• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

I was amazed when I saw Final Boss Veigar a while ago, and today I just noticed that Blitz also has an amazing arcade skin. Too bad I don't think I'll be buying neither of them anytime soon (the next champion in my buy list is Thresh), but I think I'll fall into the temptation of getting at least the Blitz skin eventually.

Too bad fake glasses and moustache Blitz isn't available, because I'd be all over that skin as well. Is there any hope it might become available again anytime soon?

killatopak

Gold Member
lost my promos due to me using ap runes and masteries on an ad champ. I was still dominating but can't carry a 60 cs fizz at 20 mins.

kenbo

what

o7Gt3hA.png

this was an all for one game..........

Laptop crashed when I try to play league. It's never happened before and I just ruined some peoples game. I booted back up slowly and then got into the game and crashed instantly.

Edit:

Got told it was my fault by an enemy player in the lobby. Saying how I shouldn't have played if I knew my computer wasn't working right. It's like... "Um... It's literally been working fine up till today. Literally this is the first time it's ever crashed my computer."

Not that it matter, since they reported me and left so they got the last word.

Edit 2: Wonder if it's the Nvidia driver I updated. No problems till today.

Edit 3: Rolled back driver, can confirm, was new driver.

Not your fault. Don't let it get to you. It's rough when they just throw blame and leave, but once you start dealing with that every day, you grow desensitized to it. Some players are super serious about the game, too, so they might not excuse any real life problem a person might have that prevents them from playing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Not your fault. Don't let it get to you. It's rough when they just throw blame and leave, but once you start dealing with that every day, you grow desensitized to it. Some players are super serious about the game, too, so they might not excuse any real life problem a person might have that prevents them from playing.
"I'm totally going to worlds so don't get in my way" is the general consensus from douchebags who just throw blame out willy nilly.

nbraun80

ugh just don't know how to win a ranked game when I'm forced onto support. tried morg, braum, leona,naut, just can't get one over the last two days. If i stay bot, at about 10 min. I'll look up and it's already 1-9 and something like the LB is fed. Last game I roamed as braum after I backed, helped in a skirmish and picked us up two kills, but mf pushes up to the bot tower and dies 2v1. Then I get raged at by the MF and a lecture how supports are suppose to stay bot and if I leave again she'll afk. My mind is blown by some people and their mentalities.

ugh just don't know how to win a ranked game when I'm forced onto support. tried morg, braum, leona,naut, just can't get one over the last two days. If i stay bot, at about 10 min. I'll look up and it's already 1-9 and something like the LB is fed. Last game I roamed as braum after I backed, helped in a skirmish and picked us up two kills, but mf pushes up to the bot tower and dies 2v1. Then I get raged at by the MF and a lecture how supports are suppose to stay bot and if I leave again she'll afk. My mind is blown by some people and their mentalities.

Have you tried Annie or Zyra?

Kenai

what

o7Gt3hA.png

this was an all for one game..........

lmao, why

My best advice is to both ward general objectives and try to give protection/set up kills for the teammates that aren't being idiots. Mother hen the gold star students and set up plays for them to either secure kills or let them get away from ambushes. Example: I had a recent game where every single lane fed and my ADC stole *our* Ekko's level 1 golem and crippled his early game. Yet we still won, because that Ekko started to snowball and all it took was a few lucky Qs (I was morg) and he could basically sweep their team with my shield on him, their CC coordination was so bad.

I am talking like, they had 2/3 of our inhibs and baron and me + him (mostly him) went even vs the whole enemy team before our Jax/Ez/Ziggs even showed up, and they just cleaned up for us. He vaporized their Trist and they had no peel so he just dunked 1-2 of them every skirmish then ulted back to me, even better if I landed a Q on someone straggling, he just destroyed them. We should have totally lost, but i just kept playing, cause why not? He was 0/3 at one point and ended up like 29/6 or something dumb (edit: 29/9, our Jax was 0/15 and laned vs a Diana...yea)

For laning phase, do your best to deny the other carry farm and give your carry as much as possible. Even if your ADC is dumb and likes to overextend, frustrating the other ADC can mean they aren't as big a threat to the rest of your team. Think about disengage champs too (Janna, Nami, Braum, Tahm, Lulu and Karma are all solid disengage champs), since if your ADC continues to be dumb you can minimize the kills the enemy ADC gets. I noticed that several of the champs you listed are all-in types. I consider that risky cause there is no way to tell if your team will do a follow up.

It's all about practicing and finding champs that work for you. You may prefer Annie or Nami or Lulu for their CC options. Doesn't matter how fed a squishy is if they are locked in a CC chain, and Annie and Lulu especially have some that are easy to land.

Oh, and don't forget you can ping to direct (but don't spam ping, no one likes that).

cHinzo

I was amazed when I saw Final Boss Veigar a while ago, and today I just noticed that Blitz also has an amazing arcade skin. Too bad I don't think I'll be buying neither of them anytime soon (the next champion in my buy list is Thresh), but I think I'll fall into the temptation of getting at least the Blitz skin eventually.

Too bad fake glasses and moustache Blitz isn't available, because I'd be all over that skin as well. Is there any hope it might become available again anytime soon?
You van buy Definitely Not Blitzcrank during the Harrowing event. It's what I did last year. :D
Got almost every Blitz skin until they nerfed Blitzcrank's W with a self slow. Made it less enjoyable for me to play him, so I didnt buy the Arcade skin, although it does look really cool. ;__;

Nekofrog

Banned
tbh as many skins as he has, the simple ones like Definitely Not Blitzcrank, Rusty Blitzcrank, and Goalkeeper Blitzcrank are the best Blitzcrank skins.

Leezard

tbh as many skins as he has, the simple ones like Definitely Not Blitzcrank, Rusty Blitzcrank, and Goalkeeper Blitzcrank are the best Blitzcrank skins.

No, just no. It's the worst skin that exists in the game and the only reason people want it is because you can't buy it.

Blitz has a lot of nice skins though.

killatopak

Gold Member
wow just finished a game where we really dominated but it went for about 30 minutes because we were a full pick comp. Global ults and tps were everywhere lol

Irelia, Panth and TF roams the map and tp ult whenever needed. Anivia is pretty disgusting to win against late game though. We could not push at all since we had a low range vayne and janna supp.

killatopak

Gold Member
It's Riven, either get used to getting nerfed or give up on her lol

Yeah.

Although I only played just before the wind slash nerf. I heard there were many nerfs before like her hp regeneration, shield duration, broken wings damage and movement speed. I think the only buff was allowing the wall hop on 3rd q.

Nekofrog

Banned
riven was really stupid way back when. high based HP regen, higher scaling shield with higher values per point, the higher duration. all of that combined made trading with her futile outside of a few champions with equal sustain.

faridmon

Which division? Bronze?

To be fair I had the same complaints, untill I stopped playing Ranked, raised my mmr on normals, and suddenly I am the crappy ones. Sometime, you don't realise your mistakes when you play in these environment untill you play better people.

FoxSpirit

And I'm back in business. But definitely only playing with GAF, no random Solos anymore. Being all alone in SoloQ is harrowing.
Plus we now have teambuilder so DuoBot all day any day. :p

faridmon

And I'm back in business. But definitely only playing with GAF, no random Solos anymore. Being all alone in SoloQ is harrowing.
Plus we now have teambuilder so DuoBot all day any day. :p

wish I played with GAF

there aren't many of you in EU West

and Bronze level[/spoiler[

:(

Feebastic

wish I played with GAF

there aren't many of you in EU West

and Bronze level[/spoiler[

:(
You're EU yeah? I've seen you in the NeoGAF chat a couple times. Feel free to add TheNatmaster if you wanna play with me. (I'm trash poop rubbish garbage)

Also Dobkeratops is usually down to play with anyone, as long as you're nice :)

Nekofrog

Banned
just bench the kench, it's for the best

you're gonna get a guy who eats the wrong thing in soloq instead of just use it to peel

Arthrus

What are the bans across different ranks in Solo q? (Particularly high Gold)

Darius, Morde, and Fiora are the big ones. Other common bans include Yasuo, Braum, Garen, Skarner, Gangplank (not a big problem at this skill level), Annie, Vayne, and Kalista.

subtles

I'm actually a fan of Spirit and was hoping an NA team would take a shot at trying to get him since he's always been open to playing in the region.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple European imports. I would expect Freeze if not for turtle staying.
Yeah. European talents right now are amazing if someone like niels, a rookie adc, can play that well.
Why would someone ban Skarner? Or Annie?
Easy to play champ with such a high reward if played well and can generally still play against counter picks. Focuses less on the mechanics and more on the decision making.

faridmon

You're EU yeah? I've seen you in the NeoGAF chat a couple times. Feel free to add TheNatmaster if you wanna play with me. (I'm trash poop rubbish garbage)

Also Dobkeratops is usually down to play with anyone, as long as you're nice :)

Cool dude. Looking forward playing with you

I do play with Dobkeratops and its usually fun, but I tend to play with High Gold/ Low platinum players which is too intimidating.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Why would someone ban Skarner? Or Annie?
For Annie she is an amazing support thanks to her stun. Single target, AoE target or tibbers bomb stuns can really lock down the enemy team and easily push for a win. She's also not gimped by going support and can dish out amazing damage, hell you can even build her like mid with a few support items and laugh at the enemy team.

faridmon

She's like a tier two support at most to me. I don't know. Seems like an absurd ban with the low playrate.

Yeah, I rarely see her as supp

In fact I rarely see her played at all.

What happened to her? it just felt fortnight ago when everyone was bitching about her being broken and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom