• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

Banned
As someone who hardly ever plays adc, I'm really glad ie rush as standard is most likely gone. Always felt so meh to complete

Didn't they increase crit importance though? They keep making the game more stupid each new patch for a few months now. 10 passives for each 1 active in items, reinforcing and promoting RNG instead of phasing it out, automated upgrades (homeguard, trinkets), removing actives that required some thought and skill like frost queen and replacing it with dumb easy mechanic, etc.

After trying to be Defense of the League, the geniouses Morello, Ryze and the perfect addition Ghostcrawler are trying to be Leagues of the Storm! Bodes well.

kenbo

for stone fruit:

64B6Brs.jpg

JulianImp

Woah, so the patch ended up hitting today rather than tomorrow! It was cool to see how new items and revamped Kog worked in my daily bot match.

Spent a bit of time tweaking my masteries, but I still am not sure whether I should go for the lv3 4% damage reduction for my tanky supports, since I can't afford the gold-generating mastery otherwise due to not being level 30 yet.

garath

I can't wait to play tonight. Really really want the new role choosing to go through soon though.

You guys immediately jumping back into ranked or going normals?

Also this h2k vs tsm stuff is funny. You can tell everyone is so damn young.

Edwardo

I can't wait to play tonight. Really really want the new role choosing to go through soon though.

You guys immediately jumping back into ranked or going normals?

Also this h2k vs tsm stuff is funny. You can tell everyone is so damn young.

Might do a few team builder games, but I plan on getting back into ranked sooner than later. I've been playing normals for the last month or so and the competition kind of stinks.

the champ just got released. she ain't got enough time I think. We'll see once we actually get to test her.
I'm more worried about her potential damage considering she has no CC to hold her back.

I mean, she's a juggernaut with good total AD ratios and she gets 5 AD per level, she might be crazy with stuff like Steraks

killatopak

Gold Member
So you guys are on the season 6 patch already. I've been very lucky to reach where I am now considering this was my first season. I think it was largely because the meta revolves around my lane. I have a lot of friends who were at my rank last season but failed to be back there on season 5. If I can reach my current rank again in season 6 I think that's only when I'll be satisfied and finally think that it's my skill that brought me there.

Thanks for all the help that you guys gave me. The advice I got helped me grow a lot. I know it's a bit cheesy to say all this but all the new guys who started posting at this thread made me think of the past when I was still new.

Can't wait until I get to try all the new stuff.

Welcome!

Do you play assassins? Some hated champs like yas, riven, ryze? Get ready for a painful experience.

Otherwise this OT is good and fun.

What gave away my preferred role? :p I hate those champs you named though, for now Talon is my main but I'm predominantly a top player. I didn't take ranked seriously last season but I intend to climb it for season 6 using Talon, Viktor (I'm only learning now) and a third champ I'm not really sure with. Sion is someone I'm affluent at but the nerfs to him and tank meta really messed him up.

I play on the NA servers.

I've been playing since season 2 and I'd like to think I'm at least a gold level player lol however I tend to just resort to normals since ranked is a cesspool in my opinion. Somehow I got dropped in silver 3 when I said I'd give ranked a serious try last time.

The new champ though, from what I've seen will be a strong pick, she's basically a female darius. On a few of the videos I've seen of her, her E doesn't do that much damage and it's kinda clunky however her AD ratios are insane. You can forgo building Black Cleaver first and she does insane damage even though (I was advised to try building steraks first.)

kenbo

It has a decaying slow if you kill the soul in time or the guy leaves the soul's range

Guaranteed damage once you land the thing but yea, if you can kill it really fast, they're pretty much dead.

Hitting your E on a squishy target with no escape is pretty much death (hello blitz)

bonus though,. her E has a low CD.

its an interesting new type of ability (damage link)

killatopak

Gold Member
What gave away my preferred role? :p I hate those champs you named though, for now Talon is my main but I'm predominantly a top player. I didn't take ranked seriously last season but I intend to climb it for season 6 using Talon, Viktor (I'm only learning now) and a third champ I'm not really sure with. Sion is someone I'm affluent at but the nerfs to him and tank meta really messed him up.

I play on the NA servers.

Your avatar lol. I think talon and all the other ad champs would have a great time this season due to the new items and reworked ones. Viktor while viable in top lane is not that great overall due the length of the lane and the lack of a good mobility skill. It can be pretty hard to get out once you're ganked near enemy tower. It'll be pretty easy to chase you down. I think Sion should still be pretty good. LW took a huge hit and now only ignores bonus armor. Though the giant slayer upgrade could balance things out. The new hp stacking item would help sion a ton though so I think he should be pretty strong this patch.

Leezard

Guaranteed damage once you land the thing but yea, if you can kill it really fast, they're pretty much dead.

Hitting your E on a squishy target with no escape is pretty much death (hello blitz)

bonus though,. her E has a low CD.

its an interesting new type of ability (damage link)
It reminds me of Puppet master in HoN.

Talents

Banned
I don't mind if they nerf the crit somehow so he doesn't have 100% after 3k gold, I just don't want them to nerf his base numbers on his abilities and stats. The Yasuo build I used to play with before today only had 82% after I got all my items.

dan2026

Yasuo always seemed pretty much broken to me.
His passive crit doubler thing essentially saves him a ton of cash.
And he has pretty much every move in the game.

A bizarre creation, I dont understand why they made him.

make sure you remind people about masteries before game starts.... ffs. also, been wanting to get a group to play early mornings eastern time. im mid/sup silver 1 didnt play ranked this past season tho. want to get into next season.

PSqueak

Banned
LoL GAF, can anybody point me to a good guide to learn how to jungle? it's the only position i absolutely don't know how to do (I might be a bad ADC, but at least it's pretty straight forward to understand the ADC position), playing bots doesn't really give you good experience and training in actual PvP matches just gets you creamed by the enemy and yelled at by your team mates.

What's the best way to learn the position?

LoL GAF, can anybody point me to a good guide to learn how to jungle? it's the only position i absolutely don't know how to do (I might be a bad ADC, but at least it's pretty straight forward to understand the ADC position), playing bots doesn't really give you good experience and training in actual PvP matches just gets you creamed by the enemy and yelled at by your team mates.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Jungling

killatopak

Gold Member

I watch some of pants are dragon vids. I think there's also some vids of jeremy curios where he talks with pants about when and when not to gank. Pants has a vid where he shows all the jungle pathing and what path to take depending on your champ if it's ad or ap or some other stuff like if you have burst or if you don't have much sustain like vi and panth.

My info is out of date, but I'll scream it to you anyway

WHY AREN'T YOU WARDING
CHECK YOUR MAP OFTEN
CALL OUT YOUR MISSING LANE
ALWAYS BE WARY OF WHERE THEIR JUNGLER IS
PING THINGS
BUY MORE WARDS
LAST HIT MORE

That's about it. You're on your way to being a professional player now.

Quonny

So, played a couple matches of Quinn.

Her Q is absolutely bonkers. 800 damage easily on low health targets, AOE, really short cooldown.

Her ult is weird, but it's not awful.

I'm liking her, but not sure if she's good or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom