• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Riot must love newbies like myself. So yesterday I see Pantheon's Dragon Slayer skin going on sale and I wished I had the champion so I could buy it. But I was planning to save the IP to buy Pantheon later in a few months.

Anyways... I see the Mystery Champion thing yesterday so figure I'd buy 1 champ that way. Was hoping for a 6300 ip champ like Elise or Lucian. Anyway I land on Panthoen lol. So played him in a match, won it due to the exceptional team I was on, etc and decided to buy the skin.

Riot is looting my wallet like I'm a chest lol. I usually buy at least 2800 RP bout every couple of weeks (2-3)

I played my first game after getting a rank. I had to play Annie mid in Zed, I lost lane early cause his w>e>q did like half of my health. But my top lane won lane and my bot lane didn't farm better than the other team. The thing about the other team was that they where all ad so it should have been easy but we didn't have an tank expect lulu and Warwick. We where winning the match in the middle of the game by letting them go in and we counting their engage because of lulu ult , my ult and Warwick ult. We kept winning fights like that til our top lane morde stays mid when we where all trying to back off. Then they rush us and we get aced and they take baron. After a bunch of turtling for every we lose all 3 inhib and both nexus tower. The other team gets greedy and we ace then and push to win.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Caitlyn has an extremely high skill cap. One of the hardest ADCs to really master.

Sofo

2944c27f1c.jpg

I mean idk, I feel like a hero has just died.

garath

Ashe = 0 mechanics. You can get away with doing nothing but pressing W and the occasional R to set up for your teammates.

Maybe if you want to do next to no damage.

Ashe requires really good positioning and kiting ability. She has 0 escapes and a mild slowing attack. Her nerfed Q is a lot harder to charge now and requires some thought to get the most out of it. She's not that easy to play.

TL;DR: On August 25, the NA game servers will move to a new, centralized location in Chicago, Illinois. This move, along with other components of the NA Server Roadmap, should improve connection quality for the vast majority of NA players. West Coast players will see an uptick in raw ping numbers, but should also see that uptick mitigated by connection improvements in the form of better overall stability and reduced packet loss. We’ll follow up the server move with a weekend stress test (complete with Party IP) from August 28 - 30. More details below.
vv49C.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rito Costy, savior of the east coast.

And so comes the Destroyer of League, the server move. After Costy cast his evil powers to not only stop work on Dragon Master Swain, he also took our Servers away. This is the end.

Ambition

Playing against a good Kalista has to be one of the most frustrating things i have ever experienced in this game. Fuck me

I can't wait for server move, especially since I live in Illinois just 2 hours away from Chicago. I'm at a healthy 80 ping right now. I look forward to the future.

Anyone here play a lot of Gnar? I bought him on an impulse, and damn he is fun. However, I just about always lose laning phase in CS by a good 20-30. I am using a very tanky build, and am rethinking if I should try a more focused offensive set of runes/masteries.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I might actually start playing ranked again if my ping drop below ~100.

Diamond here I come.

I moved from 110 ping to 70 ping in June and have gone from Gold 3 to Plat 4 (in my promos for Plat 3 right now). Some of that has been taking the game more seriously, but I find I hit and dodge a few more skill shots than I used to which definitely helps as well.

garath

I moved from 110 ping to 70 ping in June and have gone from Gold 3 to Plat 4 (in my promos for Plat 3 right now). Some of that has been taking the game more seriously, but I find I hit and dodge a few more skill shots than I used to which definitely helps as well.

I don't think it's a placebo effect at all. The difference between 120 and 90 ping is pretty significant imo. The game just feels better.

killatopak

Gold Member
Ping improves my matches by allowing me to cs more and dodge skill shots better. Split second mechanical stuff like lee sin and azir insec is also almost impossible without relatively low ping.

So the people that are good and are whining about their ping increasing can stop bitching as well

Nah because riots just punishing them. We'll still do good, but it's a punishment never-the-less.

They should just let you select servers in various locations. Monetizing different servers is stupid as fuck.

Fracas

#fuckonami
i just wasted an hour of my life playing a game with a fed annie that refused to actually do anything

I mean we would literally one shot their jinx then everyone backed while I'm warrior into full tank vi trying to push waves and pinging like a madman to no avail

where the fuck am i

Arthrus

There are definitely days when I can't play Lee Sin because of ping. It's a very real issue for some champs. The fact that I'm on wifi doesn't help either, but that's a different issue (if my neighbour decides to use their microwave, I DC until their food is ready).

On days when the ping averages above 120, I play a lot of Singed.

There are definitely days when I can't play Lee Sin because of ping. It's a very real issue for some champs. The fact that I'm on wifi doesn't help either, but that's a different issue (if my neighbour decides to use their microwave, I DC until their food is ready).

On days when the ping averages above 120, I play a lot of Singed.
wat

faridmon

OK I had 2 games (both Sona) with one being really bad against Xereth where all his ability hit me. Its really hard t dodge his stuff or he was good at reading me

But the second one against a Thresh went really good and had S-. The trick I found is to actually go for thresh and make him try to hook you and then dodge.

If anyone have a tip how to play against a Xereth (with Sona) I would gladly listen.

I've had 5 ekkos games in a row and 4 yasuos in a row

All lost

I tend to ban Ekko if I am in charge, but maybe I shouldn't from the sound of things.

Feebastic

OK I had 2 games (both Sona) with one being really bad against Xereth where all his ability hit me. Its really hard t dodge his stuff or he was good at reading me

But the second one against a Thresh went really good and had S-. The trick I found is to actually go for thresh and make him try to hook you and then dodge.

If anyone have a tip how to play against a Xereth (with Sona) I would gladly listen.

Time your E so you use it to speed out of the way when you see him throw a move, all his spells are pretty telegraphed. My finest ever Sona moment had me 1v1 a Xerath as I literally ran circles around him while he missed all his spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom