• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
whoa that's cool, fucking finally. hope they go through lux's next, she could use em

Vi_Splash_4.jpg

Brand_Splash_2.jpg

Ezreal_Splash_3.jpg

Masteryi_Splash_1.jpg

Masteryi_Splash_2.jpg

MonkeyKing_Splash_3.jpg

unfortunately none of those skins matter in the slightest to me but it's a start

vandal brand's kind of hilarious tho

Newt

I don't know why, but I feel like I win the games I'm not trying to win.

Once I try to win, I basically lose.

The new splashes are cool and all and do fit the game's new splash art style a lot more but of all the ones they choose, these are the ones they prioritised? I actually liked the original ones bar the Brand one, the new one is hilarious, look how happy he looks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They probably have a massive list and artists can just pick and choose whatever they feel like

*shrug*
No. One of their artists will only draw monkeys. This is why we saw multiple Wukong splash updates and then the Katarina splash update.

JulianImp

Some of the old splashes are the worst thing I have seen before. There where all of the old splashes in one imgur folder, I need to find that again.

I still laugh whenever I see trash Trundle in the loading screen.

So I tried Lulu for my daily AI game (for guaranteed IP) and two normal 5v5 games after dinner. First pvp game we were losing as Sejuani and Irelia called each other names, but then we got our act together and turned the game around really well.

For the second game I found Darius' axe irresistible for some reason (read: I kept walking into his grabs and feeding his teammate Ashe over and over). I think I was too conditioned to seeing a support and an adc at bot, so I failed to realize how much of a threat both opposing champions were when on the offensive and kept walking right into their set-ups, guaranteeing that they got all the gold they'd ever need while I was badly underleveled and unable to make any attempts at a comeback. One time our jungle Warwick showed up for a gank in the early game, we all went in... and then Wick died, and either Twitch or I died as well while the other had to go back to base. We then patiently waited while trying to at least do something until the 20 minute mark, and called it quits afterwards.

What skills and item builds should I focus on when using Lulu on the different roles she fits into?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What skills and item builds should I focus on when using Lulu on the different roles she fits into?
Pretty flexible really. I personally think support and mid are better, but you can play top too if you want.

Mid lane items would be Athene's, Deathcap, Lichbane, Void Staff...things like that. Prioritize mana regen, CDR, and flat AP.

As support Lulu there's heal cup, Frost Queen, Locket, Zeke's, Zhonya's, etc. Pretty situational but you want mana regen early and CDR again. Itemize defensively as needed.

zkylon

zkylewd
r > q > e > w

straight spellthief support or mage stuff

supp -> spellthief line / sighstone / mobi boots / chalice

then build:
- mikaels if they have hard cc you want to cleanse from ur carries (ashe arrow, morgana q)
- aegis if they have lots of ap. get locket if there's lots of ap on their team or someone wiht lots of magic poke (ziggs/xerath), if not just get banner which has some ap and a cool active
- zeke's if u want to buff your crit based carry (trist, jinx)
- frozen heart if they have multiple autoattackers (vayne+tryndamere)

standard support stuff

for mid just get morellos / sorc shoes / deathcap / void staff. you can trade morellos for athenes if you don't have blue buff often or want more mana regen and you can buy early ludens if you want the movespeed buff and the extra early dmg, or zhonyas if you need some tankiness against ad champs. you'll probably get zhonyas anyways.

Ambition

Why does every Yasuo main I come across with have some stupid ass weeb name? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

subtles

That Frosted Ezreal bust would make an amazing avatar. (Too bad I'm terrible at making them :mad: ) It would be amazing if Riot redid all of the old skin splashes.

kenbo

Why does every Yasuo main I come across with have some stupid ass weeb name? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

because the kind of person to have super badass killer samurai fantasies is also likely to be a weeb

subtles

Oh no now people will know I just play ranked enough to get gold then never touch it again.

I've been sitting in Gold II since June and I haven't touched ranked all this time. I have the motivation to get better as a player, but borders and whatnot don't really matter to me to be honest. I'm also having somewhat of an identity crisis as I want to learn Orianna, Twisted Fate, Nidalee, Lulu, Cassiopeia, Singed, Ahri, Riven, Renekton, Gnar and Gangplank while knowing I need a champion pool of just 6 or less champions that cover all lanes and one main. Champions that I would stick with until I actually learn the game rather than picking a new set every month. That's what makes it so difficult lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think ranked will maybe become interesting again next season when it's teambuilder

then i can just play mid and not have to play stuff i find boring like adc and top

edit: this is awesome

mafia_by_raspbearyart-d9c48rj.png

killatopak

Gold Member
I've been sitting in Gold II since June and I haven't touched ranked all this time. I have the motivation to get better as a player, but borders and whatnot don't really matter to me to be honest. I'm also having somewhat of an identity crisis as I want to learn Orianna, Twisted Fate, Nidalee, Lulu, Cassiopeia, Singed, Ahri, Riven, Renekton, Gnar and Gangplank while knowing I need a champion pool of just 6 or less champions that cover all lanes and one main. Champions that I would stick with until I actually learn the game rather than picking a new set every month. That's what makes it so difficult lol.

This season, I have a friend who was gold 1 when I was still silver 2. I'm diamond now and he's plat. The main difference in how I improved faster than him is because I used the same four champions (riven renekton irelia and leona) in all of my ranked games aside from some one time use champs when I don't get the lanes I want. On the other hand, I never see my friend use a champion twice in a row or the same lane in a row. He goes win streak to plat 3 then lose streak to plat 5 0lp. It's good that you can play all lanes but focusing on a lane or two actually makes you improve more. You'll know lane match ups better and improve how to play in a lane faster.

Being a one trick pony can be better in the long run but a disaster when you don't get the champ or the lane you want so IMO it's still better to play a larger champion pool but limit it to a few ones you are confident in. It's also better if you master champions that counter each other so you can adapt when the enemy picks your champ or something.

Trying some off meta builds in ranked can also work out if you practice them in normals first but please stick to the tried and tested cause I find strange builds to work only if you're already pretty good with that champ.

Never play if you're tired of have something urgent to do like work or studies. I find that it distracts you from the game.

Lastly,once you go on a lose streak please take a rest and restart your bearings. I find that very useful especially to get off tilt.

killatopak

Gold Member
Some fucker logged into my account and used my rp. FUCK!

I don't know what he did with it maybe he gifted a skin or 2 wards skin or something but fuck him. reported in our local forum and awaiting the ban hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom