• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talents

Banned
It's been 20 seconds and I haven't gotten a game as support yet, should I be worried?

edit: requeued and got one in 5 seconds, false alarm.

Always feels bad when I queue in teambuilder as Yasuo and don't get get a game for 30 minutes. That's when you really start questioning if team builder is working properly.

Leezard

ElMoLOM.png

Borders are looking nice. Division markers too.

Impressions from my first game of the preseason:

-Thunderlord's decree feels kinda bad in bot lane. The cooldown is too long for the frequent trades in bot. I think offensive supports will run 18 in offensive tree and get the DoT keystone instead. Harassing supports like Lulu and Nami will probably want windspeaker's blessing instead.

-Mana regen changes are noticeable. I might not even need to use extra mana regen runes with the base mana buff and the mana regen mastery.

-Vision is much more scarce. Sightstone having 3 charges instead of 4 is huge and so is the duration reduction on wards.,

-Buying pink wards is more important than ever since vision is harder to come by.

-FQC with the Spooky Ghost active is kinda nice since vision is hard to get now. Ruby sightstone is actually not a bad choice since it can carry 4 wards. The support item + sighstone fusion seems reasonable if you really really need another item slot for a "real" item.

-Caitlyn is annoying since she says "Boom Headshot" every time she procs her headshot. It's a clear buff to her laning phase.

Bot lane is back to sluggish sustain but at least it feels fun. Went against a Graves Taric combo and had to work reaaaaaaaaally hard as Cait to get that fucker into a killable position, but still had a good time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh man, I can't wait to play Trynd.
you playing trynd is the best for like my right arm is stronger than my left arm jokes

So with the Mastery changes do I need to change my Rune pages up?
i guess depends, but probably a little bit

look up phreak's season 6 runepage guide

i didn't look past midlane so not sure how it affects other classes. i imagine adcs might want to put some crit runes or something

cHinzo

Man, these pre-season changes are so dumb. Every game is a stomp. Haven't had a close or exciting game in 5 games on this pre-season patch. Dnno if people just do more damage now with these masteries or new items, but it's so boring. Warding is fine, since everyone got 2 free wards on their trinket and the new jungle item with free wards. As a support u just cant dump those wards everywhere early with only having 3 stacks.

Man, these pre-season changes are so dumb. Every game is a stomp. Haven't had a close or exciting game in 5 games on this pre-season patch. Dnno if people just do more damage now with these masteries or new items, but it's so boring. Warding is fine, since everyone got 2 free wards on their trinket and the new jungle item with free wards. As a support u just cant dump those wards everywhere early with only having 3 stacks.
People are trying out new shit, of course it's gonna be stomps often

drawkcaB

-Thunderlord's decree feels kinda bad in bot lane. The cooldown is too long for the frequent trades in bot. I think offensive supports will run 18 in offensive tree and get the DoT keystone instead. Harassing supports like Lulu and Nami will probably want windspeaker's blessing instead.

Eh, I don't think so. The mastery is 6+20%AP and is halved for AoE spells which off-hand is the bigger chunk of damage from AP supports. So even if an AP support manages to get a pretty good amount of AP, like 300 or so, that translates to 66 damage on single target or DoTs, and 33 extra damage on AoEs. The effect is also a DoT, so firing off an Annie combo just refreshes the duration, not stack it. Early game when AP support AP amounts are basically runes + spellthiefs (20-30AP depending on setup) that an full combo rotation will deal somewhere's in the range of 12-15 damage.

Precision's flat MPen and ArPen is also better early game for supports than the %MPen or %ArPen from the tier 3 Ferocity tree as well.

If I was a betting man I'd say Thunderlords and Strength of Ages are the most likely to get buffed. That or everything around those two will get nerfed to make them more appealing.

zkylon

zkylewd

probably gonna need more tuning but i think making the game more snowbally is a shift in the right direction

it's no fun to starve out the enemy team

probably gonna need more tuning but i think making the game more snowbally is a shift in the right direction

it's no fun to starve out the enemy team
I agree, my worst league games are always the ones where they drag out to a hour. I'm glad they are moving toward that direction.

Leezard

Running Heal on supports and Exhaust/Ignite on adcs is gonna become standard I think. At least for the exhaust case, unsure about Ignite. Heal healing 100% despite grievous wounds is huge.

I wonder if the healing keystone increases the Heal heal as well.
Eh, I don't think so. The mastery is 6+20%AP and is halved for AoE spells which off-hand is the bigger chunk of damage from AP supports. So even if an AP support manages to get a pretty good amount of AP, like 300 or so, that translates to 66 damage on single target or DoTs, and 33 extra damage on AoEs. The effect is also a DoT, so firing off an Annie combo just refreshes the duration, not stack it. Early game when AP support AP amounts are basically runes + spellthiefs (20-30AP depending on setup) that an full combo rotation will deal somewhere's in the range of 12-15 damage.

Precision's flat MPen and ArPen is also better early game for supports than the %MPen or %ArPen from the tier 3 Ferocity tree as well.

If I was a betting man I'd say Thunderlords and Strength of Ages are the most likely to get buffed. That or everything around those two will get nerfed to make them more appealing.
Bringing up Annie, I think you have a point in that some aggressive AP supports won't get it. Maybe they get the movespeed boost instead.

Pokey offensive AP supports like Zyra and Brand though, I think they'll really want to harass harder so they might go for 18 Ferocity.

Running Heal on supports and Exhaust/Ignite on adcs is gonna become standard I think. At least for the exhaust case, unsure about Ignite. Heal healing 100% despite grievous wounds is huge.

I wonder if the healing keystone increases the Heal heal as well.
Seems so, it's supposed to increase healing from all sources

Regardless, I think heal on ADCs is donezo regardless of supports taking it specially with new Executioner's Calling. Time to go back to Barrier with the new 3 minute CD boys

Leezard

Seems so, it's supposed to increase healing from all sources

Regardless, I think heal on ADCs is donezo regardless of supports taking it specially with new Executioner's Calling. Time to go back to Barrier with the new 3 minute CD boys

Barrier + Exhaust or Barrier + Ignite? Hm, maybe.

I still think the Exhaust on adc and Heal on support will replace it. Executioner's calling won't matter when the support has the summoner spell and the movespeed is just so good. Do you think the shorter cd is enough to offset healing two people + movespeed?
So new items for supps?

Not really, it's still the same except for the new sightstones. They are cool.

Ocho

That Division marker is your current rank or a reward that sticks from your achieved rank in the previous season?

I guess it doesn't matter forever Diamond V.

drawkcaB

I'll give up using Ignite on supports when people rip it from my cold dead hands.

Bringing up Annie, I think you have a point in that some aggressive AP supports won't get it. Maybe they get the movespeed boost instead.

Pokey offensive AP supports like Zyra and Brand though, I think they'll really want to harass harder so they might go for 18 Ferocity.

Agreed on Annie, that's be baller since if you catch anything squishy you will trigger the MS. The math just work on 18 Ferocity for poking to me. Almost the entirety of deathfire touch's damage is based on AP which even AP supports aren't picking up much of early on.

Leezard

That Division marker is your current rank or a reward that sticks from your achieved rank in the previous season?

I guess it doesn't matter forever Diamond V.
It's going to be from the previous season. Right now there's a default one because they haven't rolled out the rewards yet.
I'll give up using Ignite on supports when people rip it from my cold dead hands.

Agreed on Annie, that's be baller since if you catch anything squishy you will trigger the MS. The math just work on 18 Ferocity for poking to me. Almost the entirety of deathfire touch's damage is based on AP which even AP supports aren't picking up much of early on.
According to Phreak
Level 1 support brand does +20 damage per spell. He's an outlier due to how his passive works, but it's an example.
That's a lot. I think Thunderlord's just has too long cooldown for how often you want to harass in bot lane. You often want to harass 2 or 3 times in 30 seconds, and you only get a single Thunderlord's proc there. Meanwhile you would get a lot of deathfire procs.

drawkcaB

According to Phreak

That's true, but also consider that's due to Brand's passive damage continously proc'ing deathfire, same current interaction he has with Liandry's. I suppose you could make the case for Zyra's plants. But other AP supports like Veigar and the people who insist on playing Lux support won't see that sort of benefit.

Leezard

That's true, but also consider that's due to Brand's passive damage continously proc'ing deathfire, same current interaction he has with Liandry's. I suppose you could make the case for Zyra's plants. But other AP supports like Veigar and the people who insist on playing Lux support won't see that sort of benefit.
So it's good for the good AP supports. :^)

A fair point for the others still, if you are playing them bot you probably don't want deathfire. I don't think Veigar and Lux are very good supports and there's no reason not to play them mid instead though.

zkylon

zkylewd
am i missing something or were the mana changes just straight buffs to a ton of mages/supports?

like i bought a couple mana pots once in a while on lux, but not a great amount worth of her getting straight up buffed

i'm guessing it's gotta even out with some change i'm missing somewhere

maybe on masteries? i forgot..

Leezard

am i missing something or were the mana changes just straight buffs to a ton of mages/supports?

like i bought a couple mana pots once in a while on lux, but not a great amount worth of her getting straight up buffed

i'm guessing it's gotta even out with some change i'm missing somewhere

maybe on masteries? i forgot..
The mana changes does indeed seem like straight buffs. I don't even need to run mana regen runes on Nami any more. Increased base mana regen means all +%mana reg items are better as well.

The Cunning mastery that gives mana based on missing mana is great too.

garath

Reddit is freaking out over the minion changes. I like what riot is doing though. They are accelerating the game. Yes that makes it more snowball heavy so we're probably back to games being decided in the first 10 min again but the new bounty and comeback mechanics are still there so maybe not.

But either way, the games will be over quicker and that is a very very good change imo.

Quonny

The only problem I have with the minion change is that there are so many factors.

Just make it so that for every tower down in the lane those minions are X% stronger. Then it's simpler for the common-folk to understand.

zkylon

zkylewd
The mana changes does indeed seem like straight buffs. I don't even need to run mana regen runes on Nami any more. Increased base mana regen means all +%mana reg items are better as well.

The Cunning mastery that gives mana based on missing mana is great too.

i see, ok

i feel like some champions like the ones you mentioned above (lux and veigar) had their midlane randomly buffed because of support i guess, since they mentioned they were tracking who bought mana pots for the mana buffs

Leezard

Reddit is freaking out over the minion changes. I like what riot is doing though. They are accelerating the game. Yes that makes it more snowball heavy so we're probably back to games being decided in the first 10 min again but the new bounty and comeback mechanics are still there so maybe not.

But either way, the games will be over quicker and that is a very very good change imo.

The fun part is that apparently the minion changes aren't even active due to some bug.

Riot said:
UPDATE: We froze the pushing changes below at the last minute, so these won't be going live in 5.22. They'll make their official debut in 5.23!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom