• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

yeah I think they reddit outrage of 4Q is a bit much. I understand there can be lame 4Q's in normal draft, but at the same time from what i've seen, they're trolling because it's normz, or it something like a plat trying to carry is bronze or lvl 30 friends. For the first part, I think generally 4 people queing together in ranked will have them try-harding a lot more than any do in normals. Also they all have to be within one tier of each other, meaning it'll be pretty rare for that to happen anyways, and i'd say if they do they probably are doing so with the intent to climb and no go grief one random in ranked.

Also some people on reddit act like people in soloQ don't already gang up on one person. Can't count the number of times something like top or mid is 0-4 at 4 min. and everyone talks shit to them, or someone takes a dumb summoner skill and everyone bitches, don't need a 4-man premade to get the dogpile experience.

kenbo

But its not even about trolling

4Q + 1
the 4Q barely communicated with me because they were already on skype or something

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've had so many bad solo queue experiences that it's hard to be worried or scared about queuing with four I don't know. Having the option to queue up with up to five people if I feel like it is cool to me.

kenbo

Why cant we just get ingame voice chat

(because tribunal doesn't work anymore)
(then ask google for their voice to text program)
(maybe recording voice takes too much bandwith)
(fuck)

That's a bad experience to you? I love games where no one says anything without me having muted them, we just ping and chill.

"does annie have flash?"
"......."

Feebastic

For my money I've had way more bad experiences with one or two lone assholes per game than any larger groups. Admittedly I nearly always play with at least one person I know, so running into a 4-man barely ever happens to me, but I would rather play with 4 silent people co-ordinating with themselves than some dickhead shitting up the game because he didn't get his role, or 3 people who all locked in adcs and spent the rest of the game flaming each other.

patchday

It's just the whole idea of 4-5 people in a premade vs a group of randoms. No one likes getting ran over by that. Granted, the average premade will still be bad tho. You know how it is- maybe 1 or 2 of the teammates is good but they bring along their awful friends so they can get carried

This also helps opens up the secondary market for Elo boosting. Surely this will make it easier for some decent pro gamer to bring along a few scrubs, boost their elo, and get paid.

I guess Riot was trying to be helpful to the cases where a group of buds wants to play but perhaps opened up themselves even more to elo boosting

On the good side this might help Twitch streamers even more. They can bring along their loyal, paying subscribers in mass quantities. How is Twitch-dom receiving this news? They probably love it.

nbraun80

It's just the whole idea of 4-5 people in a premade vs a group of randoms. No one likes getting ran over by that. Granted, the average premade will still be bad tho. You know how it is- maybe 1 or 2 of the teammates is good but they bring along their awful friends so they can get carried

This also helps opens up the secondary market for Elo boosting. Surely this will make it easier for some decent pro gamer to bring along a few scrubs, boost their elo, and get paid.

I guess Riot was trying to be helpful to the cases where a group of buds wants to play but perhaps opened up themselves even more to elo boosting

On the good side this might help Twitch streamers even more. They can bring along their loyal, paying subscribers in mass quantities. How is Twitch-dom receiving this news? They probably love it.

They've already said that it'll match premades with premade, probably highly unlikely for a group of 5 to be vs 5 randoms. Also for every one memorable bad premade you had, its probably just as likely you were apart of anyother premade and didn't know. I play with 3 buddies from time to time in norms and we just talk in voice to have conversation, we still type stuff in game and ping.

I mean whatever, I guess people could do that, where me playing with a pro who's smurfing is already possible, but pretty frowned upon. I highly doubt big name streamers are going to want that stigma and magnifying glass over them, cause riot with still get you for being challenger and throwing your placements or buying accounts to play with low lvl people. Also most paid elo-boosting is more about a pro straight up playing on someone's account to get it high, not carry 3 people to diamond.

Who cares if players want to play with scrub premades as long a they're using accounts of their own? They still need to be in the same rank as whoever they're playing with unlike ranked teams and they still need to carry said people like normal.

ELO boosting is playing on someone's account for them, Riot has already said they don't care about "duo boosting" or whatever.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm indifferent towards the chest stuff since we already have rentals, free champions, skins and ip boosts and ip rewards just for spinning a roulette every 8 hour on our mobile app connected to our accounts. Grinding for them is just unappealing for me unless the rewards are new like hats and stuff.

garath

Watched nightblue go through the new champ select on pbe this morning. Pretty cool. I know I've stated apprehension about the pre made issue but honestly I want all the changes. The pre made is a lateral move at worst, the rest of the changes are really good and great steps forward to keep the game engaging and fun. I am so over the fighting for roles. I love love love the pick two and get one. I cannot wait for this to go live.

I say this every season but this time I think I mean it. Im just going to go ranked. I want the better games and being able to get my roles every time will make a huge difference to my confidence and skill. When I get to play 5-10 games a week tops, it really hurts me having to fill. I am so ready. Bring it on riot!

jerd

so many awesome touches on pbe

just being able to hear everyone's champ select quote when picked is really cool xD

I was wondering how many of you guys just listen to the league music and sound effects when playing. Because when I play I have just the sound effects on and I have my own music playing. I can usually hear the major sounds like flashs and stuff like that but I can't hear champions voices. Listening to just to the league music and sound effects gets boring quick for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
being able to buy keys with ip is an alright thing i guess since it creates a needed money sink that the game economy kinda needed. ip cost is held to the same worries than key shard drop rates tho, if it's balanced around you buying keys then it's not really that great

also it's one chest per champion per year, sounds like ppl will be getting like 10-20? getting an s score isn't super hard but doesn't happen every day and not many people play that many champions i guess

Edwardo

I was wondering how many of you guys just listen to the league music and sound effects when playing. Because when I play I have just the sound effects on and I have my own music playing. I can usually hear the major sounds like flashs and stuff like that but I can't hear champions voices. Listening to just to the league music and sound effects gets boring quick for me.

I'm always listening to music when I play. I don't turn down any of the volume settings in League either. Tbh, I play worse if I don't have music on.

killatopak

Gold Member
being able to buy keys with ip is an alright thing i guess since it creates a needed money sink that the game economy kinda needed. ip cost is held to the same worries than key shard drop rates tho, if it's balanced around you buying keys then it's not really that great

also it's one chest per champion per year, sounds like ppl will be getting like 10-20? getting an s score isn't super hard but doesn't happen every day and not many people play that many champions i guess

I only play like 4 champs the most and other champs like once or twice.

This'll be pretty hard on me. I need to learn a lot more during preseason.

Wait, you need to get an S? I think I've only gotten that with Leona, Nami, and Quinn, Sucks for me if that's true

Apparently the pick intent thing gets shown to your opponent. That seems like a bug but is probably an oversight since the Enemy can normally see your hovers. That'd be pretty dumb if that makes it through.

nbraun80

Apparently the pick intent thing gets shown to your opponent. That seems like a bug but is probably an oversight since the Enemy can normally see your hovers. That'd be pretty dumb if that makes it through.
I've done a couple drafts on the pbe and haven't seen their intent picks, probably just a bug for someone.

Kenai

I've had so many bad solo queue experiences that it's hard to be worried or scared about queuing with four I don't know. Having the option to queue up with up to five people if I feel like it is cool to me.

I'm the same way. I can't think of how getting a 4 man queue (with all the work involved to do so in ranked anyway) would be so much worse than the random terrible botlane duo I get now. The restrictions make it too rare to worry about vs what's up now.

These changes seem very positive at best and different (for the most part) at worst. Nothing I've seen that I could call objectively bad.

Getting an S requires your team to be somewhat good too but it's not THAT hard. I have gotten an S with pretty much all the champions I really live playing (~18 or so) at one point or another, and I don't play that much.

If anything, I would like it if they would break your grade down so there was more transparency on where to improve for next game. Since it "matters" more now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I only play like 4 champs the most and other champs like once or twice.

This'll be pretty hard on me. I need to learn a lot more during preseason.
well, i'm guessing they have studies of on average how many s scores per year people get

i think 10-20 a year for ppl like us that plays a lot is not that crazy, tho i guess 5-15 also works.

like, i know i've gotten at least 10 s ranks with different champions since the mastery stuff got added and that was like less than 6 months ago?

i do play lots of different champions so might not be representative of majority of people, but i dunno, doesn't sound so far fetched to me, we all get stuck with adc or whatever and randomly play mf and roll over somehow worse than ourselves people every now and then.

most certainly a bug

Wait, you need to get an S? I think I've only gotten that with Leona, Nami, and Quinn, Sucks for me if that's true
well here's an incentive for you to play better i guess. die less, buy wards, have good cs, that kind of metric stuff

just play support

ez
i think support is actually kind of hard to get s?

i think mid is pretty easy tbh, i'm guessing the algorithm riot's made has come to expect very little from mids so i really do get a lot of s scores lol

Kenai

s is easy to get honestly

it's s+ that's impossible

i swear to god u need to do some sort of satanic ritual in order to actually get that.

That feel when you get an S+ and you literally don't know what you did differently from your A- last game.

Breakdown of grade plz Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
s is easy to get honestly

it's s+ that's impossible

i swear to god u need to do some sort of satanic ritual in order to actually get that.
well maybe my support friend is bad or something

i get s+ a lot in mid and he often has scores i'd consider better than mine and he's like A again!?

garath

I honestly don't even pay attention to my end of game rank. I have no idea how many S ranks I get. Wish the match history tracked it.

I just noticed yesterday that I've mastered khazix and hit level 4 on Elise. Guess that's something.

*My 2 cents on what Ranked should be:

Solo Queue: Parties of one playing w/ and against parties of one.
Ranked 3s: Same as is
Ranked 5s: Same as is

You're a group of 3 or 4 who can't play Ranked on Summoner's Rift because you don't have other friends who play? Oh well. Play Normals like you've been doing.

giphy.gif

*I'm not dismissing the Dynamic Queue, and I look forward to seeing it in action.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of the chest stuff

mastery system still doesn't matter for that, right?

like, you get chests based on your score and you get keys based on how many ppl are in your party, but mastery points are still useless, right?

i'm not really complaining, just wondering

jerd

I feel like there should be a coin toss after bans. Winner gets first pick. Too much power during ban phase in picking first

Maybe even a choice between blue side or first pick but that would require admitting blue side is superior

drawkcaB

As someone who almost exclusively plays solo Team Builder right now, the changes worry me quite a bit.

There's lots of confidence being shown by Riot that the matchmaking system will be able to pair groups of similar sized premades against each othe and the confidence is unwarranted. TB on Friday and Saturday nights is a mess and I routinely get matched with 4 other solo players against premades of 3, 4 even on occasion 5. Forcing the system on everyone for normal draft and eventually ranked might makes things due to a larger player and ground pool from which the matchmaker can choose, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, has there been any word on bringing over current TB's MMR adjustments whenever you play a champion or role you aren't experienced with? Seems to me that not having such adjustments in place could be a source of frustration down the road for players who'd like to switch up their preferred roles.

For those who just want to pick up loot at a significant discount, we'll also be offering unique types of chests in the store that are guaranteed to be good deals! Finally, if the rewards you earn aren't something you see yourself ever using, you can swap them for other content via the crafting table.

Well then, they're going to be selling the chests @_@ gg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom