• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had made it so you can't buy multiple boots in like Season 3 or 4. I was wrong.

ef95956c41.png

WELCOME TO JINXS SHOE STORE

zkylon

zkylewd
I can almost guarantee the chests they sell won't require a key.

If they do, that's stupid.
this is the problem with bad wording

if they sold chest+key combos like before then it's still shitty cos it's gambling but at least it's not built on manipulative systems

I thought they had made it so you can't buy multiple boots in like Season 3 or 4. I was wrong.

WELCOME TO JINXS SHOE STORE
i think you can't buy multiple boots 1

garath

As someone who almost exclusively plays solo Team Builder right now, the changes worry me quite a bit.

There's lots of confidence being shown by Riot that the matchmaking system will be able to pair groups of similar sized premades against each othe and the confidence is unwarranted. TB on Friday and Saturday nights is a mess and I routinely get matched with 4 other solo players against premades of 3, 4 even on occasion 5. Forcing the system on everyone for normal draft and eventually ranked might makes things due to a larger player and ground pool from which the matchmaker can choose, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, has there been any word on bringing over current TB's MMR adjustments whenever you play a champion or role you aren't experienced with? Seems to me that not having such adjustments in place could be a source of frustration down the road for players who'd like to switch up their preferred roles.

I'd hope that the greater pool of players playing normal drafts and ranked will provide better premade matchmaking. I know from lolnexus and the like that even normals get mismatched premade conditions right now but I'm hoping it will be more aggressive with it in the future with their new system. TB suffers from a smaller pool. I'm sure of it. I've waited upwards of 10 min for a game before, especially if I choose a popular role.

I think it would be a nice touch to bring the new role adjustment to normal drafts with the new system but they shouldn't for ranked. You shouldn't be experimenting with new roles in ranked. That's what this whole system was designed to prevent - you being forced to do a role you aren't comfortable with. Take it to normals and learn the role or be prepared to face some stiffer competition. Frankly I don't even care if they do it for normals. If you want to take on a new role you can go back to OG teambuilder to learn the ropes or just hit the normals and trial by fire.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm sure Riot has all the maths and stats to make sure people are matched equally in 2+ groups. There will always be that chance of being placed against a four or five man pre made but that would presumably be quite low.

drawkcaB

I'd hope that the greater pool of players playing normal drafts and ranked will provide better premade matchmaking. I know from lolnexus and the like that even normals get mismatched premade conditions right now but I'm hoping it will be more aggressive with it in the future with their new system. TB suffers from a smaller pool. I'm sure of it. I've waited upwards of 10 min for a game before, especially if I choose a popular role.

That's what I'm hoping as well, problem is that I assume there's a larger pool of players in TB on Friday and Saturday nights and those are by far the nights were mismatching teams occurs most frequently, in my experience.

I think it would be a nice touch to bring the new role adjustment to normal drafts with the new system but they shouldn't for ranked. You shouldn't be experimenting with new roles in ranked. That's what this whole system was designed to prevent - you being forced to do a role you aren't comfortable with. Take it to normals and learn the role or be prepared to face some stiffer competition. Frankly I don't even care if they do it for normals. If you want to take on a new role you can go back to OG teambuilder to learn the ropes or just hit the normals and trial by fire.

That's the thing, the new system doesn't do anything to prevent what you've described. I could play 200+ games of jungler or support and there's nothing stopping me from queuing up in ranked as top or whatever. If my MMR were adjusted downwards as is the case with the current TB then it's as much to my benefit as it is to the benefit of others.

Yeah, people shouldn't be bringing new champions, etc. into ranked, but they do. Over four years I've been playing and they still do, and they always will.

New draft seems nice. Bans spread out among the team. You can give the team a notice of what you want to play as. Should also cut down on the mid/top or feed guys.

drawkcaB

The amount of games lost because of dummies getting caught out and you guys can't believe these numbers? 'Cause I sure as hell do.

jerd

So kindred is now the number 1 win rate jungler at 54.6% but riot has confirmed that her passive not having a vs monster cap is unintentional so as soon as they fix the fact that she can baron damn near whenever she wants that should go down

decide to queue up and get a guy first timing ap shaco top with eve jungle and ekko mid. I'm sure there are worse team comps out there but that's well worth the dodge

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So kindred is now the number 1 win rate jungler at 54.6% but riot has confirmed that her passive not having a vs monster cap is unintentional so as soon as they fix the fact that she can baron damn near whenever she wants that should go down

decide to queue up and get a guy first timing ap shaco top with eve jungle and ekko mid. I'm sure there are worse team comps out there but that's well worth the dodge
Shes a glorified jungle vayne.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would say it probably just doesn't take trinket upgrades into account but pretty much nobody upgrades those either

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/escape-darkness-low-elo-warding-and-you
interesting article

not even talking about competitive, i'd say those things on their own completely justify the season 6 vision changes

if one of your core systems isn't being interacted with by such a huge section of the playerbase then there's probably big improvements to be made

ChrisD

Got a message that I've apparently been reported for Harrasment Verbal Abuse after a game.
I don't think I've even said anything lol.

Report system is brokened

Got a message that I've apparently been reported for Harrasment Verbal Abuse after a game.

I got those a ton, even when I don't say anything that bad. Some games I flame people way worse and don't get report and some times I say one thing and then I get reported.

The messages are for when you get an odd spike in reports. Maybe you were in a game with an asshole 4 stack or something.

just had a yasuo tell me I'll never accomplish anything in life because I FF'd against a 7/1 kalista and an 8/1 lulu at 23 minutes

~~league of legends is good~~

jerd

Lol we ff'd against a team with 5 drag and baron with our mid afk and i got the same "talk" from our noc about how giving up in league will result in me giving up on things in real life XD

Nekofrog

Banned
neko toxic isn't actually even very toxic in an up and front sense

it's an extremely passive aggressive form of toxicity in game

ex; a teammate dies while recalling in a brush

nekofrog: "that brush might've been warded, sucks to be you :^) "

the :^) face is one of the most rage inducing faces in league of legends, alongside xD

Newt

I feel like Ghost and I are probably the most toxic members of GAF.

We just know ways to stay generally undetected.

neko toxic isn't actually even very toxic in an up and front sense

it's an extremely passive aggressive form of toxicity in game

ex; a teammate dies while recalling in a brush

nekofrog: "that brush might've been warded, sucks to be you :^) "

the :^) face is one of the most rage inducing faces in league of legends, alongside xD

i use :^) all the time, even in my daily life

it's my favorite thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom