• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
As a person who loved old kogmaw, he just felt like a worse jinx at times (hence why pros had lots of jinx comps but kogmaw was left behind)

All those jinx tahm kench comps but no kogmaw.... because he was just a bad version of her.
jinx is op, just nerf jinx then.

these changes seem like they take away all the beauty of juggermaw and good kogmaw play in exchange for like standing still? and like adds a ton of complicated junk that i don't feel he needed

i think it makes the champion less fun and interesting

subtles

e9ca29866e7f42caab53f226c76656cd.jpg

a real beauty

how can Ghost be so heartless

kenbo

jinx is op, just nerf jinx then.

these changes seem like they take away all the beauty of juggermaw and good kogmaw play in exchange for like standing still? and like adds a ton of complicated junk that i don't feel he needed

i think it makes the champion less fun and interesting
err
jinx and kog basically occupied the same space though. if you nerf jinx then why would you pick her over kogmaw?

and new kog doesnt add any complicated junk at all. you just stand still and kill things?
I dont know if new kog is fun kog, but it's a clear step at separating kog and jinx from that long range late game carry business and with jinx new passive shes moving into late game gotta get that reset ranged carry kog will be the premiere stand still on hit carry

it sounds like youre not thinking about what youre saying and youre talking with emotion rather than thought
ur all lame

kog is an ugly motherfucker
hes cute-ugly

I don't know how I feel about new MF. I juuuust picked her up like two weeks ago but impure shots was what I liked most about her. Now you're kinda rewarded for switching targets instead of attacking the same one.

I'm sure it's much more involved and fun to play, but I'll have to try it for myself to see.

zkylon

zkylewd
err
jinx and kog basically occupied the same space though. if you nerf jinx then why would you pick her over kogmaw?

and new kog doesnt add any complicated junk at all. you just stand still and kill things?
I dont know if new kog is fun kog, but it's a clear step at separating kog and jinx from that long range late game carry business and with jinx new passive shes moving into late game gotta get that reset ranged carry
jinx -> resets / utility / fast pushing / aoe / poke / hypercarry / waveclear
kog -> poke / juggermawing / hypercarry

they were distinct enough, ppl just play jinx cos she's stupidly easy to play and she's op since as you can see her list of "traits" is super dumb. so you nerf jinx you have your different champions. separating for separating's sake is dumb and attaching a gimmick that goes against what's great about a champion

like everything, we'll see when it's up for testing. it's pretty darn difficult to gauge what effect everything will have when they pretty much changed everything, but from the patchnotes it's a super bad direction for a champion that was perfectly fine

it sounds like youre not thinking about what youre saying and youre talking with emotion rather than thought
fuck off boko

I don't know how I feel about new MF. I juuuust picked her up like two weeks ago but impure shots was what I liked most about her. Now you're kinda rewarded for switching targets instead of attacking the same one.

I'm sure it's much more involved and fun to play, but I'll have to try it for myself to see.
i think it's an ok change since impure shots never quite felt that much fun. i don't know if the replacement is any good, but at least sounds a lot less boring, plus the other changes to her kit sound cool

kenbo

man the TSM v H2K drama keeps going

apparently h2k boss tried to change his logs

so tsm looks like

top ???
jg - sven
mid - bjerg
adc - dbl
sup - kasing

looks good but who will top... zion?

jinx -> resets / utility / fast pushing / aoe / poke / hypercarry / waveclear
kog -> poke / juggermawing / hypercarry

they were distinct enough, ppl just play jinx cos she's stupidly easy to play and she's op since as you can see her list of "traits" is super dumb. so you nerf jinx you have your different champions. separating for separating's sake is dumb and attaching a gimmick that goes against what's great about a champion

like everything, we'll see when it's up for testing. it's pretty darn difficult to gauge what effect everything will have when they pretty much changed everything, but from the patchnotes it's a super bad direction for a champion that was perfectly fine

fuck off boko
but how is kog too complicated

jinx -> resets / fast pushing / hypercarry / waveclear
kog -> poke / hypercarry

so they made her more reset reliant
and made kog more of a hypercarry because theres no point pushing him into varus' or corki's space

whats wrong with that

besides, he still has synergy with lulu due to his insane attack speed so hurray juggerlulu

zkylon

zkylewd
but how is kog too complicated
saying a ton was dumb but i don't think his ult being an execute is a change he needs, nor is this weird double attack speed half damage gimmick thing

jinx -> resets / fast pushing / hypercarry / waveclear
kog -> poke / hypercarry

so they made her more reset reliant
and made kog more of a hypercarry because theres no point pushing him into varus' or corki's space

whats wrong with that

besides, he still has synergy with lulu due to his insane attack speed so hurray juggerlulu
neither corki or varus are hypercarries and there's always gonna be some overlap. corki and varus and ezreal overlap on poke/siege, caitlyn and draven and kalista overlap as lane bullies, lucian and vayne overlap in mobility, etc.

varus has a lot of problems with his design since he kind of doesn't do anything unique and corki is very early game oriented because of his scaling

kogmaw is one of the most unique adcs in the game, why would you change the one that's right

kenbo

omg you guys...

7d9wKJA.gif

:((((((((

holy shit

i need a moment....

seeing that dragon forlornly check tristana.... somehow fills me with determination.

Conceptually, kog is still simple though. u press the button and kill things.

yeah, and thats why they've separated all the adcs even further into a certain speciality. cait closer to sieging, corki closer to magic etc

i dont know how kog was unique, he presses a button to gain power and had some long ranged poke/brush check

he still has all those things unique to him

i dont get where you're coming from at all.
who cares if his ult is an execute now, it doesn't change him at all. the reason why it's there is to give him things to do during his downtime since his ult became worthless for adc kog outside of procing trinity

kenbo

WTF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...uzi_transfer_bidding_rumored_to_have_reached/

UZI's transfer cost is currently at 7.8 million USD?!?

and some joker thinks its dumb to take teams to court over players

but seriously, how is uzi worth that much? the guy is amazing, but he seems like he has poor attitude. youre paying for an uncut diamond, not a flawless diamond like faker.

questionable minion pushing changes gonna be in 5.23 apparently

it's a good idea but im concerned with how invisible it is
its so hard to calculate even with a buff showing all of it.

WTF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...uzi_transfer_bidding_rumored_to_have_reached/

but seriously, how is uzi worth that much? the guy is amazing, but he seems like he has poor attitude. youre paying for an uncut diamond, not a flawless diamond like faker.

Assholes tend to be good players.

I should know, I am one. But then I stopped being an asshole. Funny how that works.

WTF.

It's called a bubble.

It's the same reason so many NA LCS teams are selling right now.

a bubble is just a label

what are the reasons for this uzi is worth 7.8 million bubble

Because the bubble inflates his value? He's obviously not worth 7.8 million but that's the value they give him because of estimated future earnings for X team/organization. It's not as bad as Silicon Valley... got a friend who's a lawyers for startup out there and some of the numbers they throw out for new startups is lulzworthy.

Even though that 7.8 maybe x5 to x10 his actual worth I don't think it's that bad compare to the shit I've seen.

Tizoc

New tristana skin: Awesome
New tristana skin splash: Take it back to the fucking drawing board please

Also Illaoi's voice is dat hotness <3

basically - whys there a bubble

I'm still trying to figure out how you are so surprise by it. Riot had revenue of over 1 billion last year. I don't' know what the profits is but if revenue is in the billion then there is obviously money within the industry. And if there is money and growth then value are skewed. I don't know what the actual percentage of Uzi's buyout as to oppose of a top notch NFL/MLB/NBA/EPL player is but 7.8 meh seems probably about right. With traditional sports you can better estimate earning potential because you know the timeline with E-Sports since it's so new no one really knows so people throwing out random numbers.

For example in the NBA you know players have hit their 40's and still playing. In the NFL around 32-35 is probably where it stops, and in Baseball depending on position can also go into the 40's. I'm sure with E-Sports the career is a lot shorter but there no real precedent that says Uzi can't lost X more years so these guys just throwing out numbers to raise the price of this buyout.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't followed much of League in the past year but what's the deal with top now? Clear a camp and then TP back to lane with extra health potions? Was this something only doable in this year's jungle or just only recently popularized?

kenbo

Haven't followed much of League in the past year but what's the deal with top now? Clear a camp and then TP back to lane with extra health potions? Was this something only doable in this year's jungle or just only recently popularized?

do-able in this years jungle and only recently popularised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom