• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Looking up Swain builds it seems the go to build is RoA>Hourglass>more AP.
One of things that irk me with Swain is his movement speed, so I thought I'd try luden on him. It was OK and the movespeed helped a little.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
One of things that irk me with Swain is his movement speed, so I thought I'd try luden on him. It was OK and the movespeed helped a little.
Im gonna do some some experiments builds with swain tomorrow. Thinking Tear into AP to do more damage because RoA takes forever to build if you can't get ahead.

nbraun80

I would assume a spirit visage would be good with the 20% from all healing sources. otherwise I'd say it's pretty open besides RoA and Zhonya's are pretty core. situationally i'm sure abyssal, rylia's, liandry's, dcap could all be fine. I'm no swain main though so i'll defer to breezy for the final word. ha

Tizoc

Im gonna do some some experiments builds with swain tomorrow. Thinking Tear into AP to do more damage because RoA takes forever to build if you can't get ahead.

Yeah RoA takes quite some time to be made, doesn't help that when I'm behind and I lose a match sa Swain...RoA was the only item I build =_=
However Tear into A. Staff costs more than Rod of Ages by 300 Gold, and while the mana build up helps, Swain benefits from being a little tanky even if it is a little amount of bonus HP from RoA.

If anything, don't rush catalyst and aim for the AP item, build catalyst 2nd then finish up your RoA.

I would assume a spirit visage would be good with the 20% from all healing sources. otherwise I'd say it's pretty open besides RoA and Zhonya's are pretty core. situationally i'm sure abyssal, rylia's, liandry's, dcap could all be fine. I'm no swain main though so i'll defer to breezy for the final word. ha

Rylai is questionable! At max lvl., Swain's Q will apply 40% slow, but his other abilities will apply a form of slow otherwise.
However Rylai does offer a good chunk of HP and AP. Liandry is also questionable, IMO you should just settle for Void staff, however Swain's abilities are damage over time anyways @_@

nbraun80

Yeah RoA takes quite some time to be made, doesn't help that when I'm behind and I lose a match sa Swain...RoA was the only item I build =_=
However Tear into A. Staff costs more than Rod of Ages by 300 Gold, and while the mana build up helps, Swain benefits from being a little tanky even if it is a little amount of bonus HP from RoA.

If anything, don't rush catalyst and aim for the AP item, build catalyst 2nd then finish up your RoA.

Rylai is questionable! At max lvl., Swain's Q will apply 40% slow, but his other abilities will apply a form of slow otherwise.
However Rylai does offer a good chunk of HP and AP. Liandry is also questionable, IMO you should just settle for Void staff, however Swain's abilities are damage over time anyways @_@
idk i mean if you're going to go luden's cause you want keep up with people better I think rylia's would be way better, same ap, extra health, and at worst a 20% on up to 3 people from your ult.

Tizoc

idk i mean if you're going to go luden's cause you want keep up with people better I think rylia's would be way better, same ap, extra health, and at worst a 20% on up to 3 people from your ult.

Yeah I'll try out Rylai next time I play.
So Roa>Guise>Rylai.

I just wish Last hitting with Swain wasn't so difficult =_=

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah I'll try out Rylai next time I play.
So Roa>Guise>Rylai.

I just wish Last hitting with Swain wasn't so difficult =_=
I find it pretty easy. Manage to get a a near perfect amount of CS in Toplane while dodging Nidalee's Spear once.
Also, do you know where you are gonna put Zhonyas? That is Swain's wild card right there.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Man I need to stop procrastinating and play ranked. Only a couple of weeks left to at least reach plat :s

Yeah I'm intentionally staying away from climbing gold because I haven't played ranked in a while and I don't really want to tilt or be shit. I'll just wait and do it next season.

kenbo

78k damage dealt isn't even enough for me to carry.

Please, someone help me.

0fy9GFY.png

bro u gotta look like this

garath

Kindred is really feast or famine in the jungle. When she snowballs she's going to wreck, even or behind and you're probably in trouble.

I think she has a lot of potential though. Gotta collect those marks. That's really important. I'd be interested to play her in normal drafts or ranked where my mmr is a little more normalized though. Blind pick hard to gauge.

Ambition

Thing is that her ult when used wrong can stop me (Jinx) from getting any resets. Didn't help that I was getting zoned by Vayne outside the ring..

Tizoc

Neat.

So here are some builds I was thinking about for Swain-
Rylai>Guise>AP (No RoA)
RoA>Guise>Rylai>AP

One of Singed and Nunu's core items are RoA, but I watched a Twitch streamer rush Rylai and forgo RoA which seemed to help them quite a lot.

cHinzo

Neat.

So here are some builds I was thinking about for Swain-
Rylai>Guise>AP (No RoA)
RoA>Guise>Rylai>AP

One of Singed and Nunu's core items are RoA, but I watched a Twitch streamer rush Rylai and forgo RoA which seemed to help them quite a lot.

Does Swain really needs a Rylai though? He has a targeted slow already lol. I would at least recommend Zhonya's as one of the later items on Swain, because he can heal up using his ult during the Zhonya's, while not using any mana. :d Swain also needs some mana or mana regen to keep his ult up right?

kenbo

Don't get Guise early on Swain. His base damages are seriously nothing to write home about

I'd recommend Zhonya's pretty early - it lets him team fight a lot sooner

Tizoc

Does Swain really needs a Rylai though? He has a targeted slow already lol. I would at least recommend Zhonya's as one of the later items on Swain, because he can heal up using his ult during the Zhonya's, while not using any mana. :d Swain also needs some mana or mana regen to keep his ult up right?

Rylai will apply on his OTHER abilities and his ult will slow them with it.

patchday

25 minutes waiting for a support in Team Builder. Game starts. ADC disconnects. Rest of team refuses to surrender at 20, even though we're getting demolished.

I missed you, League...

funny thing is I cant recall having to deal with this in HOTS. Ever. AI takes over for the disconnected player. Also, the active players can ping the AI-controlled player and get them to follow objectives. Sadly, bot is superior to some stubborn players in the lower levels especially

HOTS is such a casual thing- it can be played alongside another moba easily

Also LoL just seems kinda flaky. I think my old video card was going bad. But only in LoL did I crash. Every so often, it would crash as soon as the match started. Luckily I had a spare video card that was just as good as the old one so installed it. But that was annoying. I tried to check my local LoL logs but mostly just saw the same errors as you would normally see (such as cannot load xxx.asset). Wish they'd clean up their logs. That might help people resolve their crashes and d/c

edit-> Here's an example of LoL's useless R3D log:

000044.147| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <LuxCrashingBlitz2.dds> *********
000044.147| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load LuxCrashingBlitz2.dds
000044.147| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: LuxCrashingBlitz2.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000044.148| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <TurretInitialArmor.dds> *********
000044.148| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load TurretInitialArmor.dds
000044.148| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: TurretInitialArmor.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000058.163| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Missing effect texture <MushroomBuff.dds>
000058.163| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Effects could not find skin file <MushroomBuff.skn>.
000058.986| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <ShyvanaDragonsDescent.dds> *********
000058.986| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load ShyvanaDragonsDescent.dds
000058.986| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: ShyvanaDragonsDescent.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <TempChar_Square.dds> *********
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load TempChar_Square.dds
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: TempChar_Square.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <TempChar_Circle.dds> *********
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load TempChar_Circle.dds
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: TempChar_Circle.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Can not open file <TemplateFighterPassive.dds> *********
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load TemplateFighterPassive.dds
000061.991| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| r3dTexture EX: TemplateFighterPassive.dds - not found. Dummy texture created.
000061.992| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load spell ini or script: "TemplateFighterQ"
000061.992| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load spell ini or script: "TemplateFighterW"
000061.992| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load spell ini or script: "TemplateFighterE"
000061.992| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Failed to load spell ini or script: "TemplateFighterR"

This is for a match that played perfectly fine. I wonder how would someone ever be able to troubleshoot their crappy LoL with all these issues? I guess the trick is you search for the errors right before you crash or get d/c.

kenbo

I'm 3-0 with the donger now

He's pretty good in soloQ

Highly recommend you guys try him out if you feel you cant carry.

His ult E is borderline disgusting

patchday

Played with Caitlyn (?) while she was on free rotation. It's so nice being able to play an adc that doesn't rely on skillshots. I see why she saw some recent popularity in Worlds

Still haven't played with Jinx yet even though I've owned her for a few weeks.

And LOL! Seeing lots of Cosmic Kassidin running around. he's actually quite deadly to adcs once he gets upclose. I ended up adding on magic resist item to Cait so I could survive his pursuit

Played with Caitlyn (?) while she was on free rotation. It's so nice being able to play an adc that doesn't rely on skillshots. I see why she saw some recent popularity in Worlds

Still haven't played with Jinx yet even though I've owned her for a few weeks.

And LOL! Seeing lots of Cosmic Kassidin running around. he's actually quite deadly to adcs once he gets upclose. I ended up adding on magic resist item to Cait so I could survive his pursuit

half of Caitlyn's abilities are skillshots

killatopak

Gold Member
Well caitlyn is at least considered the beginner's adc right? One of those skill shots aren't usually used to hit people but to get away.

patchday

Yeah I was referring to her dmg dealing abilities as killatopak noted.

Ok off to work. Try not to check neogaf while I'm there so I can feel productive lol. But will catch up on posts later after I get home (if there is any replies)

<edit> Thanks you guys for your advice on Leona build. Over the weekend I played 3 matches and did smashingly well. Only lost 1 match but that was because my kid knocked over my computer and caused me to reboot. So missed like 10-12 mins

kenbo

Caitlyns has a low skill floor so she's passable for beginners,, but to play her properly takes a lot of 'pure adc skill'

Tristana is a good beginner ADC though. She can be effective at low skill

1 targeted spell
1 attack booster to teach you about windows
1 dash
1 peel

Trist has a nice kit for beginners yeah, but you really need to practice farming with her because of her E passive.

I'd say Corki is by far the easiest ADC in the game to learn alongside Graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom