• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Haven't followed much of League in the past year but what's the deal with top now? Clear a camp and then TP back to lane with extra health potions? Was this something only doable in this year's jungle or just only recently popularized?
It was popularized this year due to tp being the go to summoner spell on top lane.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
It was popularized this year due to tp being the go to summoner spell on top lane.

Played a few games tonight in a stack and thought something was off. Played top lane against a yasuo who showed late to the lane at level 2 but didn't tp in.

So what's the counterplay around it? Take a camp as well and wait for Riot to patch it? Is this present through all elo's or only a specific mininum?

Edit: I guess you could try to show at the camp and just kill the summoner at lowish hp.

kenbo

Played a few games tonight in a stack and thought something was off. Played top lane against a yasuo who showed late to the lane at level 2 but didn't tp in.

So what's the counterplay around it? Take a camp as well and wait for Riot to patch it? Is this present through all elo's or only a specific mininum?

Edit: I guess you could try to show at the camp and just kill the summoner at lowish hp.

if he didnt TP in, then he shouldve lost out

patch 5.22 will alleviate this. top laners wont get lvl 2 from a camp and teleport is less powerful and desirable

Leezard

The counterplay is to either

A. Take a camp of your own.
B. Try to kill them
C. If you're on blue side, pull the enemy minions away to make your minions run into the enemy tower to make them miss a whole wave.

Nevertheless, you should see less of this in the new patch today.

Skux

OK just started making the new Mastery pages and I'd like to know if anyone has recommended set ups?

Here's what I'm using:

Support Tanks - Flex between Recovery/Unyielding for early/late game and Insight/Perseverance depending on taste

Support Healers - Flex between Explorer/Tough skin for roaming/lane and Insight/Perseverance depending on taste

Support Mages - same as above but take Thunderlords decree. Bandit is too good to pass up so you pretty much have to go Cunning

AD Carries - Flex between Bounty Hunter/Oppressor and Warlord's Bloodlust/Fervor of Battle

Jungle AP & AD Tanks - Personally I like a little offense on my tanks but you can also go 6/6/18 and take Feast instead of Double Edged Sword for more sustain.

Jungle AD Fighters - Flex between Deathfire Touch/Fervor of Battle depending on champ.

AP Mages - take Bounty Hunter if you're a snowball champ

Bruisers - Flex between Runic Armor/Veteran's Scars depending if you have a self-heal or not

I don't play much top lane but it's not too hard to figure out your choices depending on what you want to do in the game (sustain vs damage, early vs late game, attacks vs spell damage).

Tizoc

Here's what I'm using:

Support Tanks - Flex between Recovery/Unyielding for early/late game and Insight/Perseverance depending on taste

Support Healers - Flex between Explorer/Tough skin for roaming/lane and Insight/Perseverance depending on taste

Support Mages - same as above but take Thunderlords decree. Bandit is too good to pass up so you pretty much have to go Cunning

AD Carries - Flex between Bounty Hunter/Oppressor and Warlord's Bloodlust/Fervor of Battle

Jungle AP Tanks - Personally I like a little offense on my tanks but you can also go 6/6/18 and take Feast instead of Double Edged Sword for more sustain.

Thanks mate, I'll try them out in matches later.

kenbo

The counterplay is to either

A. Take a camp of your own.
B. Try to kill them
C. If you're on blue side, pull the enemy minions away to make your minions run into the enemy tower to make them miss a whole wave.

Nevertheless, you should see less of this in the new patch today.

wtf how do you pull off C?

best I can think of is to cause the enemy wave to push and give you wave control + your minions die faster

Leezard

best I can think of is to cause the enemy wave to push and give you wave control + your minions die faster
You pull it towards the enemy tri brush to make your minions just walk past them. I had a top laner in ranked that got screwed over because the enemy did this. That said it is really uncommon to see this. I don't know if the minion aggro changes changed the possibility of doing this.

killatopak

Gold Member

It's called the seraph strategy. You pull the minions into the tribush slowly making sure you keep aggro. You let your own wave hit the tower so the enemy minions push you to your own tower due to combining two waves. The enemy laner misses two waves of minion due to this plus you can also freeze the lane near your tower.

subtles

It can also be done red side. You just consume a pot afterwards and move in to lane. It's far more risky as you're behind the tower but I've found a great deal of success with it. Usually best on champions like Gangplank that go 3 red pots and a Flask.

kenbo

You pull it towards the enemy tri brush to make your minions just walk past them. I had a top laner in ranked that got screwed over because the enemy did this. That said it is really uncommon to see this. I don't know if the minion aggro changes changed the possibility of doing this.

It's called the seraph strategy. You pull the minions into the tribush slowly making sure you keep aggro. You let your own wave hit the tower so the enemy minions push you to your own tower due to combining two waves. The enemy laner misses two waves of minion due to this plus you can also freeze the lane near your tower.
TY

Mechanic in question if anybody is wondering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAOLLjr20g

As I suspected, you'll have to consume a pot for it. Its defnitely a trade off - seeing as the other laner comes in with an extra pot and lvl 2 immediately

WTF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...uzi_transfer_bidding_rumored_to_have_reached/

UZI's transfer cost is currently at 7.8 million USD?!?

and some joker thinks its dumb to take teams to court over players

but seriously, how is uzi worth that much? the guy is amazing, but he seems like he has poor attitude. youre paying for an uncut diamond, not a flawless diamond like faker.

it's a good idea but im concerned with how invisible it is
its so hard to calculate even with a buff showing all of it.

Hmm. Wonder if its the dudes upstairs from where I work. Venture Capitalists who bought an eSports team but it doesn't have any players.

Guess we will see on the 16th (I think that's when free agency or whatever starts, right?)

kenbo

Hmm. Wonder if its the dudes upstairs from where I work. Venture Capitalists who bought an eSports team but it doesn't have any players.

Guess we will see on the 16th (I think that's when free agency or whatever starts, right?)

I doubt a western organisation would be paying that much for a non-english speaking player. it doesn't make much sense in a financial, branding and a competitive sense. And are you sure the VC that bought an esports team isnt Immortals?

I'm not sure how true the 8mil figure is. Uzi is certainly worth a lot though, thats the only take away I have.

The TSM H2K drama is getting hillarious. Apparently the H2K CEO edited Skype logs? Can't wait till Riot gives their say in it
omg you guys...

7d9wKJA.gif

:((((((((
Lowkey pay to win because it forces you not to die so you don't have to see this

Tristana
Rocket Jump (W):
Damage lowered to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/110/160/210/260
Slow duration increased to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
NEW EFFECT: Targets marked with explosive charge take 25% increased damage per stack but are slowed less.
Riot why would you get rid of all the combo/reset shit in Trist's kit only to start adding it again before the new patch even hits?
When do we get the borders?
Rewards should be rolling out the moment the patch goes off IIRC

Might not be instant tho

Tizoc

So seeing as BF Sword is cheaper now, would it be a good first item for ADCs to build towards? I tested Twitch for a bit, the reset on his Q is gonna take a while to get used to, but I like it.

jerd

As someone who hardly ever plays adc, I'm really glad ie rush as standard is most likely gone. Always felt so meh to complete

So seeing as BF Sword is cheaper now, would it be a good first item for ADCs to build towards? I tested Twitch for a bit, the reset on his Q is gonna take a while to get used to, but I like it.
For IE carries BF was always what you wanted to buy first unless you didn't have the gold for it
As someone who hardly ever plays adc, I'm really glad ie rush as standard is most likely gone. Always felt so meh to complete
Most IE ADCs are still gonna rush it

kenbo

This is for someone who was crying about AP itemisation nerfs....

I calculated the item gold efficiencies by updating shakrez's spreadsheet for 5.22

Pretty many items across the board had their gold efficiencies lowered by about 7-9%

TAfUQwc.png
BkS1Hq4.png

AP lost a little less efficiency from season 5 to season 6 compared to AD items.

Interesting takeaways:
IE took a huge hit to efficiency. but makes up for it with big synergies with warlord's bloodlust keystone
As did Zhonya's, regulating it to a purely situational buy.
Trinity took a pretty big hit to efficiency (i know the numbers are wrong in the image). perhaps the loss of AS and AP is made up by CDR which is generally rare on trinity users. and perhaps the extra synergy with essence reaver is really valuable too
botrk got killed too, but it has a lot of synergy with lord dominik's regard

The core AP items everything other than Zhonyas - CDR item (athenes/morellos), DCap, void staff all remain ok, losing the nominal efficiency from the season6 pass.
Mages will kinda function similiar to before.

Ghostblade didn't lose any efficiency and so, relatively stronger.
Essence reaver also didnt lose much efficiency at 20% additional crit.

In general, caster ADC item efficiency matches Mage item efficiency sitting around 100%. Caster AD will probably have a stronger midgame than before since they can be crit based. Question marks float around how the nerfed LW will affect them - since caster AD have always relied on rushing ArPen really early, I assume their late game will be a little worse

The true "ADC items" - the multiplier items (IE falls here), eg. AS%, Crit%, energised effect, %bonusARpen and giant Slaying items generally have less than 100% efficiency and make up for the efficiency deficiency by being more than the sum of the parts on an adc - as it should be.

I'm curious how corki will be since he doesnt have to deal with the nerfed LW and just buy void whilst scaling his auto attacks in an AD build...

season 6 item sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oIvQtGqhen5KCyt-8OVqNruGhCIxg-exB3v97BkoqdM/edit?usp=sharing
all i've done is add base items to calc the efficiency and adjusted any final items that were changed. i havent added the energised items or adjusted in between items yet. I've opened it up for editing if people want to clean it up.

here is season 5 if you want to compare: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fee7v5p2xU_geeey7gb1GdHtlST7dS6ZU6vLHxrb3fI/edit?usp=sharing

Long time lurker on GAF and now, first-time poster. I just thought that I might as well say hi since it looks like I'll be frequenting this OT a lot.

killatopak

Gold Member
Long time lurker on GAF and now, first-time poster. I just thought that I might as well say hi since it looks like I'll be frequenting this OT a lot.

Welcome!

Do you play assassins? Some hated champs like yas, riven, ryze? Get ready for a painful experience.

Otherwise this OT is good and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom