• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

The lack of a launch sale is pretty lame.

They should do a launch sale and a "six month anniversary" sale.

Pretty much guarantees I will never buy a skin at launch. This seems to be taking advantage of those that want to show off the latest thing.

To provide 100% clarity on the discount changes:

Previously 1350 and Ultimate skins would have a launch discount. This will no longer be the case.

Previously 750, 975 and 1350 skins would only be eligible to go on sale 1 year after release. Instead, every skin released going forward will be eligible for a discount 4-6 months after release. This early discount will be the same price as the launch discount, except it also includes 975, 750 and 1820 skins. So basically more skins are getting discounted quicker instead of ultimate and 1350 being discounted on release.

In addition to that, there will be an extra skin and champion reduced by 50% in every sale. So 4 skins and 4 champs instead of 3 and 3.

Basically no launch discounts, but more skins on sale, more skin tiers able to be discounted, and skins are eligible for discounts twice as fast as before.

Nekofrog

Banned
costy

i know u cant answer this outright yes/no but

with the poppy rework is there going to be a new adorbs poppy skin?

answer with a ;) or a ;(

Make Poppy cute but Lollipoppy needs to be a horror skin
No more sale at launch, I don't see how this is better for the players...Now we have to wait 4-6 months to have the skin at a discount
Launch sale were random and rare. This is a guaranteed sale and now skins that would never go on sale will get a one time deal.

Launch sale were random and rare. This i a guaranteed sale and now skins that would never go on sale will get a one time deal.

wat

I'm pretty sure all new skins had a tendency to launch with a sale accompanying them

Atleast most 1350s and 975s

In fact it's even going to be more random now. A skin becoming 'eligible' for a sale after 4-6 months does not guarantee it WILL go on sale.

only 1350s and Ultimates had launch sales.

also

"All non-Legacy skins will go in the sale 4-6 months after release."

They WILL go on sale 4-6 months after release. 100%

cmon Breezy

zkylon

zkylewd
The only drawback is no more early bird sales. I've bought a few 1350rp skins on the early bird sale the first week they come out. Now they wont do that and you'll have to wait 4-6 months. That's the only drawback.

It'll be straightforward now though. Buy skin day 1 full price, buy skin 6mo for 25% off, buy skin 1yr 50% off.
oh yeah, that kind of sucks since all of my 1350s were bought at launch

oh well..

sucks that there's always a caveat

Nekofrog

Banned
guys just stop

breezy is physically incapable of admitting he's wrong (which is ironic because almost everything he says is wrong at all times in this thread)

Riot rarely if ever lies though?

I mean, sure, they make stupid decisions but when they do so they just tell it in your face.

"Legacy Skins will not be sold again"
"We're introducing the Legacy Vault! We're bringing back those skins!"

Also still waiting on those icons for spending RP

Legacy and Limited are not the same thing

Event limited skin owners also got 975 RP back when they were made legacy and not all Limited skins came back.

A free skin for having purchased a shit skin a few years ago? The horror

"Legacy Skins will not be sold again"
"We're introducing the Legacy Vault! We're bringing back those skins!"

Also still waiting on those icons for spending RP

The Limited skin stuff was a big issue with us losing player trust. I can guarantee you that player trust is incredibly important to everyone that works here. It's so easy to lose the trust of our players and so hard to get it back. In fact we have an entire module in our induction dedicated to the importance of player trust.

I can guarantee you 100% that the importance we place on it will not lead to issues of broken promises in future. It's why we have to be so careful when we announce features, dates etc.

So while your scepticism may be warranted after previous broken promises, Riot has learned its lesson in communicating with you guys. If we say they're going to be discounted, they will be unless policy ever changes in the future, in which case you will be notified well in advance, just like we're notifying you guys of the skin discount changes in advance.

In regards to icons for spending RP, the reasoning for those not happening has been spoken about before, but basically players told us they don't want summoner icons.

Kenai

No more sale at launch, I don't see how this is better for the players...Now we have to wait 4-6 months to have the skin at a discount

I guess it depends on your priorities, but a lot of the more expensive skins that never got a discount prior (lLegendaries) will get a discount now, plus all the previous skins will too even if it's not right away. So that's more discounts overall and new discounts on some of the "best" skins, which I like.

The Limited skin stuff was a big issue with us losing player trust. I can guarantee you that player trust is incredibly important to everyone that works here. It's so easy to lose the trust of our players and so hard to get it back. In fact we have an entire module in our induction dedicated to the importance of player trust.

I can guarantee you 100% that the importance we place on it will not lead to issues of broken promises in future. It's why we have to be so careful when we announce features, dates etc.

So while your scepticism may be warranted after previous broken promises, Riot has learned its lesson in communicating with you guys. If we say they're going to be discounted, they will be unless policy ever changes in the future, in which case you will be notified well in advance, just like we're notifying you guys of the skin discount changes in advance.

In regards to icons for spending RP, the reasoning for those not happening has been spoken about before, but basically players told us they don't want summoner icons.

I want a summoner icon

fuck players

I'm simply waiting for Dragon Master Swain to come out. Morello promised years ago, it's going to happen I'm sure of it. And hey, that's cool that you want to earn players trust, I respect that. I don't have an issue with you Costy, I'm just wary of Riot these days, whether it's balance or what they say in general.

meh, I'm just a dude on the internet but I can guarantee you everyone at Riot has the players' interests at heart in whatever they do. Sometimes that may be misguided or whatever, but that's one of the best things about working here. If everyone wasn't 100% player focused they'd be gone. So like I said, your scepticism based on previous issues may be warranted, but it's not needed. If Riot were out to rip off players I wouldn't work there or advocate for this stuff or whatever.

I'm sure even through those Riot-hating glasses of yours you can see how this discount stuff benefits the players, even if there has to be some sort of tradeoff.

I plead the fifth.

The only question that matters. Does this mean no lauch sale for Dragon Trainer Tristana?

in the old system, Dragon Trainer Tristana would have NEVER gotten a sale ever. Remember, 1820 RP skins never got a launch sale or any 50% off sale in the future.

Under the new system, 1820 skins WILL go on sale 4-6 months after release.

meh, I'm just a dude on the internet but I can guarantee you everyone at Riot has the players' interests at heart in whatever they do. Sometimes that may be misguided or whatever, but that's one of the best things about working here. If everyone wasn't 100% player focused they'd be gone. So like I said, your scepticism based on previous issues may be warranted, but it's not needed. If Riot were out to rip off players I wouldn't work there or advocate for this stuff or whatever.

I'm sure even through those Riot-hating glasses of yours you can see how this discount stuff benefits the players, even if there has to be some sort of tradeoff.
I'm going to need some hard proof....Perhaps 10,000 extra RP will do the trick. Trust me. It'll be RP well spent.

I like the new discount system

garath

I'm sad all the 1350 skins I bought on launch I won't be able to get for 4-6mo moving forward. Its the only drawback but its a pretty big one.

Sesto

Banned
damn Riot crippled Sivir, her winrate rightnow is abysmal. No idea why they want to force you to build cdr, this takes away the different itembuilds on her that an adc was supposed to choose from after patch 5.22. Not like this

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm sad all the 1350 skins I bought on launch I won't be able to get for 4-6mo moving forward. Its the only drawback but its a pretty big one.

yeah that's lame

kind of makes sense for them tho. i always thought it was weird that they did those discounts since it seems like business-wise it's not such a great decision to not take advantage of the hype campaign you built by selling these things at a discount at launch. now they can just get the people that are desperate for skins right away that are gonna pay full price anyways and down the line when demand is lower they just sell it for cheaper and get also some impulse buyers or whatever

Quonny

now they can just get the people that are desperate for skins right away for as much money as they can and down the line when demand is lower they just sell it for cheaper and get also some impulse buyers or whatever

Kinda sounds like taking advantage of people that don't have self-control :^)

zkylon

zkylewd
Kinda sounds like taking advantage of people that don't have self-control :^)
i mean that's kind of what microtransactions are all about i guess

i don't think this is an evil change or anything, it made sense for them and it's mostly a win for us too

Quonny

that's not it, but when I heard what it was.... :lolllllllllllllllll

it's ridiculously awesome

Is it like Undying? Does she turn into a massive Yordle and stomp on people?

i mean that's kind of what microtransactions are all about i guess

i don't think this is an evil change or anything, it made sense for them and it's mostly a win for us too

I'm just messing with you, I can see they're different situations.

I'm not telling you guys, though if you listen to the main gameplay themes they're going for with the update, you could probably get along some similar lines, but probably never the actual ult. It's absurd.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'll just play fallout 4 until 5.23

aside from tp nerf nothing about 5.22 seems like it had a positive impact on midlane and it's not like there were huge objective changes like in s5 that made the game super crazy either

so i think i'd rather just wait until the game is a bit less dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom