• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Eh, I generally don't insult people.

Usually I just troll game and in chat I'm like " dw guys, we can do this."

Must be infuriating.

When I do insult people it's in postgame lobby where people don't care anyways.

I'm actually kinda glad that with the new system, I won't have to troll as much anymore.

faridmon

We just threw away a game where we were leading 17-3 because people thought they were too good and went in solo in teamfights

ah well, happens but it was just frustrating to watch people getting killed one by one.

We just threw away a game where we were leading 17-3 because people thought they were too good and went in solo in teamfights

ah well, happens but it was just frustrating to watch people getting killed one by one.

this is the worst way to lose

mostly because the first couple of times it's "lol oops xD" and nobody ever learns a lesson.

Until the fourth time, when someone gets caught and you lose baron and two towers off of it. Then you're playing from behind but you forgot how because you've just been rinky dinking solo the whole time, and the other team has had to teamplay to get back into it.

Yeah, that blows. Top laners seem the most prone to throw a game if they're far ahead. No idea why. When I see a top laner ahead, I brace myself for their inevitable implosion. Especially if Zed or Yi.

faridmon

this is the worst way to lose

mostly because the first couple of times it's "lol oops xD" and nobody ever learns a lesson.

Until the fourth time, when someone gets caught and you lose baron and two towers off of it. Then you're playing from behind but you forgot how because you've just been rinky dinking solo the whole time, and the other team has had to teamplay to get back into it.

It was certainly an eye opener. I was playing supp and our adc was getting kills left and right. We even had the audacity to actually not ward at all and let us gank where we just dealt without without a sweat. our adc went 13-2. Our mid and top had a quite laning face, neither died alot, but also they didn't get a kills. But when it came to roaming stage, e got too cocky. I left my ADC to help out mid (a Lulu who was playing passive) where our ADC though he could handle 3 at a time, but got nothing for a while and died like 4 in a row.

I was doing badly with mid. Their Diana was super good and kept targeting me all the time, and I started feeding. Then when it came to TF, our Gnar kept jumoing towards the end thinking he would get their adc and subsequently died each time, while we had no protection. Our jungler kept jungling and their Teemo was quite Motherfucker who just flanked us all the time.

But yeah, it was the worst, but then I remembered that I have won games such as these as well, so it happens and I ended up learning a lesson.

jerd

0YGM8.jpg

I'm 100% positive i just entered an mmr wormhole to bronze

nobody farmed the whole game just fought. 99 kills smh

this game included a 5+ minute dragon fight where everyone just kept running back in to die after respawning.

nobody got dragon

faridmon

Yeah, that blows. Top laners seem the most prone to throw a game if they're far ahead. No idea why. When I see a top laner ahead, I brace myself for their inevitable implosion. Especially if Zed or Yi.

It was actually strange to see Gnar going all aggressive in teamfights (which pretty much meant that he hasn't that helpful at all) while being passive during laning phase, but to be fair, we all became too complacent and its hard to actually focus back once you start develop a habit for ''playing about''

jerd

part of your job as a support is roaming and ganking so that's generally not good advice. its just all about timing

Newt

The main thing to remember as supp is that XP is a super important resource and if you're gonna roam at the cost of XP it's a huge sacrifice.

actually you can mitigate that by taking the experience mastery in utility. it's not great but it's better than the other options for support and gives u a bit more roaming leeway

patchday

We won but our Tahm trolled us hard. Maybe I stole his kills and pissed him off? I dunno. He'd grab me for no reason and spit at the enemy Morg's bolts. I'd get immobilized and slain. I laughed it off tho and played like it was no big deal. So he moved on to troll our other teammates. whew!

Silly Riot what the heck were they thinking when they added Tahm?! At least give teammates the choice whether or not they want to be grabbed somehow. Give me an option in my settings that I can turn on/off.

Should've hit report button but it was kinda funny even though he made the game last twice as long

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I still can't believe Yi can still hyper carry like no one's business.
The main thing to remember as supp is that XP is a super important resource and if you're gonna roam at the cost of XP it's a huge sacrifice.
But bard solves all those problems.

kenbo

I'm 100% positive i just entered an mmr wormhole to bronze

nobody farmed the whole game just fought. 99 kills smh

this game included a 5+ minute dragon fight where everyone just kept running back in to die after respawning.

nobody got dragon

sounds like fun

patchday

Other day I saw a Yasuo on my team solo a Baron. Is this really a thing? He held his own yo

I know I'm probably gonna get shunned for talking positive bout Yasuo tho lol

faridmon

part of your job as a support is roaming and ganking so that's generally not good advice. its just all about timing

I can't get the roaming right at all. Most of the times, my ganks never amounts to anything and while doing that my adc normally gets himself killed in the process

actually you can mitigate that by taking the experience mastery in utility. it's not great but it's better than the other options for support and gives u a bit more roaming leeway

Yeah, I have that (I think), XP has never been an issue to be fair.

Other day I saw a Yasuo on my team solo a Baron. Is this really a thing? He held his own yo

I know I'm probably gonna get shunned for talking positive bout Yasuo tho lol

I have been playing with some good Yasou lately. Once you see a good one, is when you actually have a guarantee wins.

patchday

I think you got support confused with Jungler. Support is the ADC's Bitch. All match, all day, everyday

granted, I'm still in my placement matches. But I'm guessing I'm bronze material? I dunno. I'm 3/2 wins

faridmon

I certainly have noticed a surge of more aggressive supps against adc in lanes as of late. I don't know if it has something to do with a new meta or any nerf to adc items, but was I shocked to see a Braum getting a kill on a Kindered in 1v1 when I was a spectating a high ELO match earlier today.

the best way i've ever heard it explained is that the support is the trainer and the adc is the pokemon. support calls the plays, makes the plays, is the lead dancer.

patchday

before an adc has 3 items that dude is the team bitch.

Exactly. When I watch the pros play this is what I see as well.

Nevermind you mean the adc is the team's bitch. I can agree with that reasoning. This is why the Adc needs the support there. just common sense. At least til ADC can roam

Support is ADCs bitch? Other way around buddy. ADC can't do shit against meta supports early game.

Yeah but what's a roaming solo Braum going to do with a support build? Maybe I misunderstood Jerd. Surely he's much higher elo then me. Maybe he's tlaking bout a support Annie or something lol. Even then, I'd say nurse the ADC.

I'm saying dont fucking roam when the baby ADC has no items. But surely Jerd knows this.

Think it's my bed time, peace :)

I have no clue why it's these 2, but I'm stuck between if I want Ekko or Katarina. Kat seems like she has fallen off the wagon though. Or I can finally get Yas and add myself to the list of people who suck with him . . .

patchday

Yeah I never hear Kat get mention anymore which is weird. Havent even bothered looking at her win rate

Yasuo is a solid purchase with the win rate to back it up. Granted, I'm not going to play him in ranked. I'm sticking to bottom lane as support / adc role

nbraun80

Exactly. When I watch the pros play this is what I see as well.

Nevermind you mean the adc is the team's bitch. I can agree with that reasoning. This is why the Adc needs the support there. just common sense. At least til ADC can roam

Yeah but what's a roaming solo Braum going to do with a support build? Maybe I misunderstood Jerd. Surely he's much higher elo then me. Maybe he's tlaking bout a support Annie or something lol. Even then, I'd say nurse the ADC.

I'm saying dont fucking roam when the baby ADC has no items. But surely Jerd knows this.

Think it's my bed time, peace :)

idk all braum needs is Q and he's a pretty deadly roamer, can at least burn a mid flash.

patchday

yasuo players are either mediocre or suck ass.

EDIT: lmfao

lol and I was just mentioning Annie yo

I need to try support Annie.

idk all braum needs is Q and he's a pretty deadly roamer, can at least burn a mid flash.

Yo for real? How much dmg does this guy do solo? It's gotta be utter crap compared to an ADC with at least a few items. Granted I never ever see Braum at my elo. Like -never-. So I might be 100% wrong!!!

Okay I'm still awake. Maybe I should try to do a ranked match right fast. Want to see if I'm Bronze trash before season over

nbraun80

lol and I was just mentioning Annie yo

I need to try support Annie.

Yo for real? How much dmg does this guy do solo? It's gotta be utter crap compared to an ADC with at least a few items. Granted I never ever see Braum at my elo. Like -never-. So I might be 100% wrong!!!

Okay I'm still awake. Maybe I should try to do a ranked match right fast. Want to see if I'm Bronze trash before season over

not saying braum does a lot of damage solo, saying if you gank for your mid on a roam and hit a q, you can usually get a flash with the fear of the stun coming. he's also strong lvl1 for invades as well just because he can auto a bunch of people and start the stun stacks.

Not to quote myself...but we just had a game with a top lane Ahri that threw the whole thing. Seriously---what is with top lane? Must be something in the water up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom