few patches will just be balance stuff. You'll have to wait for preseason to get the spaghetti stuff.

5.16 will be the most drastic patch until worlds end so that ain't happening. The next few patches will just be balance stuff. You'll have to wait for preseason to get the spaghetti stuff.

yeah but what if 5.16 introduces some stealth bugs that don't become known until worlds and then it becomes rampant as fuck

ghost-dota draft fuck democrazy

patchday

Kind of funny at my level (21) in normal draft everyone bans Heimerdinger with a quickness. I couldn't even ban him this last match cause the other team leader beat me to it

Oh my God, I hate LeBlanc. When someone is damn good with her, they're just vicious. Two pops and we were dropping like flies.

Yeah had a dude begging me to ban Leblanc my last match so you're not alone

jerd

I only play teambuilder when i play norms and never takes me more than 2-3 minutes to find a game.

Everyone thinks it takes forever to find a teambuilder game which leads to fewer people playing the most convenient mode in the game

zkylon

zkylewd
I only play teambuilder when i play norms and never takes me more than 2-3 minutes to find a game.

Everyone thinks it takes forever to find a teambuilder game which leads to fewer people playing the most convenient mode in the game
in my server you can be waiting for like 15 minutes

it's a snowball effects that it takes so long to find games that no one tries and so it takes longer etc etc

i wish they would just remove regular blind pick and make it teambuilder only

patchday

have u ever tried finding a jungler and support

its impossible.

I love jungling I would've thought that spot would be gone with a quickness.

I gets my jungle on with Pantheon now. He's got so much swag. Just charges straight into enemy tower and smashing enemy champs just not giving a fudge. I think hes gonna be my new main. Will play Talon mid if I cant get jungle/top with Pantheon. Leona/Karma are my support

Hm, I still love Vi too though

* And to think I got pantheon on accident from Mystery Champion box. Riot u know whats best for me yo

That's why support mains love teambuilder. Instant queues.

LOL! Looking forward to trying out this teambuilder. I'm still too scrub (21). Not worthy yet

Damn first rank game in a while and I get a 3v5 cause a duo just d/c. Came back complained about comcast dropping then dropped again. =(

Would of been an easy victory too...

faridmon

Just started a game where we have 4 ap and a Gnar with no ADC. Its gonna be one funny game
one we are going to lose

also, the other guys started banning Morgana, never thought I see that day.

killatopak

Gold Member
played my first three ranked match and got 80 lp. feelsgoodman.
untitledvlsol.png

As long as you keep winning with those LP gains, you'll skip Silver 3 and go straight to Silver 2. This is especially true when you just started playing ranked or just right after placements. Your MMR is trying to find what rank you belong but with just a small sample size such as yours it's gonna think that you belong in a much higher tier especially with a 100% win rate after placements. This is why you are seeing 20-40 lp per win and a small amount per loss.

I think after a higher number of games, you'll gonna be seeing this less because it'll be much harder to increase your win ratio when you have hundreds of games. For now, I advise you to always play ranked prepared and be ready as much as possible. Don't play ranked if you think you're not motivated enough.

Source: Me. It happened to me every promo. I skipped a tier 3 times.

killatopak

Gold Member
Yep. Bots to level their accounts.

I don't understand. If you want to level another account, wouldn't you want it win much more meaning you can't rely on a bot because things such as these happens and you lose a lot compared to when you're playing it yourself.

Doesn't normals and aram have a hidden mmr different from ranked? I think during your first placements, since you don't have an actual mmr yet because it's a fresh account, solo q is using your normals mmr and matching you with people with the same mmr. Doesn't this mean that the more you win on normals the greater the chance of you having a higher rank at the end of your provisions?

Unless of course yolo new account for shit and giggles.

patchday

Man tough to play the other modes besides Rift due to the bots :(

I think only 3 of us were human in that match lol (myself, Anivia, and Katarina)

I don't understand. If you want to level another account, wouldn't you want it win much more meaning you can't rely on a bot because things such as these happens and you lose a lot compared to when you're playing it yourself.

Doesn't normals and aram have a hidden mmr different from ranked? I think during your first placements, since you don't have an actual mmr yet because it's a fresh account, solo q is using your normals mmr and matching you with people with the same mmr. Doesn't this mean that the more you win on normals the greater the chance of you having a higher rank at the end of your provisions.

Unless of course yolo new account for shit and giggles.

I don't think they give a fuck if bots win or lose. They just have it running all night wake up and it's like +10 levels. Normal MMR is also different than rank. Like on one of my smurf I got to gold on it, but it's normal mmr is straight bronze.

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't think they give a fuck if bots win or lose. They just have it running all night wake up and it's like +10 levels. Normal MMR is also different than rank. Like on one of my smurf I got to gold on it, but it's normal mmr is straight bronze.

The question is, what rank did your smurf get put on after placements? I mean you're already a great gold player so even if you placed Bronze 5 at the end of your placement, due to the sheer amount of skill you have over actual Bronze people, you will still eventually reach Gold after a bunch of games.
Man tough to play the other modes besides Rift due to the bots :(

I think only 3 of us were human in that match lol (myself, Anivia, and Katarina)

I wish Riot could implement an anti bot system of some sort. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bots just using the same type of things that scripts do but without actual player input? If they can somehow remove these bots from the game, they could also be effectively removing scripts. Which is pretty damn good. You'll never gonna improve yourself if you keep relying on bots and scripts anyway. Experience matters in League and as long as you haven't experienced those split second decision, strategic reactions and mechanical plays without the assistance of something not your own, you'll never be better. At least that's my take on it.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh against bot and script users but some of the games I played before League was literally ruined because of bots and scripts running rampant and I don't want it to happen on League.

kenbo

For normals, if you're not terrible your elo should move you out of bot territory really fast.

Scripts are the problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom