• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
CQaEeqfVAAA86WB.jpg

enjoy neko

Never played ranked before until like yesterday, thought I'd give it a try. Seem to have passed bronze entirely after my placement matches (didn't even know that was possible). Dunno if that means anything, I mean I know I'm terrible at this game, but now I'm gettin' kinda scared. The placement stuff was so nice and easy lol.

Never played ranked before until like yesterday, thought I'd give it a try. Seem to have passed bronze entirely after my placement matches (didn't even know that was possible). Dunno if that means anything, I mean I know I'm terrible at this game, but now I'm gettin' kinda scared. The placement stuff was so nice and easy lol.
Yeah your life placement matches are just to see what rank you fit into. I think the highest you can get into is gold I could be wrong about that.

Also what rank are you right now?

Tizoc

First time playing kog adc in ranked. Went really good was able to get to late game then melt people .
untitledo4uab.png

Only now need to get to gold.

I think you went a little bit overkill with the attack speed :p If you were gonna get PD maybe swap out the boots for Cooldown or Magic penetration?

Yeah your life placement matches are just to see what rank you fit into. I think the highest you can get into is gold I could be wrong about that.

Also what rank are you right now?

Oh cool, I initially thought you'd just get sent to Bronze first. But I got Silver 1 right now. I wonder if I lose now, will I get sent straight to bronze? I don't really mind either way, I got a lot to learn still :p

Oh cool, I initially thought you'd just get sent to Bronze first. But I got Silver 1 right now. I wonder if I lose now, will I get sent straight to bronze? I don't really mind either way, I got a lot to learn still :p
Silver 1 is the highest Silver, not the other way around lol

You're like knocking on Gold's door

HowZatOZ

Banned
What's with bot lane always overreaching in normal? Sure it's casual but I don't understand why some people insist on trying to get the kill under tower when it's clear they'll die. Is it some kind of CoD mentality whereby KDA is ruler of all?

Kenai

What's with bot lane always overreaching in normal? Sure it's casual but I don't understand why some people insist on trying to get the kill under tower when it's clear they'll die. Is it some kind of CoD mentality whereby KDA is ruler of all?

They saw someone do it on a stream once and made it look so easy (lol)

Tizoc

Gonna be duo-ing with a friend in a day or so.
I don't think he ranked all year and now that the season is almost up, he wants to try and keep his Gold border (he was boosted last year by his cousin) :V
Really hope we can get some good matches and wins, but I'm sticking to the main principal; call it quits after 2 Ranked losses in a row.

Gonna be duo-ing with a friend in a day or so.
I don't think he ranked all year and now that the season is almost up, he wants to try and keep his Gold border (he was boosted last year by his cousin) :V
Really hope we can get some good matches and wins, but I'm sticking to the main principal; call it quits after 2 Ranked losses in a row.
Yeah hopefully you can win a few.
I played a bunch of games with one of my friends in ranked and I think I am done playing with him in ranked. I think I have lost all the games I have played with him.

patchday

yeah I personally hate turrets. I wish this game had a mode where there wasnt any. I sometimes die to turrets like that. I see that bleeding squishy and all he just needs is one more hit.... I pop them, feel good for a second, and then BLAM! Turret death

Lol maybe I should play CoD: Modern Warfare for a little while I lvoe that game. Cant wait for the new CoD I cant lie

23qwerty

you've got to make mistakes to learn your limits

patchday

A new mode eh? That might be interesting.

Now that I hit 30 I wonder what to focus on next. I'm not really into going for rankings but I guess I could... Part of me wants to wait for the new ranked teambuilder mode.

Another part of me is curious about playing just a little bit more of Dota 2 since they have tons more modes. I really love this game though but I would enjoy more variety in modes.

So that new mode on PBE sounds interesting. Gives me hope there's some programmers at Riot actually working on gameplay. I realize dota 2 probably has the edge though since it allows mods. So I might split my time between this moba and dota. Dota for casual goofing off and LoL for summoner's rift/ARAM

zkylon

zkylewd
Why doesn't everyone just use imgur?
cos ppl are dumbos

i use a mix of imgur and copy and dropbox so nothing will ever be lost :>

I legit don't understand how people get out of here.
maybe u should spam easier champions to get out of dia hell?

like jinx and ashe and sivir?

i mean like easy to get wins with, as in high winrate, snowbally, has utility if falls behind, etc.

playing kalista sounds to me like asking for trouble

then you can go back to ur favorites once you're out of the cesspit if u want

patchday

maybe u should spam easier champions to get out of dia hell?

like jinx and ashe and sivir?

i mean like easy to get wins with, as in high winrate, snowbally, has utility if falls behind, etc.

playing kalista sounds to me like asking for trouble

then you can go back to ur favorites once you're out of the cesspit if u want

Well this Lord Newt match history.

He's got a 4.0 KDA. That's crazy high. But if you look at his teammates in these matches.... They're just laying down their lives going under 1.0 KDA. I want to slap myself when I do that bad.

I know LoL players always blame others for their fails but in his case I think he's getting paired with some bad apples and his back just getting broken from too much carrying

I've watched some of his matches too. Not trying to kiss a$$ but I've seen him play perfect Kalista, etc

[edit] Perfect Kalista meaning as in 0 deaths.

edit2 - I also forget LoL isnt FPS so KDA dont tell the whole story. my bad folks. I'm deeply entrenched in FPS.

CQaEeqfVAAA86WB.jpg

enjoy neko

Yep thats amazing. Looks WORLDS better than Irelia's default skin art

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

He's got a 4.0 KDA. That's crazy high. But if you look at his teammates in these matches.... They're just laying down their lives going under 1.0 KDA. I want to slap myself when I do that bad.

I know LoL players always blame others for their fails but in his case I think he's getting paired with some bad apples and his back just getting broken from too much carrying

I've watched some of his matches too. Not trying to kiss a$$ but I've seen him play perfect Kalista, etc

This is why I'm kinda salty to games that are entirely team-based with randoms. If my team lost, there's 20% chance it was entirely my fault, but there's an 80% it could have been someone else's fault. That's why I tend to gravitate more to fighting games. If I lost, I know because It was my fault. It was me who was weak, not anyone else.

zkylon

zkylewd

edit2 - I also forget LoL isnt FPS so KDA dont tell the whole story. my bad folks. I'm deeply entrenched in FPS.
more straightforward champions are better if u wanna rank up imo

you can be the perfect kalista and whatnot, but using her w passive and her ult and her ghosts require a lot of team coordination and stuff

playing someone like jinx is really easy and then ashe and sivir are really good at telegraphing intent to ur team (throw giant arrow: kill that person, sivir ult: gogogo)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Yep thats amazing. Looks WORLDS better than Irelia's default skin art

Combination of ADC can't carry a retarded team like a fed top can and Riot nerfing solo carrying in general. Add to that a bunch 0 lp D5s who literally don't care about their performance and you have a recipe for ultimate sadness and salt.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I'm actually laughing. No reason to get so deep into this. Good players will rise through the ranks. Newt has put in way more games than needed to overcome any misfortune with teammates.

Want to be a Challenger player Newt? Start playing like one. Learn to CS already. Put more effort into your builds. Actually start being competitive and buy the blue trinket on AD carries.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm actually laughing. No reason to get so deep into this. Good players will rise through the ranks. Newt has put in way more games than needed to overcome any misfortune with teammates.

Want to be a Challenger player Newt? Start playing like one. Learn to CS already. Put more effort into your builds. Actually start being competitive and buy the blue trinket on AD carries.

There's also the problem of being a Single player in a team based game. I heard the best way to rise to challenger is to be nightblue and fuck everyone else who stand above and around you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's also the problem of being a Single player in a team based game.
Sometimes you'll lose because of your team. The consistent factor on your team is always yourself though. That is all that matters. Players do not get "stuck" at certain Elos in this game where they don't belong.

Newt

I just want to get out of d5, lol.

You're being really vague with your suggestions too. Learn how to CS?
Always buy blue trinket? I don't agree with that.

Why don't you watch a game and be specific on mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom