• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
addtext_com_MTg1NTU3NzQ5MTY.jpg

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
DJWTvSB.png

Should i even bother? I don't care much for this account as I main on EUW but it's a free skin, even if it's not bandit sivir.

On the other hand gold players don't get to play with bronzies and that's where the fun is.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This Jinx skin doesn't even seem worth the discounted 970 RP. Same jokes, same dance, same everything bar visual tweaks to skills and a slightly different recall.

JulianImp

I got to unbench the Kench myself in two normal games today, and he seemed interesting enough thanks to his ulti and W, even though his E never felt all that appealing and I kept forgetting about it. I'll be going for him once I get I'm done getting Blitz and its harrowing skin.

On the other hand, with Blitz and Kench as my future purchases it looks like it's going to be a while before I get any more variety in roles. So far my purchased champs have been, in order of acquisition: Nami, Kog, Morgana, Lulu, Annie, Veigar and Thresh, sort of cementing me as a support main with maybe mid as my secondary role of choice.

Anyone know if and when was the last time summer Lulu and underwater Thresh were on sale? I'd probably wait for them skin if there's a chance they'd go on sale somewhat soon, but if that isn't the case I might end up buying one soon-ish. As for Lulu I'm still kind of torn between that and her winter skin, but pufferfish > poro.

4 support mains in 1 lobby what the fuck

That's crazy.

I usually only play support/mid but I'm starting to open up to jungling and top more. Been using Hecarim and Poppy. Need a lot more practice though and to learn the matchups. With jungling I'm not great at gauging priorities and what order to do camps in yet but the change is nice from always being botlane.

Poppy's getting her rework this month too right? Wonder how much they're going to change her. I hardly see her in games but her kit isn't all that bad.

drawkcaB

I got this in a Mystery Gift a few months back. It's one of my favorite skins in the game. Like ten billion times better than Arcade.

Agreed. I feel the same way. Kind of a shame in a way. I think the core concept of a Sleepy Hollow theme Hecarim skin is so solid it should have actually been a 1350RP skin with the added FX for that skin tier.

I also like Reaper Hecarim but I've never caught it on sale. I still believe that should have been his base skin. It matches the newer Shadow Isles skins like Thresh, Kalista, and VU karthus way more. Regular Hecarim looks like ass.

Arcade Hecarim feels clunky to me. I think it's the audio and Q interaction.

Even from a visual standpoint it doesn't really suit Hecarim. It's basically supposed to be a joke skin in a way but there's tons of stuff still in there from his regular skin that really breaks the whole feel. It should have been 1820 RP tier with whole new voice work, etc. Maybe? I dunno. For how popular it is it's not that great.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Agreed. I feel the same way. Kind of a shame in a way. I think the core concept of a Sleepy Hollow theme Hecarim skin is so solid it should have actually been a 1350RP skin with the added FX for that skin tier.

I also like Reaper Hecarim but I've never caught it on sale. I still believe that should have been his base skin. It matches the newer Shadow Isles skins like Thresh, Kalista, and VU karthus way more. Regular Hecarim looks like ass.

Even from a visual standpoint it doesn't really suit Hecarim. It's basically supposed to be a joke skin in a way but there's tons of stuff still in there from his regular skin that really breaks the whole feel. It should have been 1820 RP tier with whole new voice work, etc. Maybe? I dunno. For how popular it is it's not that great.
Arcade Hecarim is popular because he was a free skin and codes went out. At least that's how I feel. He was also a very popular and powerful champion around when the skin came out I think. Don't remember entirely.

I generally am not very fond of the codified Shadow Isles aesthetic that's across like Hecarim, Thresh, Kalista, Karthus. Just sort of boring from a color scheme perspective that doesn't pop right. For a lot of champs from the Shadow Isles their Blood Moon skin just seems to have way more personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom