• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I do not have the energy to care about spectating your game and pointing out mistakes. When I look at higher level players they have substantially better CS, that's all Newt.

patchday

I've spectated Newt and thought I learned a lot. Also, look at his matches. The last one the majority of his team went under 1.0 KDA. They played horrible and deserved an execution.

------------------------

Okay this was a super fun match. At 22 mins, my team wanted to surrender. I had the final deciding vote and persuaded the team exactly like this:

"Hey, this match is super early guys. The enemy is not fed. I am same level as the enemy Garen. I think we can win. Just give it a few more mins and I'll agree to surrender if I'm wrong!"

My team, bless their hearts, hung in there and we pulled out a win

But it's the salt in the final lobby chat that I loved. That drama.

zoiDYbe.png

patchday

lol!

btw Lord Newt is in Champ Select. I'm gonna spectate for a bit

Interesting notes bout getting CS posted last page. Still working on that myself. It baffles me watching these pro players perfectly last hit everything

Type2

I've been having some shitty luck with teammates as well lately and gold 2 is becoming my coffin. Regardless of having a decent kda I'm noticing things I can improve on. Early game vison, roaming, some mechanical execution I wish I could practice( start up animation combined with flash) and some champion pool issues.

I do wish my Elo would adapt jungle starts and lane swaps when pick and bans go unfavorably. Sometimes just having having the right amount of gold for lane or an easier first 5-6 minutes make a world of different in game flow. Also the boners people have for contesting dragons or trying to steal them are unhealthy.
I've honestly stolen so many objectives off morg bindings by simply playing it safe and going oh well if the enemy can actually smite. This is with sweeping to make sure I'm not at risk unlike people just flashing into pit giving up a tower and dragon for their stupidity.

Do you lose MMR for dodging? I accidentally dodged two ranked games in a row for not picking a champion because my sound was off so I didn't hear the little sound indicating that it was my turn. I lost like 13 LP for free.

Good point, but all is well. I finally got to queue up again and won my game to get into promos. I also had a guy on my team who raged all game. I've never seen a player so delusional. He really thought he was carrying when he was 9/9. He was even more insufferable in post-game lobby. He ended up 16/14/9 and thought he had huge presence with "3 trips and 4 doubles." Meanwhile our 5/7 Gangplank did just as much damage as him. Oh, well. We all reported him and he got some sort of punishment. Feels good.

killatopak

Gold Member
So Blood Moon bundle is on sale at my region. It'll probably amount to 3400 RP if I convert it to NA region pricing. I don't have a single blood moon skin but I own Elise, Akali, Kalista. Is it worth?

Bundle includes all blood moon skins and champs as well with discounts if you already own some of the champs and skins. 3400 RP is the discounted price.

Edit: If I actually converted our price to the price in NA in terms of php to usd it'll be 2070 RP.

patchday

Blood moon Kalista looks awful too me I'd never buy

Granted I still havent bought Kalista but was tempted for the Championship Kalista. I just dont look forward to tossing around some random in soloq. She just seems like she'd be much more effective on a pro team too me

While spectating Newt's match I saw the enemy Kalista use her ult to bring her biatch (Janna support) to her when she got in too deep. So maybe I should've grabbed Kalista while she was on sale cause stuff like that is fun

garath

So Blood Moon bundle is on sale at my region. It'll probably amount to 3400 RP if I convert it to NA region pricing. I don't have a single blood moon skin but I own Elise, Akali, Kalista. Is it worth?

Bundle includes all blood moon skins and champs as well with discounts if you already own some of the champs and skins. 3400 RP is the discounted price.

Edit: If I actually converted our price to the price in NA in terms of php to usd it'll be 2070 RP.

Blood moon akali is my favorite skin for her. I love the Elise blood moon skin as well, though I alternate with the flower skin. Haven't seen the blood moon kalista in game but it looks pretty good too.

Having spent way too much on this game I'm personally trying to limit the skins to champs I play regluarly. Do you play all 3 a lot? Else it might be cheaper to just pick up the one you would play the most

I swear that Rammus top is the most trolliest thing ever.

Max W, Taunt, Win Games.

I had a Yasuo top who called me a no skill player for killing him 7 times.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually think blue trinket is super good for adc, specially cos if adc doesn't buy it no one else will (i get it sometimes on mid but it's not ideal)

just a really useful item to have on the team, and since adc is the least likely to do anything to help with vision, it's a good idea to put it on them

I wonder what's taking Riot so long to release Kindred
worlds?

Leezard

i actually think blue trinket is super good for adc, specially cos if adc doesn't buy it no one else will (i get it sometimes on mid but it's not ideal)

just a really useful item to have on the team, and since adc is the least likely to do anything to help with vision, it's a good idea to put it on them

worlds?
Yup, blue is very good to have on the team. It is a very good trinket for some situations.

Won using Janna, as long I put shield on the corret champs, the teamfight is already won except for the suicide Vayne that kept blaming me for letting her die alones against 5 enemies.

demon_vi_concept_art_by_zeronis-d9byw35.jpg

zeronis hellboy vi concept

i just knew it was a zeronis skin

Those heels always killing me.

Blue trinket is hella good for ADCs because it lets you check brushes without actually y'know, checking brushes.

Plus fuck warding, that's my team's job ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Edwardo

It's so funny as Morde when you have your third Q ready to go and the enemy thinks they can bring you down before you womp them right in the face.

It's so funny as Morde when you have your third Q ready to go and the enemy thinks they can bring you down before you womp them right in the face.

Genuine argument I heard in game about Morde! XD

Enemy Ashe: OMG. HOW IS HE SO STONG! WTH RIOT!

Our Morde: Morde is balanced. He needs his q to push lane. You just bad.

Enemy Ashe: You did 1300 dmg with one Q.

Our Morde: At least I'm not broken Irelia!

I was crying! XDXDXDXDXD

garath

Blue trinket is hella good for ADCs because it lets you check brushes without actually y'know, checking brushes.

I am going to start buying blue trinket as adc every time now. I actually threw a game because I was trying to ward as adc. My thought process was gold already struggles with vision and having the upgraded yellow trinket was more valuable but not worth my life.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sure, but will the champ just be locked for the whole month? lol
a whole month? it's only been a week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

have some patience brah

Yup, blue is very good to have on the team. It is a very good trinket for some situations.
i mean, checking stuff is always useful, checking for buffs, dragon/baron, brushes, etc.

it's not a replacement for wards, but it's a good tool when you can't safely get in the range to ward

it makes sense for adcs to take it cos adcs usually spend their time in a group pushing lanes/fighting, it's not very common to see an adc sneaking through the enemy jungle or anything like that, so whatever wards they can place are probably gonna be pretty useless/could just be placed by the support

so unless you're playing vayne or something and splitpushing (and probably even then, just buy a couple wards you dick) i think it's a good idea to get blue trinket as soon as you finish up laning

Those heels always killing me.
i know ppl like to say that heels aren't like "realistic" for combat or whatever, but what can i say, if it looks cool it looks cool

Leezard

i mean, checking stuff is always useful, checking for buffs, dragon/baron, brushes, etc.

it's not a replacement for wards, but it's a good tool when you can't safely get in the range to ward

it makes sense for adcs to take it cos adcs usually spend their time in a group pushing lanes/fighting, it's not very common to see an adc sneaking through the enemy jungle or anything like that, so whatever wards they can place are probably gonna be pretty useless/could just be placed by the support

l

Yeah, it's really good. I think I understated it before. I think blue trinket is near mandatory on adcs unless you really need some sort of true vision for for an invis character, e.g. gonna duel against vayne.

zkylon

zkylewd
5df9325882dc2da5c46b8bf5c39ade0d.png

what the fuck

how do u even die so much as lux

don't u know u gotta protect them mejais stacks

Yeah, it's really good. I think I understated it before. I think blue trinket is near mandatory on adcs unless you really need some sort of true vision for for an invis character, e.g. gonna duel against vayne.
yeah, that's another exception for which you'd want i guess pink trinket? red trinket has lower cd but smaller range and only lasts 6secs so i feel pink trinket is the better idea

Leezard

how do u even die so much as lux

don't u know u gotta protect them mejais stacks

yeah, that's another exception for which you'd want i guess pink trinket? red trinket has lower cd but smaller range and only lasts 6secs so i feel pink trinket is the better idea

Yeah, most of the time you probably want pink trinket for those cases, though I can see that personal preference could change it.

Type2

So what's the most reliable way to save/share replays? I'm still looking to make plat by the end of the season and want to clean up my own gameplay.

Also are there any new videos for Alistar combos? Or any tricks to timing it when you know the enemy has their escape up? It could just be its riots intention to make it that easy to outplay leaving him with less openings to pull it off or that there are still some tricks to improve reliability that I don't know.

I just want to get out of d5, lol.

You're being really vague with your suggestions too. Learn how to CS?
Always buy blue trinket? I don't agree with that.

Why don't you watch a game and be specific on mistakes.

Hey Newt, I'm Chronos and I supported you in two games for the Ranked 5s team (mind you I had a small sample size, and I didn't play perfectly either). Just a few things I noticed playing with you:

1. dimb is right, you weren't exceptional at CSing. I have a friend I duo with constantly bot lane and I always nag him for missing each CS, but I think I noticed you were missing way more than he does normally. In the matches you post you often don't have high CS at all. Make sure you are looking for minion waves snowballing and to catch them before they hit towers. So many people lose tons of gold to towers without realizing it.

2. You seemed very kill focused from what I remember, we didn't push for objectives fast once we got ahead in lane via some kills. That is the best way to distribute gold to the rest of your team if they are struggling.

3. The blue trinket is almost always needed on an ADC unless you are like Ashe or someone. I use it mostly when I see my teammate about to face check bushes for no reason, and it often alerts them of enemies and possibly saves their lives. I could see going double sight ward upgrade if your team isn't great at warding.

I'd have to play with you more to figure out any more critiques of you.

zkylon

zkylewd
So what's the most reliable way to save/share replays? I'm still looking to make plat by the end of the season and want to clean up my own gameplay.

i use baron replays

i think for sharing u should probably just obs your game and upload that, it's way more useful that way cos you show like your clicks and your tendencies better since it's everything from your perspective alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom