• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, in regards to Smite changes:

Riot Fearless said:
Just for visibility: Smite timers were adjusted back 10 seconds with game start, but not the full 15. This will be fixed next patch.

everyone be spreadin' misinformation like the plague.

-----------

holy shit that reddit post is so bad and so much is wrong in it.

zkylon

zkylewd
to go along with the sales stuff there's also double bonus rp until dec6

$5.00 – 650 RP
$10.00 – 1460 RP (1300 + 80 standard bonus RP + 80 extra bonus RP)
$20.00 – 3000 RP (2600 + 200 standard bonus RP + 200 extra bonus RP)
$35.00 – 5450 RP (4550 + 450 standard bonus RP + 450 extra bonus RP)
$50.00 – 7900 RP (6500 + 700 standard bonus RP + 700 extra bonus RP)
$100.00 – 17000 RP (13000 + 2000 standard bonus RP + 2000 extra bonus RP)

that's for na, dunno about other regions, here it's the same in regional prices

i'm prolly gonna get 3k, maybe get that cool new azir skin while i'm at it

Leezard

I'm not telling you guys, though if you listen to the main gameplay themes they're going for with the update, you could probably get along some similar lines, but probably never the actual ult. It's absurd.

I wonder if an ult where Poppy's hammer turns huge and she proceeds to play Whack-a-mole with enemy champs would be absurd enough.

jerd

Yeah 55+% win rate on what is essentially a full rework is a bit high

they already said hotfix nerfs next week i believe

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Braum is so fucking good right now. His passive is so great he turns jobbers into winners.

pgpZphw.png

i recently started playing taric is a goof because he's so dumb that it's fun and now armor of the fifth age is going on sale. this is a SIGN.

I don't know if I should take the heal bonus keystone or the damage reduction keystone though. Tough choices.

drawkcaB

It's only one day and too early to see the trend holding, but tank junglers are largely dominating win rates for that position with Tryndamere being the lone exception because of his ridiculous interaction with the crit keystone.

Pretty much all of them are doing well. Some notables:

Nautilus saw a 2% win rate increase, but what's crazy is that the his support win rate has held more or less steady while his jungle win rate has seen a 5% jump. Moakai's been in the jungle dog house since every nerf aimed at his top lane hurt his jungling as well. He's jumped 10%. Other increases include Trundle, Zac, Sejuani, and Rammus who've seen increases in the 2-3% range. The only junglers in the top 15 on leagueofgraphs.com that wouldn't be considered tanks are Tryn, Xin, and Jax.

Looking for some additional jungle trends, one thing to consider is that jungle tanks are way more likely to pick up Tracker's. It dominates the item selection for pure tanks, Naut, Sej, etc. More interesting are the numbers when looking at champions who have data for Trackerss and either Skirmisher's or Stalker's. Win rates with Tracker's are always higher, much higher in fact. No big surprise, being able to put down two additional stealth wards is a game where vision has been reduced is much better than a light slow or DoT every now and then.

Finally, if you're using Talisman in your clears, make note that the steal applies to all monsters, not just the large one. So if you're level 1 and attacking Gromp, the maximum possible hp steal you're doing is 5hp/sec, but attacking camps like Wolves or Wraiths leads can give you 15hp/s or 20hp/s once you apply your AoE (mix in the odd auto attack to a small monster to keep up their life steal debuff). Just doing some tests, some champions clear much better starting at wolves or Wraiths than Gromp or Krugs. The changed routes tend to take more time to complete if you want to clear to level 4, but they're also way healthier.

It's only one day and too early to see the trend holding, but tank junglers are largely dominating win rates for that position with Tryndamere being the lone exception because of his ridiculous interaction with the crit keystone.

Pretty much all of them are doing well. Some notables:

Nautilus saw a 2% win rate increase, but what's crazy is that the his support win rate has held more or less steady while his jungle win rate has seen a 5% jump. Moakai's been in the jungle dog house since every nerf aimed at his top lane hurt his jungling as well. He's jumped 10%. Other increases include Trundle, Zac, Sejuani, and Rammus who've seen increases in the 2-3% range. The only junglers in the top 15 on leagueofgraphs.com that wouldn't be considered tanks are Tryn, Xin, and Jax.

Looking for some additional jungle trends, one thing to consider is that jungle tanks are way more likely to pick up Tracker's. It dominates the item selection for pure tanks, Naut, Sej, etc. More interesting are the numbers when looking at champions who have data for Trackerss and either Skirmisher's or Stalker's. Win rates with Tracker's are always higher, much higher in fact. No big surprise, being able to put down two additional stealth wards is a game where vision has been reduced is much better than a light slow or DoT every now and then.

Finally, if you're using Talisman in your clears, make note that the steal applies to all monsters, not just the large one. So if you're level 1 and attacking Gromp, the maximum possible hp steal you're doing is 5hp/sec, but attacking camps like Wolves or Wraiths leads can give you 15hp/s or 20hp/s once you apply your AoE (mix in the odd auto attack to a small monster to keep up their life steal debuff). Just doing some tests, some champions clear much better starting at wolves or Wraiths than Gromp or Krugs. The changed routes tend to take more time to complete if you want to clear to level 4, but they're also way healthier.

Trackers is an amazing item. Will be the only choice in competitive. Junglers won't have to buy a Sightstone because they'll have Trackers and Trinket.

Warlord's Bloodlust getting hotfixed

Riot Stashu said:
Hey all!

Before releasing it, we understood the possibility of Warlord's Bloodlust hyper-synergizing with a couple of champions . Now that it's been out for a bit and has proven to be abusive in some cases, we're going to make some changes. This won't ship until we're done fully testing everything that we wanted to bundle into the hotfix, so expect to see it sometime early next week.

Changelist: Your critical strikes on enemy units champions heal you for 15% of the damage dealt and grant you 20% attack speed for 4 seconds (2 second cooldown)

We believe the majority of the abuse/frustration from Warlord's Bloodlust came from the enormous lane-attrition advantage it provided to champions who have access to early crit. Example: Previously, Tryndamere could dash at his lane opponent, take an unfavorable trade, full heal on minions with Warlord's Bloodlust and his Q, and then rinse and repeat until the opponent had to leave or die. Now, like the rest of the Ferocity Tree customers, Warlord's users will actually have to expose themselves to significant threat (PvP) to access their power.

Champions who do not have crit built into their kit only start to benefit from Warlord's around the team-fighting phase of the game where they will often be fighting enemy champions anyway, so we do not believe this nerf will affect them, (notably, ADC's) nearly as much as it does Trynd/Yasuo. Further, it is much more difficult for melee champions to basic attack enemy champions, and we tend to only grant 'free crit' to melee champions, so we believe Warlord's Bloodlust will still be a potent tool on ADCs. If this turns out to be untrue, we'll definitely do more follow-up to get it into a good place.

-- Stashu

I personally as a support player who mainly plays sona and Nami love the new patch.

I can harass much more in lane early game and the heals are just awesome.

I know, Soraka and Janna got much dumber as well.

kenbo

kenbo

Thank fuck for that Warlord nerf

yeah but now everyone is going to move to fervor and realise how strong it is

then they'll stack it on minions before trading with their opponent and riot will nerf it to stack only on champions because they want to promote PVP

:^)

So what's the use case for combining your sightstone and your support item? I feel like all the item actives (save for maybe FOTM) are really useful now with the spooky ghosts making an appearance. Talisman remains an excellent item.

killatopak

Gold Member
yeah but now everyone is going to move to fervor and realise how strong it is

then they'll stack it on minions before trading with their opponent and riot will nerf it to stack only on champions because they want to promote PVP

:^)

wait. you can stack fervor on minions?

So what's the use case for combining your sightstone and your support item? I feel like all the item actives (save for maybe FOTM) are really useful now with the spooky ghosts making an appearance. Talisman remains an excellent item.

Active vs another item slot.

That is why.

This means gives you an item a slot to buy a vision ward or another item you may need.

kenbo

whenever you need to generate slot efficiency (you have way too much gold)

so maybe the game goes really late and you have way too much money and you want to buy a real item over your support item

or you're lee sin and want to make your sightstone more slot efficient (can you have a gold gen item and a smite item?)

killatopak

Gold Member
is there some kind of a server or client bug? I have like 45 seconds estimated match making but it's fucking 30 minutes already and I'm still waiting.

ChrisD

is there some kind of a server or client bug? I have like 45 seconds estimated match making but it's fucking 30 minutes already and I'm still waiting.

Yikes. Ranked game or standard? No issues on my end with standard games.

Can we prevent players Level 18 and up from going into battle before setting their Masteries? Why am I the only one on my team with a Keystone while the enemies are sitting pretty with a full get-up? Freakin luck.

drawkcaB

Active vs another item slot.

That is why.

This means gives you an item a slot to buy a vision ward or another item you may need.

Solid example would be playing an AP support like Zyra. Instead of locking her into sightstone + FQC which doesn't give a huge amount of AP, she can combine sightstone with the spellthiefs upgrade to open up a slot for a stronger AP item.

jerd

wait. you can stack fervor on minions?

You can actually stack it on nothing, its just spell casts. Skarner does crazy damage with it and can abuse it without running oom thanks to his spires

whether it is the best keystone on him or not idk but it gives him a pretty good spike of power :D

kenbo

Who needs massive damage when you get huge utility against all ranged abilities?

She already does a lot of damage without the execute

garath

Finally got to play in the new jungle. Tried khazix since he's been one of my favorites for ages.

Ouch. I started krugs and got executed on red buff. Easier my ass. Early sustain sucks for a carry jungler. I hate everything about the new potions. Even the warlords doesnt give as much as a couple health pots I'd buy normally.

I do not like the jungle item being more expensive.

Not a huge fan of the new warriors. Never felt like I had any sort of power spike.

Jungle was kicking my ass straight through minute 15.

I know they said they toned down the monsters but either that didn't go through or the new jungle items do not scale well enough with the monster scaling over time.

I don't want to have to be pigeon holed into a tank jungler again. Sigh.

Man Quinn nerfs already ruining my fun

Glad to finally play with you. Thanks for the carry. :p Quinn is a mobility monster lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom