• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

i use baron replays

i think for sharing u should probably just obs your game and upload that, it's way more useful that way cos you show like your clicks and your tendencies better since it's everything from your perspective alone
Oh yeah I forgot that I used to stream. I could just do local streaming or let twitch save them for me.

I feel like we should try inhouses again since we have more people in high gold and plat now.

Oh yeah I forgot that I used to stream. I could just do local streaming or let twitch save them for me.

I feel like we should try inhouses again since we have more people in high gold and plat now.
Last time we did inhouse I got rekt because I didn't play in like 2 weeks and just went straight in. I would like to do another inhouse it was a lot of fun last time.

Hey folks - I'm really sorry to have to break this news, but Kindred will not actually be out tomorrow (as this champ spotlight release would lead you to believe). Unfortunately, we've found an issue very late that keeps us from wanting to release this champ to players just yet. We have it fixed internally, but it won't be able to go to players until 5.20 (next week). I'm very sorry for the video tease and the misleading implication, and we really can't wait to get this champ into your hands.
Well that's that

Fracas

#fuckonami
Haven't played her since the announcement - is Kindred's passive dmg still uncapped on monsters?

edit: googled and it got nerfed, damn. that was fun (and broken) as hell

Nekofrog

Banned
league related tip of the day:

if you play with rex and use the super galaxy rumble skin, his head will literally explode into a frothy mix of brain and rage.

garath

I like gaf games. Though I usually play oddball (to me) champs so subsequently do less than great lol.

They're usually lots of fun though. At least the few ive participated in.

I like gaf games. Though I usually play oddball (to me) champs so subsequently do less than great lol.

They're usually lots of fun though. At least the few ive participated in.
Yeah I do the same when I play normals with my friends now. I just play champs that are fun, I don't really care if we win or not. But when I play ranked I go full try hard.

faridmon

Help, I am stuck in low elo and I won't be able to get out :(

Just when I have improved as a supp, knowing when to roam and how to help the ganks (thanks to dookertops or however that name goes), I am lined up with just some of the most brain dead ADC and get frustrated because of it, because I just end up doing stupid mistakes here and there as the match goes on.

ah well, maybe when I hit the bottom, I'll just start learn about mid and top plays.

If anyone is a bronze level and wnats to dou sometimes let me know.

Bacon

Help, I am stuck in low elo and I won't be able to get out :(

Just when I have improved as a supp, knowing when to roam and how to help the ganks (thanks to dookertops or however that name goes), I am lined up with just some of the most brain dead ADC and get frustrated because of it, because I just end up doing stupid mistakes here and there as the match goes on.

ah well, maybe when I hit the bottom, I'll just start learn about mid and top plays.

If anyone is a bronze level and wnats to dou sometimes let me know.

Yeah man its rough. I've been queuing normal games exclusively because my mmr is much higher there and the stakes are lower. I just did a ranked game tonight for the first time in forever and I swear our sion was talking about how the game was over before we even got to the 5 minute mark, and he hadn't even died or anything he just got shoved to tower and was having a hard time csing. Most people at low elo just fundamentally don't understand the game and it's frustrating.

faridmon

Yeah man its rough. I've been queuing normal games exclusively because my mmr is much higher there and the stakes are lower. I just did a ranked game tonight for the first time in forever and I swear our sion was talking about how the game was over before we even got to the 5 minute mark, and he hadn't even died or anything he just got shoved to tower and was having a hard time csing. Most people at low elo just fundamentally don't understand the game and it's frustrating.

The one thing that annoys me is when people chase with no wards. Common sense should tell you that the one you are chasing will probably run towards an ally that have full health, itemised and ready to ambush, perhaps with 1 or more allies. That just ticks me off. We all make mistakes and I am actually OK when people lose 1v1 or whatever, but when people chase or overstay/push enemy's jungle just makes me pissed off.

Yeah shoving into towers at low elo's will denies them so much cs you just have to make sure that you have wards, so you don't get rekted by the jungler.
Also bacon if you want to dou again, I should be free this weekend.

zkylon

zkylewd
as we always say, stop focusing on your teammates, the only thing that's remains constant in all your games is you so if you're not ranking up, it most surely means that you're not playing at the level required for u to rank up. easy as that, truth hurts ;_;

and it's not that you don't carry enough or that you don't play the high skillcap champions or your mechanics aren't so great.

just focus on:
- vision:
are you buying enough wards (yes, pinks too) and placing them in smart places? if you don't already, try looking for opportunities to ward the enemy jungle, not just place a few in your lane. work that trinket/sighstone! also remember to get red/blue trinket asap laning ends

- csing:
don't be bad at csing like newt. kill chickens or golems or whatever every time you can and just practice last hitting. you can try that 10 minute challenge thing against intermediate bot mf if you want, it helps. if you're support you could try and learn how to set up cs for your adc

- don't die:
you don't need to chase after every kill, sometimes sending someone to base is enough to put you in the lead, just push the wave, shop and you're already winning. use wards not to get ganked, don't try to 1v3 outplays, don't be out of position for no reason, etc. basically, start thinking that you should be dying way less and start playing around that

- learn to get carried:
if you're like 0-2 in lane because you're like against teemo or something, learn not to be a bigger problem for your team. your jungler might or might not help you, you can't really do much about that, so stop making it worse. if you got beaten two times, it's not likely that you'll defeat them on the third try. just play far back as to not get harassed, and farm under turret as it's slowly chipped down. it'll go down eventually but it's better than you being killed and it going down anyways. if you can't farm at least get exp. if they freeze the lane you're screwed but you can try and roam somewhere and maybe get a turret, stuff like that.

- objectives:
always think of objectives. you got a kill? can you take mid? can you take dragon? are enemy adc and mid bot and you can rush baron? sometimes it's only a jungle camp or like scuttler or maybe a big wave, but that's fine too

- use pings:
ppl aren't mindreaders, be that person that uses pings a lot. just don't spam BACK BACK BACK when jungler is doing you a favor and pushing your wave after a kill

- play easy champions that scale well:
forget about zed, yasuo, azir, kalista, whatever. these champions not only require you to have good mechanics but also really good decisionmaking which is something that if you're in plat or less you probably don't have lol. stick to the easier and less glamorous champions. you can look in lolking or champion.gg for the ones that have pretty good winrates. so you know, malphite, jinx, janna, that kind of thing. there's gotta be a champion like that that you find fun.

- develop a small but reliable champion pool:
don't play like a billion different champions/lanes, just pick a lane and learn to support and that's it.

- don't talk if you're gonna say something negative:
don't say "why", "gg" or any of that shit. morale is silly important in the game and i've seen a lot of easy games being lost because someone gave up and ragequit. just don't say anything unless it's something like "we can drag", "oom", or whatever. don't reply to ragers and also don't be a kiss ass lol

not necessarily a holy bible of bronze tips or whatever but u know, some generic tips that might help

edit: basically don't just go through the motions, give some thought on why, how and when you do things in the game, watch videos on wave management, smart trading, powerspikes, coming back, win conditions, all that fancy crap. stop assuming you're better than you are, that way you can learn all that cool stuff and with that newfound knowledge you'll rise up pretty easy, even if it's not super quick.

ChrisD

Popping in to say that as a complete newbie playing with and against other newbies and (sigh) smurfs, setting up CS for your partner works... not too well in low level public games. I've only been playing Support, and every time I've tried to set things up for them I'm called out for stealing.

I'm totally the reason for most of our losses, I'm not denying that. But it bugs me when I try to help and my ADC is all PING PING PING BACK UP YOU *. They even do it when I try to help with kills by using slows. May get that last hit, you know! =p

Quonny

Popping in to say that as a complete newbie playing with and against other newbies and (sigh) smurfs, setting up CS for your partner works... not too well in low level public games. I've only been playing Support, and every time I've tried to set things up for them I'm called out for stealing.

I'm totally the reason for most of our losses, I'm not denying that. But it bugs me when I try to help and my ADC is all PING PING PING BACK UP YOU *. They even do it when I try to help with kills by using slows. May get that last hit, you know! =p

To be fair, unless you're duoing with someone and know how they play, you shouldn't be setting up anything CS-wise (unless it's under tower). You're pushing the wave and adding stress to the lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
To be fair, unless you're duoing with someone and know how they play, you shouldn't be setting up anything CS-wise (unless it's under tower). You're pushing the wave and adding stress to the lane.
yeah this is a good rule of thumb

i mean, it's not that you're the reason for your losses, but your elo is yours and if you're bronze then you probably got a lot to improve on. that's true for all elos, probably, although the higher you go the better handle ppl have in the basics which is a thing that low elo players really fail at

HowZatOZ

Banned

I just love playing as Thresh support with shield and getting called out for killing minions when my charges are up. I only do it when we need HP but its just hilarious that even in gold people still don't understand Ancient Shield.

killatopak

Gold Member
To be fair, it's pretty damn hard to get out of low elo by being a support main. It's probably better if you use carry champs up until silver to gold at least then get back to your main role.

Quonny

I'd argue support is the best role to get out of bronze.

Vision (lol wards all the way up through gold), saving the terrible ADC from bad positioning, ability to make big plays with high impact supports like Thresh and Braum, etc.

Play Thresh, get good at Thresh, get out of the shitter that is bronze.

We've been talking about possible TP changes for the preseason. It's a spell that creates some really cool amounts and allows a range of additional strategies. Current thinking is that it may have become a bit too mandatory in many cases however, which then ends up reducing overall diversity rather than creating it. If that's the conclusion we settle on we'll probably make some small nerfs to it (CD at a guess).
tumblr_inline_npv11fZn8m1qjrpt1_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
To be fair, it's pretty damn hard to get out of low elo by being a support main. It's probably better if you use carry champs up until silver to gold at least then get back to your main role.
i have a few friends that rode support from bronze to high plat so i dunno, i don't think you need to "solo carry" (as in yasuo/vayne/riven/lee sin) to climb at all.

just be a reliable element for your team, reliable over time is good

I'd argue support is the best role to get out of bronze.

Vision (lol wards all the way up through gold), saving the terrible ADC from bad positioning, ability to make big plays with high impact supports like Thresh and Braum, etc.

Play Thresh, get good at Thresh, get out of the shitter that is bronze.
i'd say thresh is probably over your skill level if you're bronze, i'd suggest playing something like janna or leona better, they're more straightforward and they take a lot less mechanics to play at an acceptable level

with thresh you gotta be pretty decent at the champion to make him work

- learn to get carried:
if you're like 0-2 in lane because you're like against teemo or something, learn not to be a bigger problem for your team. your jungler might or might not help you, you can't really do much about that, so stop making it worse. if you got beaten two times, it's not likely that you'll defeat them on the third try. just play far back as to not get harassed, and farm under turret as it's slowly chipped down. it'll go down eventually but it's better than you being killed and it going down anyways. if you can't farm at least get exp. if they freeze the lane you're screwed but you can try and roam somewhere and maybe get a turret, stuff like that.
This is the thing I wish my teammates would learn, it hurts me when I'm jungle and this happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah probably nothing fancy, just raising the cd on both uses is enough to make it less oppressive

at least so that ppl don't use it midlane. it just feels wrong when i play ori with tp

yeah but sometimes there are also cases where your team can't capitalize on your plays. It sucks when that happens.
i guess, but that probably applies to all roles

This is the thing I wish my teammates would learn, it hurts me when I'm jungle and this happens.
sadly no one ever learns that lesson

yeah but sometimes there are also cases where your team can't capitalize on your plays. It sucks when that happens.

When you play Zyra or full damage Annie support, most of your plays end up killing everything in sight which means that you don't have to worry about teammates following up =P

or AP Blitzcrank

patchday

Won using Janna, as long I put shield on the corret champs, the teamfight is already won except for the suicide Vayne that kept blaming me for letting her die alones against 5 enemies.

Those heels always killing me.

Thats why no one wants to play support/jungler. Cause randoms are nozzles that blame 'supports'/junglers for their bad positioning. I have a hard time anytime I try to learn a new support champion due to nozzes

Granted, they might be right sometimes tho

damn man, that was harsh

but srs let's do more ranked 5s

I wasn't trying to be harsh, just some observations. He was way better than most ADC's I play with, but those are something I noticed.

as we always say, stop focusing on your teammates, the only thing that's remains constant in all your games is you so if you're not ranking up, it most surely means that you're not playing at the level required for u to rank up. easy as that, truth hurts ;_;

and it's not that you don't carry enough or that you don't play the high skillcap champions or your mechanics aren't so great.

just focus on:

not necessarily a holy bible of bronze tips or whatever but u know, some generic tips that might help

edit: basically don't just go through the motions, give some thought on why, how and when you do things in the game, watch videos on wave management, smart trading, powerspikes, coming back, win conditions, all that fancy crap. stop assuming you're better than you are, that way you can learn all that cool stuff and with that newfound knowledge you'll rise up pretty easy, even if it's not super quick.

Great advice in general.

It's hard to set people for CS unless you are being obvious about it at a tower. You shouldn't do it away from the tower at all unless you have really good coordination with your teammate.

drawkcaB

Just as a mind exercise, it'd be kinda neat if Summoner Spells started off weaker than their current iterations but would have multiple upgrade paths kinda like trinkets in exchange for gold.

Take TP as an example. It starts with the same CD but no longer has reduced CD when used on towers. Pay some gold and you can have that passive back, or you could upgrade it to give a movement speed boost after use, or a slightly shorted CD, etc. So while the player could opt to get that upgrade early if the cost is right (475g?) they're giving their opponent an opportunity to invest their own gold in combat stats.

Quonny

Just as a mind exercise, it'd be kinda neat if Summoner Spells started off weaker than their current iterations but would have multiple upgrade paths kinda like trinkets in exchange for gold.

Take TP as an example. It starts with the same CD but no longer has reduced CD when used on towers. Pay some gold and you can have that passive back, or you could upgrade it to give a movement speed boost after use, or a slightly shorted CD, etc. So while the player could opt to get that upgrade early if the cost is right (475g?) they're giving their opponent an opportunity to invest their own gold in combat stats.

SMITE does this. It's kinda cool, but also kinda complicated.

zkylon

zkylewd
Never ending pain.
it's kind of a difficult lesson cos the player that needs it the most, the riven and yasuo players and whatnot, are the least likely to learn it cos they have that solo carry mentality so engraived in their brains

Thats why no one wants to play support/jungler. Cause randoms are nozzles that blame 'supports'/junglers for their bad positioning. I have a hard time anytime I try to learn a new support champion due to nozzes

Granted, they might be right sometimes tho
i've never felt i was harassed any more or less when playing support

the only holy bible for bronze is if you think its a good idea its not
lol true

so like those boot enchants for all spells?

i'm not sure that's a complexity we need or if much would be gained from that since so much about the game is spent on real scaling items and you're spending a lot of gold into things you can use maybe once ever 3 minutes at best.

i mean, don't get me wrong, i think it's cool adding options, just dunno how the tuning is gonna be, because these cooldowns are so high that for an upgrade to be important it should be pretty noticeable, but if it's something pretty crazy then it should probably cost a lot of money and then it might be a really feast or famine thing of "you missed one teleport and now you're super behind" thing that might not turn out great

i'd be open to the idea, just don't really know if the game should revolve around summoner spells any more than it already does. i just think it's too complicated and dunno how much it would add

also i just think summoner spells themselves for the most part are fine, they just need to nerf tp. make it 6m for starters, or something. you could then have the cd scale down with levels so it's 5m (like now) at lvl 18 or whatever and you still have your splitpushing and lategame strategy, but you give the edge back a little to ignite users and aggressive bot lanes and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom