• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
And yet when Chinese New Year happens they have their little 2 week long event with little icons and whole little set of skins whilst having a unique login screen and...

....they're pretty transparent at this point and not in a good way >_> #BringBackChristmas
Well that URF programmer left, and they spent a lot of effort on bilgewater so theres not much left for the year.

i think the idea is that instead of releasing all at once they'll just do like staggered releases or something

That's the idea, but really what they're saying is 'Oh we'll just separately release the skins, have some reused game modes, and that's it.'

It gives them an excuse not to 'work' on each season event like in the past. Except for Chinese New Years, I bet that ones going to get a full blown event.

Well that URF programmer left, and they spent a lot of effort on bilgewater so theres not much left for the year.

Oh, their URF programmer left? Weird. Riot(And Blizzard) are probably the 2 best gaming companies to be working for right now.

Ambition

i think the idea is that instead of releasing all at once they'll just do like staggered releases or something
We’re making a few changes around how we roll out seasonal events, story, and featured game modes. As you know, in past seasonal events we’ve released content together (i.e. the Harrowing or Snowdown). Going forward, we’re going to be switching that up a bit and releasing those different types of content separately — like you’ve probably seen on PBE with One For All, Zombie / Slayer skins, and the Shadow Isles champion bios. All of this means seasonal events like the Harrowing and Snowdown will roll out differently than you’ve seen them in the past. This lets us kick out cool stuff more often without being constrained by specific times of year.
Sounds more like they're ditching seasonal events in order to make halloween and christmas themed events whenever they feel like it which misses the point of the events. I don't think it's possible to get the feel for Halloween in say, June. Can you imagine last years wonderful Snowdown Ori log in during April? It wouldnt feel the same :(

zkylon

zkylewd
That's the idea, but really what they're saying is 'Oh we'll just separately release the skins, have some reused game modes, and that's it.'

It gives them an excuse not to 'work' on each season event like in the past. Except for Chinese New Years, I bet that ones going to get a full blown event.

i mean as long as ahri gets a cool chinese skin

Sounds more like they're ditching seasonal events in order to make halloween and christmas themed events whenever they feel like it which misses the point of the events. I don't think it's possible to get the feel for Halloween in say, June. Can you imagine last years wonderful Snowdown Ori log in during April? It wouldnt feel the same :(
well, remains to be seen what it actually means, so probably just wait and see. from as long as i've been playing this game riot has never done much for halloween or christmas or whatever, it's always been a couple skins and that's it. they mention harrowing and snowdown, dunno what it'll mean for like big story evens like shurima or bilgewater, i'm guessing we'll still have those since this seems to be just riot wanting to make big events revolve around dates they set themselves, not necessarily real world events

i feel like rito might want to do like their own shadow isles/harrowing thing, but maybe they don't want to make it in halloween, they want to do it in july and have it not be halloween related, just actually runeterra stuff with lore and crap. something like that

i dunno, i'm not ready to call it lame cos i'm not really sure what we're missing

i mean as long as ahri gets a cool chinese skin

well, remains to be seen what it actually means, so probably just wait and see. from as long as i've been playing this game riot has never done much for halloween or christmas or whatever, it's always been a couple skins and that's it. they mention harrowing and snowdown, dunno what it'll mean for like big story evens like shurima or bilgewater, i'm guessing we'll still have those since this seems to be just riot wanting to make big events revolve around dates they set themselves, not necessarily real world events

i feel like rito might want to do like their own shadow isles/harrowing thing, but maybe they don't want to make it in halloween, they want to do it in july and have it not be halloween related, just actually runeterra stuff with lore and crap. something like that

i dunno, i'm not ready to call it lame cos i'm not really sure what we're missing

One of the biggest thing is the big lack of halloween/christmas themed summoners rift Riot had back when the game came out, then they removed that but kept the events anyhow(Filled with icons, skins, logins, what not), but now they're removing that and just keeping the profitable part of that(Skins)

Alot of people have asked and wanted them to bring back the themed maps, but it's fallen on deaf ears.

zkylon

zkylewd
One of the biggest thing is the big lack of halloween/christmas themed summoners rift Riot had back when the game came out, then they removed that but kept the events anyhow(Filled with icons, skins, logins, what not), but now they're removing that and just keeping the profitable part of that(Skins)

Alot of people have asked and wanted them to bring back the themed maps, but it's fallen on deaf ears.
saying "now" they're removing it is kind of silly since i've been playing this dumb game for like 4 years now and we've never had themed sr maps in all that time. so it's not like ANOTHER YEAR of lack of themed maps is any news now..

would be nice to have snowy and spooky and swimsuit summoners rift and i'm still kind of expecting them to do it at some point, but u know, rito is slow

saying "now" they're removing it is kind of silly since i've been playing this dumb game for like 4 years now and we've never had themed sr maps in all that time. so it's not like ANOTHER YEAR of lack of themed maps is any news now..

would be nice to have snowy and spooky and swimsuit summoners rift and i'm still kind of expecting them to do it at some point, but u know, rito is slow

Well, I was talking about the harrowing event they've removed in addition to the maps previously removed. Riot may be slow but enough is enough

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, I was talking about the harrowing event they've removed in addition to the maps previously removed. Riot may be slow but enough is enough
what harrowing event tho

literally all it was before was skins and icons and maybe a small story thing

which they already said they were gonna do this year (and possibly move to other times of the year in the future, not tie it to halloween)

the map thing was in like 2009. it's not something they recently dropped

i mean, i'm with you, give us spooky summoners rift and specially swimsuit summer summoners rift shit, it's just that it's not like this announcement really changed anything cos events have been about skins for as long as i can remember

Leezard

Yup. The map skin only happened once for harrowing and once (or was it twice?) for snowdown. It was cool but it impacted gameplay negatively as some abilities were near invisible on the map skin .

clemenx

Banned
I 100% prefer Runaterra themed stuff and events like the whole Gangplank shenanigans than to just "Yay it's Christmas! Take some skins" so if they take that direction I'm happy.

Also the thing about "feeling" is dumb to me. If I had seen Winter Wonder Orianna in July I would've been just as excited. .

kenbo

I found zkylons ride

vBOWrnB.jpg

jerd

Just won the kind of game that makes me wish we had just ff at 20. Mentally exhausting. Shit's like running a daycare sometimes

I don't think the lp is worth it

Played a one for all as Sona against Shaco just now. The best feeling in League of Legends? Knowing the enemy Shaco is having no fun as you completely ignore their existence. Yeah, keep hiding in that brush. No one cares. You wanna poke? We can do it better and sustain as well.

I know it's not to be taken seriously, but it's just satisfying when you're able to shut down a troll pick.

Ambition

Man I wish I could play Ahri at a competent level. Every time I lock her in I feel like I do zero damage without blowing most of my mana in a combo.

Played a one for all as Sona against Shaco just now. The best feeling in League of Legends? Knowing the enemy Shaco is having no fun as you completely ignore their existence. Yeah, keep hiding in that brush. No one cares. You wanna poke? We can do it better and sustain as well.

I know it's not to be taken seriously, but it's just satisfying when you're able to shut down a troll pick.

Conversely, my buddy and I played a game of Sona's vs Katarina's last night.

It was not fun.

ChrisD

soLR76t.png

One of the most fun games I've played. The plaaaaaaays

All the games in this mode go so long. It forces plays to happen because everyone ends up a super tank or ultra glass cannon. It's really fun if everyone in the game set aside time and don't burn out too early.

ChrisD

So I just saw someone with the Winter Lulu skin. Please tell me winter skins come back every year, because I would auto-buy that.

JulianImp

Awesome! If they don't break the pattern this year that purchase is definitely happening.

I have my eyes on the beach Lulu skin, but I'm not too sold on buying RP just yet. Still, that reminds me... given the huge number of champions and skins that exist, would it actually be viable for me to wait for any given skin to be on sale before I buy it?

I have my eyes on the beach Lulu skin, but I'm not too sold on buying RP just yet. Still, that reminds me... given the huge number of champions and skins that exist, would it actually be viable for me to wait for any given skin to be on sale before I buy it?
Sure, just gotta remember certain skins rarely if ever go on sale. Don't expect seasonal skins to be in sale anytime soon, and 1850+ RP skins will never go on sale.

Quonny

If a skin launches with a discount, and you want it, get it. That skin ain't going on sale for at least 18 months.

Also, if there's a seasonal skin with a discount when it launches, and you want it, definitely get it. Seasonal skins, IIRC, never, ever get a discount even in following years.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If a skin launches with a discount, and you want it, get it. That skin ain't going on sale for at least 18 months.

Also, if there's a seasonal skin with a discount when it launches, and you want it, definitely get it. Seasonal skins, IIRC, never, ever get a discount even in following years.

Or cheat the system and buy mystery skins.

Pull the lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom