• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkypie

Banned
how difficult would it be for me to jump into this game right now? I played the game quite regularly years ago before they introduced ranked match making. I play dota2 a lot so I know how to MOBA. I'm guessing a lot more champions have been added since I last played.

Where should I start?

Leezard

how difficult would it be for me to jump into this game right now? I played the game quite regularly years ago before they introduced ranked match making. I play dota2 a lot so I know how to MOBA. I'm guessing a lot more champions have been added since I last played.

Where should I start?

Well, there has been a lot of changes. Since you have basic League knowledge and general MOBA knowledge it should be fine though.

You could take a look on this site and see if there's anything new you recognize.

Other than that, it's probably easiest to play a couple of games. Check out some ARAM or CO-OP vs AI to see new champs or just play regular normal games.

ChrisD

Where should I start?

You play Dota 2, you'll do fine.
Unless things have changed in Dote land in the past seven months (completely possible), League is a lot more aggressive than Dota. Mobility is also a big thing in League because of how comparatively small the map is to Dota's. Walls are honestly non-existent in the end-game thanks to all sorts of jumps and wizarding shizniz.

Flash (aka a short ranged Blink Dagger on a five minute Cooldown) is used by literally everyone that has unlocked it. So look out for that and equip it forever and ever because Riot won't just friggin implement it as a thing everyone has built-in.

Read up on the champions currently in free rotation, because unlike in Dota, if you don't know what the enemy does you can't just click them to read up on their abilities. Nice case of screw you, you should have known them already. ALWAYS read on the current free rotation (find them on League's site or by Googling "Free Rotation").

Wards grant you next to no vision in League compared to say, a high ground Dota ward. But, they do their job well and you can throw them around every few minutes no matter who you are using thanks to the Trinket system. Do still play smart with them though. :p

Ummm.. idk any actual gameplay tips though. I've only played League for two weeks. But those are the first things off the top of my head.

Edit: lol you totally know all of this. Somewhere down the line I forgot you said you used to play and wrote like this would be your first time. Whoops.

zkylon

zkylewd

Where should I start?
only way to start is to jump right in. you know the drill, it's absolute mystery early on, billions of unknown characters and abilities and item, and bit by bit it starts making sense in ur head.

i'd say play a few games, pick champions you like how they look (they also have like roles assigned to them like tank/assassin/support) and just try the game out.

if you want to know about a champion or an item or whatever, you can look them up here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki. i use that thing like every day

also if you want a quick and easy build path and skill order you can just look up the champion you're playing here: http://champion.gg/. say http://champion.gg/champion/Lux, scroll down and see that ppl do r>e>q>w and that usually rush athene's and start dorans ring+2 pots, etc.

Man, ADC feels like such a difficult role right now.
you gotta start counting the days

Tizoc

Next patch will make lb, shaco, and wukong clones have blue, red, baron buffs so it's not so easy to spot the fake

As long as buffs stay that is fine I guess, but any debuffs should still remain on only the true champ so it wouldn't make it a bitch to kill them.

no way, i'd be very surprised if they increase the amount of bans

they may change the format, but increasing the amount of bans is not gonna happen imo
The balance QA question was "More bans when" and the response was 5.22 hype, I dunno if it's just the format

zkylon

zkylewd
The balance QA question was "More bans when" and the response was 5.22 hype, I dunno if it's just the format
you read the wrong response, dumbo

There's a chance, but I think we're really hesitant about taking this route, as it does really limit players ability to pick the character they want to play in any given game. I know there are some folks looking at pick/ban structure and I wouldn't be surprised if over the next few years the pick/ban system changed significantly, but it's not something we're directly looking at in the short term.

also they just can't add more bans since each extra ban raises the ranked requirements by 2.

it's also a really shitty idea because then you can just ban like 5 supports, first pick the best one and you just destroyed someone's champion pool. and that's not cool. also it means that some people will absolutely never be able to play their champions.

it's just a bad system to have more bans, 3 is fine

Joco

This might be a stupid question: in the in game item shop is there a way to lock items into one mode or the other? I created a new account because I disliked my summoner name (and didn't feel like paying for a name change), but in game the shop always starts in the grid mode instead of list mode, which is what my previous account would always start in. So at the start of every game I have to switch it from grid to list, when ideally it'd be nice to just set it once and have it stay in list mode every game after. Is there a way to do this? Or is it just random?

Edwardo

Man, ADC feels like such a difficult role right now.

Ya man. It's all i've been playing lately. I feel like it's a battle for me to stay relevant all game. I get more assists than kills more often than not. :/

Prob gonna just pick champs with more utility for the team. Sivir, Ashe, etc..

zkylon

zkylewd
This might be a stupid question: in the in game item shop is there a way to lock items into one mode or the other? I created a new account because I disliked my summoner name (and didn't feel like paying for a name change), but in game the shop always starts in the grid mode instead of list mode, which is what my previous account would always start in. So at the start of every game I have to switch it from grid to list, when ideally it'd be nice to just set it once and have it stay in list mode every game after. Is there a way to do this? Or is it just random?
i'm not sure, i'd think it remembers how u set it last time?

you should maybe try a bit in custom games

zkylon

zkylewd
syndra_by_glaesii-d9ec5h7.jpg

you know who has a targeted ultimate nuke and isn't dumb like veigar

meddler talking about buffs to her passive after preseason, but i need them now ;_;

Fracas

#fuckonami
Think I might give up on the gold dream. I keep getting dumb shit like jungle teemo on my team and i'm wasting time on games I know I'm not going to win. Currently silver I but I don't really feel like playing anymore. I know I suck but it feels stupidly difficult to carry as ADC. I can't stand this bruiser meta.

zkylon

zkylewd
15% true damage :^)
i kind of like their idea of adding extra gameplay to the passive. would be really nice if it's something like viktor upgrades

random ideas:
q - spawns a second ball that deals no dmg on champion hit
w - creates a slowing area where it lands
e - balls pushed by e also push balls they run into for extra dmg/range
r - raises the ball cap to 9
r - if it kills an enemy it creates a small shockwave that knocks back nearby enemies (or the opposite and it has like a black hole effect)

something like that, just extra mechanics, those things are fun

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of like syndra's passive, at least in idea and how it relates to her lore

and i like the sudden surge of power at lvl 9 and 16, it's not super crazy like lvl 6 or anything but i like how her spells feel when maxed out

i'd also like if maybe with each max rank spell her spheres got like .5s more duration or something like that

i dunno, i like her passive, it's not the bestest but i think there's room to do something fun and i like how it really sets her powerspikes

i kind of like syndra's passive, at least in idea and how it relates to her lore

and i like the sudden surge of power at lvl 9 and 16, it's not super crazy like lvl 6 or anything but i like how her spells feel when maxed out

i'd also like if maybe with each max rank spell her spheres got like .5s more duration or something like that

i dunno, i like her passive, it's not the bestest but i think there's room to do something fun and i like how it really sets her powerspikes
Her passive is literally nothing. In fact it's more like it's only there to hold her back, because the effects she gets from maxing out her spells are shit that could just scale with ranks like any other champion - range, width, slow duration, really? - the only spell that comes close to making her passive actually feel worth anything is her Q and even then that's just a base damage/ratio buff which is something other champions already have.

Like, there's so much they could do with her passive but in practice its nonexistant, look at how Darius ult that gets new mechanics and stops costing mana while she gets common, boring shit like increased range, you don't need a passive for that, just put that shit on the spells themselves.

zkylon

zkylewd
look at my suggestions above, silly, like i said, i like the idea of the passive and i like the feeling of "hey my q now hurts a lot and like breaks the ground and looks all red and creepy", but it would be better if they added meaningful new mechanics with each max rank spell

zkylon

zkylewd
syndra is pretty ok in bug territory right now, they should probably give azir that thing for a third passive instead

tho i still sometimes get like a phantom feeling of like syndra's doto mode bug

Riot has a lot of stuff on Syndra's kit that they could already use for her passive, to be honest. Stuff like a rank 5 Q doing different shit if you EQ or WQ it, a rank 5 E doing different shit during a EQ or a QWE, etc.

So much untapped power

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like it's probably pretty tough to balance cos it's not like you ever max w second since it's super key to have a reduced cooldown on your e

but tbh i'd just settle for a good skin

zkylon

zkylewd
champions i need good skins of:
* syndra
* leblanc
* viktor
* maybe lizzy

i'm pretty happy with all my other champions' skins, ori and lux finally go really good ones and kpop ahri is bestest ever.

i sort of want a good azir skin but he gets nerfed and changed so often that i'm just tired of playing him. it's like i take a couple weeks off and i gotta recap what part of his kit they chopped off lately lol

What are you guys thoughts on Veigar?
Was just in a 55 min game (team refused to surrender) and yeah he was one shotting our Trist and Anivia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom