• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

The new stuff is fun, but everyone deals so much damage now omg. Everybody two-shots everyone else after a certain point in the game.

garath

The only problem I have with the minion change is that there are so many factors.

Just make it so that for every tower down in the lane those minions are X% stronger. Then it's simpler for the common-folk to understand.

I can understand that complaint. Though in reality it's not something that needs to be over analyzed. The more towers that are down in your favor and the more player levels in your favor, the harder the minions will push.

Now they could offer some clarity to it with a factor system or something. Have an icon on the lane's fountain tower or something that has a gauge. The higher the gauge, the harder the push.

So no more pink upgrade, the other supp items were mixed with the wards item is kinda bizarre for me like there is too many options now. I guess its better than selling the starter support item.

I am confused how to put the masteries for Cait

kenbo

Impressions from my first game of the preseason:

-Thunderlord's decree feels kinda bad in bot lane. The cooldown is too long for the frequent trades in bot. I think offensive supports will run 18 in offensive tree and get the DoT keystone instead. Harassing supports like Lulu and Nami will probably want windspeaker's blessing instead.
I'm curious about that actually.
The math suggests that for first few levels, deathspeakers touch is better since its 6 damage vs a 10 damage proc but by level 4, thunderlord's has a 40 base which means you have to trade on 4 seperate occasions just to beat that damage

Some supports can't even proc the thunderlord's 3rd hit that well I imagine.
Man, these pre-season changes are so dumb. Every game is a stomp. Haven't had a close or exciting game in 5 games on this pre-season patch. Dnno if people just do more damage now with these masteries or new items, but it's so boring. Warding is fine, since everyone got 2 free wards on their trinket and the new jungle item with free wards. As a support u just cant dump those wards everywhere early with only having 3 stacks.
I've been watching a few rekkles games and they were all pretty close fast paced games

I think at a lower Elo environment, people are experimenting more and so that means their mistakes will cost then more. There are also more objectives to take which is means you can take one to stifle your bleeding while the enemy team takes the other, eg. Take the rift Hunter when they drake or vice versa, but that objective trading just isn't we do in lower elo

Can someone tell me who "The Cull" is good on? I tried it for shits and giggles earlier, I'm wondering why +3(?) life on hit vs the percentage life steal from dorans

So normally with Masteries I just use a guide online and don't pay much attention to them, but since it's my first new season I'm having to do them all manually.

I know there's a 40% cap on CDR isn't there, so if I were to choose the Insight mastery which gives 15% CDR on summoner spells does that stack on top of the 40% cap, so if I bought something like Morello with Frozen Heart, it'd be a waste by going over in CDR with the Insight Mastery, does anyone know?

zkylon

zkylewd
So normally with Masteries I just use a guide online and don't pay much attention to them, but since it's my first new season I'm having to do them all manually.

I know there's a 40% cap on CDR isn't there, so if I were to choose the Insight mastery which gives 15% CDR on summoner spells does that stack on top of the 40% cap, so if I bought something like Morello with Frozen Heart, it'd be a waste by going over in CDR with the Insight Mastery, does anyone know?
those are different cdrs

regular cdr is for regular champion spells. that caps at 40% or 45% if you have a certain cunning tree mastery. you can buy this through items like morellos and frozen heart or you can get it from cdr glyph runes

summoner spell cdr is separate and you can only get it through masteries and certain items like that blue boot enchant. there's no cap on this but there aren't enough sources of summoner spell cdr in the game for you to get much of it. you don't get this from morellos or frozen heart

so basically, you can buy both of those items together and you'll have 40% cdr and whatever cdr that summoner spell mastery gives you

i don't recommend ever having morellos and frozen heart on the same champion tho

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Crunching math on double-edged sword with varying hypothetical scenarios ranging throughout all stages of the game. Not convinced at all, I'll take my 20 hp.

Calvero

Banned
yasuo is so broke with these masteries and items. and apparently ap yi is back haha

Screen_Shot_2015_11_11_at_3_40_50_PM.png

garath

Of course I couldn't jungle or adc first preseason game. Bah.

Went Talon mid.

Oy.

I miss flask so much. So So so much. Talon's weak early game was exposed. I got bullied hard.

Went serrated dirk first then started working on hydra. Not sure if that was optimal. I was really missing the flask and brutalizer :( I probably should have just rushed ghostblade for the penetration and CDR though.

New hexdrinker/maw is sweet though. I'm on board with that change.

Essence reaver doesn't seem like it's for Talon. Last whisper is a fraction of its old self.

Not even sure where to go from there. I had a maw, ghostblade and hydra when the game ended. Was still one shotting people so I guess it wasn't too bad. Couldn't figure out next item though.

I guess I could work an essence reaver build and go with crit. IE or PD or something.

And that is without Phantom Dancer.

Also anyone have any idea how to set up ap tank/tanky ap Rune pages for a jungler?

Got support and ap mid and ap top pages.

faridmon

The new patch, there is so many stuff to go through but I am in the wait-and-see phase where I have to see how different ADCs have been buffed/nerfed and their affect they have playing or/and against.

But that DAT Sona and MOrgana Base Mana Regen buff: YESSSS!

I am gonna rekt some shit with those two!

kenbo

Of course I couldn't jungle or adc first preseason game. Bah.

Went Talon mid.

Oy.

I miss flask so much. So So so much. Talon's weak early game was exposed. I got bullied hard.

Went serrated dirk first then started working on hydra. Not sure if that was optimal. I was really missing the flask and brutalizer :( I probably should have just rushed ghostblade for the penetration and CDR though.

New hexdrinker/maw is sweet though. I'm on board with that change.

Essence reaver doesn't seem like it's for Talon. Last whisper is a fraction of its old self.

Not even sure where to go from there. I had a maw, ghostblade and hydra when the game ended. Was still one shotting people so I guess it wasn't too bad. Couldn't figure out next item though.

I guess I could work an essence reaver build and go with crit. IE or PD or something.
try youmuus/hydra/deaths dance/grevious wounds LW

Kenai

Any recommendations on best of the 3 defensive masteries for a tanky support like Tahm or Thresh? I've had 0 time to test in practice and all of them sound interesting.

Fuck Riot for making me sit down and think about all the champs I play and trying to make mastery page. It would be easy if I only play one role but I like to play all 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom